Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Golden Carps

I’ve recently finished my rod quest and I’ve ended up with over 350+ Golden carps. The item description says they are sought by gourmands for the finest recipes ever known. My cooking level is over 180 and I’ve not come across any recipe that requires Golden carps. Do any actually exist? If not, will one be added for it? Carps fetch a nice price and I don’t know if I should vendor or hold on them ..
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Re: Golden Carps

I’ve recently finished my rod quest and I’ve ended up with over 350+ Golden carps. The item description says they are sought by gourmands for the finest recipes ever known. My cooking level is over 180 and I’ve not come across any recipe that requires Golden carps. Do any actually exist? If not, will one be added for it? Carps fetch a nice price and I don’t know if I should vendor or hold on them ..
Grats on the Hand of Nodens rod. I was curious if the rods were all the same like mine, light blue shining light at each section of the rod or if they made 3 different rods for each description of the fish, pike light blue (like mine), multicolored like the trout description, and shifting light like the rays description.

As to your question I have not seen any recipe either, but with fishing they have always done things for future use and sometimes have had errors. IE silver and gold nodens were described when lirs was the only fishing zone, and obviously you could not fish the silver til stonevale was added to fishing and gold until this expansion. Errors such as the vender food said 15 minutes when it was only 5, relics and rings were supposed to come from the fish boxes, and other small errors such as character levels and fish level were confused with each other, my alt could equip the level 3 bear but couldn’t use the food to summon til he was level 80 for his character.

The only thing that I can see is the price difference, if they add it to cooking will they lower the vender price to the same as shimmering. Or is there a recipe that no one has gotten yet? They lowered the price of ling so that may happen, I hope not, but there is no telling what they will do. I think it will be for future use. But this begs the question since the shimmering is so rare why the vender price is so low? The food buffs for shimmering aren’t that great for the time u need to farm enough to do anything with them, plus you need to get the first rod to farm them against the debuff. Why add the rod quest and all this if it’s not really that great. It doesn’t make much sense to me for all the trouble it takes to get a bunch. So many questions, but in a way kinda scared to ask in case they decide to nerf prices on things.

You can buy recipes for cooking from the fishing vendors/quest dudes, for example you can buy fish related cooking recipes in Stonevale (Cooking fish --> Buy Recipe books --> 4 recipes there) from the fishing guy there. Not sure if that helps because i have no yet reached level 180 in fishing.
FallenStriker (Level 226) Rogue
Minatory (Level 222) Ranger
Voyager (Level 180+) Druid
Server: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

You can buy recipes for cooking from the fishing vendors/quest dudes, for example you can buy fish related cooking recipes in Stonevale (Cooking fish --> Buy Recipe books --> 4 recipes there) from the fishing guy there. Not sure if that helps because i have no yet reached level 180 in fishing.

Gold carps are a total different, there are zero recipes for them at fish venders. Like I said above it may be for future use or like the raid recipes, no one has gotten the recipe yet. It will be interesting to see if corrupted gardens adds these things and if cooking fish is used for more than just the xp in cooking.

I will keep them just in case ...too much farming already put in for rod quest, noway I’ll ever get that much carp again now that I’m done with it! The rod I have is blue btw, so I think it’s only one rod. Atm two are in Danu and both look the same.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I will keep them just in case ...too much farming already put in for rod quest, noway I’ll ever get that much carp again now that I’m done with it! The rod I have is blue btw, so I think it’s only one rod. Atm two are in Danu and both look the same.

Oh well wishful thinking on my part, that would have been pretty cool to have random different rods, and would alleviate all the cardboard cutouts of everyone looking the same. It made sense in my mind, different described fish, different colored vortexes.....

I am saving my carp to although I hope they dont change the prices because I’m using the carp as a fallback in case my revenue drops in other areas. It would be cool if they added a fished up recipe that used the carp, I mean they have caviar and as far as I know they didn’t even use salmon in the recipe. So what is the point of the fishing when most good stuff that has to do with fish is raid only and doesn’t even use fishing.....crazy.