Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: what is this drop rate OTM?????

When these new chests first got introduced, I purchased ~1200 chests and got 0 eggs.

During double plat event in have purchased an additional ~2000 chests and have gotten 2 eggs.

Seeing as how I'm not going to spend an additional $2k I decided to sell my two eggs and invest in other gear. Made 16m from my two eggs.

I'm not real happy with the drop rate, but I knew my chances of getting a lvl 6 dragon weren't good when I started. Life goes on.
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

From what I’ve seen is it’s mainly the same players who are getting the eggs I opened 500 and got no egg whereas someone who opened 500 got 3 similar with some other players and there are some who have opened more and not got any .
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

The UK gambling folks noted the lack of cash prize is hat kept it out of jurisdiction.

I feel that the lack of inbetween prizes so to speak is what has everyone miffed. Everyone is looking for that 100% mount, for instance. But in this scenario, there is nothing but the mount to get. No 80 trough 95, no capes, no staffs. We'd have seen the same fits and anger if the unicorn and warthog events had done similarly, I think.
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

I would like to add that I have opened 2000+ Chests now and received 0 eggs.

But I’m seeing noobs running around after buying 200 chests having multiple eggs?

Surely their odds can’t be the same as mine.
I too have now opened 2000 chests with zero eggs. The claim that one egg is a jackpot is ridiculous. To get a max dragon you would have to hit the jackpot six times. Let’s instead compare to legacy mounts. A top mount had a drop rate maybe 1/1200 to 1/2000. So going into this event and considering the need for six drops one would expect a rate of 1/200 to 1/300. I know someone with several accounts, he bought small quantities with an egg in each. He has six eggs and bought fewer chests than I bought. If you look statistically there are too many outliers, so that is really does look like OTM has other criteria for drops - other than a straight drop rate.

I see no one using dragons. I see little interest in them except for the leadership to acquire for display. I had urges OTM to put excitement back into the chests, I am afraid they have total destroyed any desire to get chests.

The UK gambling folks noted the lack of cash prize is hat kept it out of jurisdiction.

I feel that the lack of inbetween prizes so to speak is what has everyone miffed. Everyone is looking for that 100% mount, for instance. But in this scenario, there is nothing but the mount to get. No 80 trough 95, no capes, no staffs. We'd have seen the same fits and anger if the unicorn and warthog events had done similarly, I think.
Not so much a lack of a cash prize, more that the prize had no intrinsic monetary value. If the prizes were a physical object with a real value, then it may have come under gambling laws. The big problem in the UK is that gambling prizes are taxable, but because the prizes do but have a quantifiable monetary value they cannot tax it. Because they can't tax the prizes, they decided it must fall outside of gambling laws.

As for the lack of inbetween prizes. Nonsense. These are identical to the old Rimebound chest with an added egg jackpot prize. Therefore the Rimebound chests also lacked inbetween prizes, yet no-one ever complained about not winning the jackpot on those chests.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

OTM. Please listen to players. If you want to have special items in the game as special rewards, awesome. But do not let them impact the game in anyway. From what I’ve seen, the ONLY reason people are upset about the drop rates is because the dragons give an advantage in game, making it more pay to win. If the dragons were cosmetic only, then there wouldn’t be nearly as many complaints.

Please learn and move on. Quit adding new game-impacting items as platinum only. Give us special items instead that DO NOT impact the game.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I am worried beyond the drop rate, that there are other unrevealed criteria in the drop formula, as the drop differences between players seems outside the realm of statistical randomness.
This.
Please don't be shy of openly suspecting that OTM is manipulating drop rates, for fear that you might lose your forum account. People need to speak up. This has happened in other games. In this case, setting low drop rates for the whales, and much higher drop rates for the casual payers. When these casual payers do get their dragons, they would be so excited about it and start screaming in game chat and forum. This will EGG the whales on (pun intended).

The present OTM may not be the one you knew before. But should be fundamentally the same as before when it comes to learning what other games do.
We're going to start here because you're misinformed and just plain wrong. We don't have separate drop rates for spenders versus free players. We will never individually set drop rates for players. We can't speak for other games, but we can speak for this one.

To the main point of this thread:
No, we won't publicly give you the drop rate, but as someone has stated previously, it is and has always been advertised as a Jackpot Prize. The information passed to me is that the drop is similar to (actually you have a better chance at an egg) than the other Jackpot Prizes. Now that being said, it is completely understandable that we are receiving complaints that it takes hitting Jackpot six times in order to have a maxed out prize. Keeping this in mind as players discuss, the team is closely monitoring this discussion and the information coming the game.

Well, I guess I should follow up, be honest, and report that I finally got my dragon pet. It’s a level 1. It only cost me 50,000 plat. (Note I did not win any other big prizes. Twice I got a 1000 plat bundle. Once I got a 100k gold).

Yes for $500 USD I can now use a pet that adds +10 to all of my stats. Pretty sure that cooking food at level 30 does the same.

I think we’ve reached that point where the MMO progression ladder in CH has been severely wounded. We’ve now introduced a ladder in the game for end game pets - only achieveable via $$$. To be clear, the argument of whether it’s gambling is a completely different topic.

MMO GEAR should always be rewarded for hard work, grind, and progression. Not anymore.

I would have rather seen something implemented like the heliants and divine damage rings. Imagine if flawless stones/crystals only came from chests! Both are ladders for end game gear. Both very different in how you achieve.

And just a side note - the argument that ‘so what - you knew and now you have millions of gold in resourcres’. We didn’t actually know, and now the markets are so flooded with resources that markets are down like 50%. So even if I wanted to sell my 1,000 idol crates (of 50 each) - I couldn’t. Supply vs demand has destroyed plat item value.

I’m curious what happens to the eggs when the next event comes out. Will they get put into the Aeon chests (shoulda been all along), or will players be forced to choose between 3 different chest types?

I don’t understand why 1 egg wasn’t handed out automatically with each purchase of a 8000 plat bundle. Or perhaps you could have offered a choice for the largest plat bundle:
$99 USD for 8000 plat
$99 USD for 4000 plat and 1 dragon egg

At this point there isn’t much to fix. Changing the drop rates or the offer is too late. You have the data that shows which players got robbed. Do something about it.

Well, I guess I should follow up, be honest, and report that I finally got my dragon pet. It’s a level 1. It only cost me 50,000 plat. (Note I did not win any other big prizes. Twice I got a 1000 plat bundle. Once I got a 100k gold).

Yes for $500 USD I can now use a pet that adds +10 to all of my stats. Pretty sure that cooking food at level 30 does the same.

I think we’ve reached that point where the MMO progression ladder in CH has been severely wounded. We’ve now introduced a ladder in the game for end game pets - only achieveable via $$$. To be clear, the argument of whether it’s gambling is a completely different topic.

MMO GEAR should always be rewarded for hard work, grind, and progression. Not anymore.

I would have rather seen something implemented like the heliants and divine damage rings. Imagine if flawless stones/crystals only came from chests! Both are ladders for end game gear. Both very different in how you achieve.

And just a side note - the argument that ‘so what - you knew and now you have millions of gold in resourcres’. We didn’t actually know, and now the markets are so flooded with resources that markets are down like 50%. So even if I wanted to sell my 1,000 idol crates (of 50 each) - I couldn’t. Supply vs demand has destroyed plat item value.

I’m curious what happens to the eggs when the next event comes out. Will they get put into the Aeon chests (shoulda been all along), or will players be forced to choose between 3 different chest types?

I don’t understand why 1 egg wasn’t handed out automatically with each purchase of a 8000 plat bundle. Or perhaps you could have offered a choice for the largest plat bundle:
$99 USD for 8000 plat
$99 USD for 4000 plat and 1 dragon egg

At this point there isn’t much to fix. Changing the drop rates or the offer is too late. You have the data that shows which players got robbed. Do something about it.
No one got robbed. Is the drop rate lower than it needs to be? Sure. But there isn't a guarantee that a chest opener will get an egg even if they open a million chests. Expecting items from chests are a gamble and just like any gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue