Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How dragons could have been

I didn't need six storm skimmers to get a 100/50 storm skimmer.
That mount was the jackpot so assuming a jackpot pet would be all powerful when you win it isn't that unreasonable of an assumption.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

My main issue is that what was advertised isn’t what we actually received. Here is the dictionary definition of jackpot per dictionary.com:” The chief prize or the cumulative stakes in a game or contest, as in bingo, a quiz contest, or a slot machine.” Instead of a “jackpot pet” we got something more like an installment pet. It reminds me of those late night TV advertisements ( For just six easy installments of 8,000 platinum you too can own the new dragomatic ). Perhaps something got lost in translation. Maybe jackpot doesn’t actually mean jackpot in Scotland, but to most places it does and it sure doesn’t refer to a six part puzzle.

I’m glad that a ticket is being put in to prevent any further false advertising, but what is being done to address the issue for the customers who have already purchased firebreath chests under false pretenses? No winners of the 4k plat or 2mil gold jackpots are complaining because they didnt receive only 1/6th of it; thats exactly what happened to dragon winners.
You win an egg, you get a dragon. You don't get a 6th of a dragon. You get one whole dragon. The fact it's the bottom level in a rung of 6 is irrelevant. Nowhere does it say that the level 6 pet is the jackpot.
Exactly the same as it doesn't say the jackpot is 12m gold, thus suggesting that winning 2m is a sixth of the jackpot.
Someone early suggested its like winning a sixth of a car. Total nonsense, it's like winning a basic level ford mustang v6 eco model as the jackpot. Looks good, but has meh performance. However, if you win the jackpot again, up to six times, you can upgrade that mustang a level, until you get the 6.0 v8 Cosworth tuned, turbocharged, supercharged engine, with the chassis set up by McLaren, that becomes a NASCAR chasing, supercar eating beast.
Also nowhere does it say that it doesnt. At no time in the history of this game has there been a precident or need to win multiple jackpots. There was no communication whatsoever so based on all prior knowledge of the game we had no reason to believe otherwise.
Essentially the game mechanics in relation to jackpot prizes was changed just before a cash event. This knowledge was not appropiatley or at all passed onto players before participating in the event where real money was exchanged.

Your comment about the cash jackpot is ludicrous because those jackpots have been well established. Players know beforehand what to expect. The jackpot is exactly what it says it is. No further jackpots are required for them. Now suddenly we get a new jackpot and the rules have changed and OTM neglected to let us know.
There aren't new rules. Chests have always been the same - you might or might not get what you want out of them. There are only chances and no guarantees
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Perhaps I need to clarify. In ALL prior jackpots there was never before a need to re-win the same exact jackpot. Now we are expected to do just that. Not once, not twice, but six times. Literally in all prior events the jackpot was a stand alone prize. The jackpots never came in pieces or required upgrades. This is how the rules have changed. This is a huge change and OTM didnt feel like that was important enough to pass on to the community before the event began.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

If anyone here says they bought chests without checking the pet trader to look at how the system works are either morons or liars.

I checked and knew it would take 6. Everyone else should have checked too, and i’m sure that people in clans spoke about it too.

Feigning ignorance is silly.
“Brevity is the soul of wit.”

If anyone here says they bought chests without checking the pet trader to look at how the system works are either morons or liars.

I checked and knew it would take 6. Everyone else should have checked too, and i’m sure that people in clans spoke about it too.

Feigning ignorance is silly.

What a ridiculous statement you arrogant prick.
The fact people needed 6 eggs was not clearly advertised, heck the fact the eggs were a jackpot prize was only really advertised in places most players don't ever look.
I suppose you read every bit of end user agreements and such before playing a new game do you?
Read all terms and conditions of the lottery have you?
I suppose you actually read all the *** information your bank sends out every time there is a change to the financial conduct agreements.

I didn't check with the pet vendor as I was told there was a "jackpot pet" by the chest description and that was all I read, as I assume a lot of others did too.
I am not lying nor am I a moron but you are an ass.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

We have to agree that the jackpot pet was poorly advertised as well as the description of how it works and OTM has agreed with us. Continuous arguing won’t help with anything. The most you can do is try to let it pass even though I know you would have spent a considerable amount of money on the game for the chance to get this jackpot pet
Jakes Aura
206 - Rogue
Retired and came back - Playing this magnificent game for fun

We have to agree that the jackpot pet was poorly advertised as well as the description of how it works and OTM has agreed with us. Continuous arguing won’t help with anything. The most you can do is try to let it pass even though I know you would have spent a considerable amount of money on the game for the chance to get this jackpot pet
I think that's a good way to end the thread (Seems to have taken a bit of a rough turn)

While we have taken steps to make everything transparent we will continue to ensure the information put forth is visible and with full explanation. The chest and NPC information will be updated next update.

We are currently reviewing player feedback regarding the Dragon Pet, please ensure any further posts are in the correct sub forum, free from insults towards others.

Thank you.