Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Final Chicken Chaser competition results! - Pending Review

Are we really getting jealous over chickens
No lol, I didn’t even come close to the top 10. No one likes cheaters which is what probably happened with this dude
so game rigging and results manipulation should be ok? i mean ive seen dirty strategy but i wont bore you with the details of that. but account sharing is against TOS. or am i mistaken?
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

I believe he wants it to be more skill based, rather than a “who can click the same chicken spawns every time over a week” competition. I mean it’s alright as a one-off but I would also like a skill-based comp.
There actually was a lot of skill involved. I won't discredit having free time, because having the few days off work for the holidays really helped. But to get a lot of chickens you also have to
  • Know all the spawn locations (like that OTM put 4 new chickens in the revamped arena)
  • Know your competition and study their habits, so you can get ahead of them and collect the chickens
  • Know what chickens have already been collected and guess their respawn rate (did you know the chickens by the tavern have a faster respawn rate?)
  • Have a fast mount
There's way more involved than siting on one spot and picking a chicken up off the ground. A ton of work goes into it, and everyone who competed did a great job and deserves kudos for their efforts. Great job everyone!
No lol, I didn’t even come close to the top 10. No one likes cheaters which is what probably happened with this dude
no, it actually probably didn't. The guy who got 25k chickens is just that good at it. It's totally possible with low competition. Second place on Fingal was 6496, so basically most of the time he didn't have competition. most of the other worlds had a lot of competition, and that's why their chickens per hour were much lower than on Fingal. I got 16k chickens on a world with moderate competition. If you took away my competition and gave me 60% of his chickens that would be almost 25k. I farmed all day most days, and there were a few days early on where I got 3 hours of sleep. But the last day, I took a break and farmed only about 1k chickens, and the last few days I was getting a good 6-7 hours sleep. So it really would be possible if there was low competition and only one person was really collecting.

To get that many chickens it was a combination of luck (no competition), skill (see reasons above), and dedication (doing the work). Everyone on this list deserves the place they got.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

I believe he wants it to be more skill based, rather than a “who can click the same chicken spawns every time over a week” competition. I mean it’s alright as a one-off but I would also like a skill-based comp.
There actually was a lot of skill involved. I won't discredit having free time, because having the few days off work for the holidays really helped. But to get a lot of chickens you also have to
  • Know all the spawn locations (like that OTM put 4 new chickens in the revamped arena)
  • Know your competition and study their habits, so you can get ahead of them and collect the chickens
  • Know what chickens have already been collected and guess their respawn rate (did you know the chickens by the tavern have a faster respawn rate?)
  • Have a fast mount
There's way more involved than siting on one spot and picking a chicken up off the ground. A ton of work goes into it, and everyone who competed did a great job and deserves kudos for their efforts. Great job everyone!
no, it actually probably didn't. The guy who got 25k chickens is just that good at it. It's totally possible with low competition. Second place on Fingal was 6496, so basically most of the time he didn't have competition. most of the other worlds had a lot of competition, and that's why their chickens per hour were much lower than on Fingal. I got 16k chickens on a world with moderate competition. If you took away my competition and gave me 60% of his chickens that would be almost 25k. I farmed all day most days, and there were a few days early on where I got 3 hours of sleep. But the last day, I took a break and farmed only about 1k chickens, and the last few days I was getting a good 6-7 hours sleep. So it really would be possible if there was low competition and only one person was really collecting.

To get that many chickens it was a combination of luck (no competition), skill (see reasons above), and dedication (doing the work). Everyone on this list deserves the place they got.
you forgot to mention other skills like:
-create level 1 toons during the last day of the event to collect chickens at bailey's ley then delete them afterwards so they don't show on LD
-pay other players to collect chickens if they see ur competitor but leave em for u
-have an alt camp chickens and if u can't get to them on time, have alt pick them up
-ask competitors to slow down/concede in ur favour
-psych competitors about having a "surgery" but manage to stay 24 hrs online for last day of comp
-magically more than double your daily average output on the last day of the competition
-have people sit emote on chickens to make competitors think it hasnt spawned

they say competitions bring out the worse in people but this is beyond pathetic. but i guess to some means are justified by ends. to those who played cleaned and other participants gratzy. it was an eye opener definitely.
RETIRED

Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)

I'm glad I didn't play on your worlds... I didn't see any of this on my world. Most of what you said wouldn't boost a person's totals, it would just bring down other peoples totals. Doubling your output on the last day would be possible if there wasn't any competition. The surgery thing is just bizarre, so I can't really speak about that. So sure, I can agree that it's possible a person could do some shady things to win, but I still doubt that it happened without any evidence. The situations you described, while extreme, don't seem to rise to the level of breaking the ToS. So when people yell "cheater", and then say they didn't compete in the competition, it really doesn't influence me to believe them. I believe my eyes and the numbers. The numbers say that Fingal didn't have much competition, and that was the reason why 25k was possible. And by the way, I got 16k, why am I not a cheater too? :lol:
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

I'm glad I didn't play on your worlds... I didn't see any of this on my world. Most of what you said wouldn't boost a person's totals, it would just bring down other peoples totals. Doubling your output on the last day would be possible if there wasn't any competition. The surgery thing is just bizarre, so I can't really speak about that. So sure, I can agree that it's possible a person could do some shady things to win, but I still doubt that it happened without any evidence. The situations you described, while extreme, don't seem to rise to the level of breaking the ToS. So when people yell "cheater", and then say they didn't compete in the competition, it really doesn't influence me to believe them. I believe my eyes and the numbers. The numbers say that Fingal didn't have much competition, and that was the reason why 25k was possible. And by the way, I got 16k, why am I not a cheater too? :lol:
oh these are skills... the account sharing is what im pointing out to when i say breaking TOS. the above are just wondrous ways to, as you mention, slow ur competitor down. and if your into the the numbers see the daily average for the 7 days and yah tell me what you think. and regarding evidence. we have SS of these level one toons and other convos. but cmon really for a chicken picking competition? ikr!
RETIRED

• Have a fast mount

-create level 1 toons during the last day of the event to collect chickens at bailey's ley then delete them afterwards so they don't show on LD
-pay other players to collect chickens if they see ur competitor but leave em for u
-have an alt camp chickens and if u can't get to them on time, have alt pick them up
-ask competitors to slow down/concede in ur favour
-psych competitors about having a "surgery" but manage to stay 24 hrs online for last day of comp
-magically more than double your daily average output on the last day of the competition
-have people sit emote on chickens to make competitors think it hasnt spawned

they say competitions bring out the worse in people but this is beyond pathetic. but i guess to some means are justified by ends. to those who played cleaned and other participants gratzy. it was an eye opener definitely.
So spot on I saw all of this happening. I didn’t decide to do completion until day 3! And still won 1st with dedication. Then pushed for server top 10 and missed st spot 11. So I hope all who placed did it fairly , if not nothing I can do. Move on
World: Belenus
Clan: Ronin
Ranger Lark 226
Mage Gem 224
Rogue Sundropkiss 210

There was competition on Fingal. I rode a 109 speed wolf, knew spawn spots, spent at least 12 hours most days farming, and still only got 3422 chickens. 2nd place and I were farming a lot. It was nearly impossible to get them when first place somehow ran into an area and magically vacuumed the chickens from a distance. If I saw him come near, there was no point trying.
Crom server
Kyree 226 druid
Graceshot 213 ranger
Joyride 190 mage
Mercykill 187 rogue
Lovebyte 160 warrior
...others

There was competition on Fingal. I rode a 109 speed wolf, knew spawn spots, spent at least 12 hours most days farming, and still only got 3422 chickens. 2nd place and I were farming a lot. It was nearly impossible to get them when first place somehow ran into an area and magically vacuumed the chickens from a distance. If I saw him come near, there was no point trying.
Can you expound on this pls? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or is there a way to pick em all up all at once?!?
RETIRED

Can you expound on this pls? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or is there a way to pick em all up all at once?!?

I don't know...

Me and everyone else- go to the chicken, double click the chicken, wait for animation to play out, chicken is picked up

Him- get near the chicken, no idea what happens next but no animation, chicken instantly goes into backpack.

I asked him how he was doing it. His reply was that he was too tired to read what I had typed. LOL- I had to believe him since he only logged out for a maximum of 2 hours each day.
Crom server
Kyree 226 druid
Graceshot 213 ranger
Joyride 190 mage
Mercykill 187 rogue
Lovebyte 160 warrior
...others