Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: lux shop need in food of gods update!

Skain and garanak jewelry sets are only good for leveling/locker toons. I'll never understand how someone 220+ could envy one of these sets. You literally get better stats by mixing more common and cheaper jewelry.

If we aren't considering legacy bosses "endgame" then there has yet to be an endgame boss that drops neck and misc slot items. This is the real problem, not lack of old lux. It's a lack of new endgame content.

I will also add that the shinestone and wyldshrine bracelets (except the focus ones) are a viable option for people lacking endgame bracelets. In terms of stats, they beat almost every brace that doesn't drop from Proteus or Gelebron.
Ur wrong, as a 227 rogue with a skain/gara set on balor ik that for locking its not that good unless its a 6* who doesnt die in like 2mins but for 4* and 5* lux is way more OP like wyld ammy, shinestone dex one. And for leveling skain/gara sucks due the fact u dont have any regen, so unless u rebirth extra focus and vit wich is stupid cuz then u lose the benefit of skain being better. But skain is by far the best endgame set gear u can have, the only gear i think that beats the damage output of a skain set is maybe a godly smolach ammy, godly spider charm or smolach recast charm and an extra necro wep ability and those i wuldnt call that more common/cheaper.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Skain and garanak jewelry sets are only good for leveling/locker toons. I'll never understand how someone 220+ could envy one of these sets. You literally get better stats by mixing more common and cheaper jewelry.

If we aren't considering legacy bosses "endgame" then there has yet to be an endgame boss that drops neck and misc slot items. This is the real problem, not lack of old lux. It's a lack of new endgame content.

I will also add that the shinestone and wyldshrine bracelets (except the focus ones) are a viable option for people lacking endgame bracelets. In terms of stats, they beat almost every brace that doesn't drop from Proteus or Gelebron.
Ur wrong, as a 227 rogue with a skain/gara set on balor ik that for locking its not that good unless its a 6* who doesnt die in like 2mins but for 4* and 5* lux is way more OP like wyld ammy, shinestone dex one. And for leveling skain/gara sucks due the fact u dont have any regen, so unless u rebirth extra focus and vit wich is stupid cuz then u lose the benefit of skain being better. But skain is by far the best endgame set gear u can have, the only gear i think that beats the damage output of a skain set is maybe a godly smolach ammy, godly spider charm or smolach recast charm and an extra necro wep ability and those i wuldnt call that more common/cheaper.
Stargem stormcaller/runic valour ammy
Skain/gara attack charm/emberdrake recast/ostara 2016 charm/synak damage charm
Necro weapon ability ring/valour ring or hrung ring in cases

Only time at eg something beats tone of those combinations is a bloodthorn set on hrung and mordy. There is no instance at endgame anywhere else where a gara or skain set is sperior dps. Smolach ammy is poop :)
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple

Stargem stormcaller/runic valour ammy
Skain/gara attack charm/emberdrake recast/ostara 2016 charm/synak damage charm
Necro weapon ability ring/valour ring or hrung ring in cases

Only time at eg something beats tone of those combinations is a bloodthorn set on hrung and mordy. There is no instance at endgame anywhere else where a gara or skain set is sperior dps. Smolach ammy is poop :)
Hmm for rogues and rangers it’s underrated it’s a great ammy that’s balanced adds str for auto damage and a lot of range combat/ cunning ability which boosts all your skills.... id take it over a solo skain ammy since 55 stats adds less skill damage than 800 ability.

As a 220 rogue who owns every Skain and Garanak set (including bloodthorn and all caster/tank sets), I have tested and confirmed the only type worth using over mixed jewelry combinations is the bloodthorn set on certain bosses. Not even the caster or tank sets can compete with mixed jewelry combinations at endgame. I am still a fan of the stonebark sets though.

I would highly encourage you to replace your ammy with a runic valor, and your Skain/Gara ring with a runic valor, and compare the stats.

A 227 rogue can't do much to counter the extreme lock penalty so I would say that buying a wyld ammy just to lock a mini is pretty pointless. In terms of locker toons, mine uses a bloodthorn set and I wouldn't swap it for anything else. The skill on the wyld ammy is evadeable...

I don't buy lux for the regen... You would get a much better XP rate by stacking the best gear you can find and using restos/personal Druid. I leveled countless toons and can confirm the Skain and garanak sets are pretty decent for leveling.
World - Sulis
Clan - Toxic

H3ROsRogue - lvl 220 rogue
H3ROsRanger - lvl 200 ranger
H3ROsMage - lvl 220 mage
H3ROsDruid - lvl 220 druid
H3ROsWarrior - lvl 200 warrior
H3ROsLocker - lvl 190 rogue

Can't imagine losing kills to a ranger in 2019.

There are only a few useful lux gears ingame. Poacher ammy is amazing for tanks, stormcaller ammy is decent for dps, reaper and huntsman rings are both good as well, and I have seen the perceptor ammys go to good use, but that's up to personal preference. Wyld ammys are good for lixing- so are stalker/hunter ammys. That's pretty much it...

I like bob's idea of adding an extra set of lux slots, or OTM could make a new lux shop altogether- but there really isn't anything that can beat our already existing gears without become way too op. The only thing I hate about lux shop, is that when 3 horrible lux items appear there's really nothing that can be done. Nobody is willing to buy out the gears for everyone else so that something better might appear. I like the "shop window" idea, where lux items should reset every few days. This seems to be the popular demand, OTM should really look into that.
The potent perceptor pendant of whatever its called is excellent for druids that are not max lvl. I dont know about 200+ as my druid has not made it that far yet but paired with a couple other regen items i do not even need pots or lixes at all.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

I believe that temperance to lux was always an err. Lux isnt an investment its a classification of items needed for standard game play... But the problem is OTM set up a precedent for lux to have these high values. And now... reversal would hurt a lot of players who made investments along these lines.

Imagine you invest in gold because you know there is a strict supply of gold on earth right? And golds value is always (almost always...) going up, so you know it is a safe long term investment. All of a sudden the federal government sells off some gold as they think the market needs to be adjusted (in the us, people wanted the usfg to do something similar with silver). Now your gold stock is basically worthless...

While at times there is a need for changes, i think that otm needs to be mindful on the fact that they were the ones who set the past precedent and need to find a way to bring back this needed lux in a way where economies and investors aren't screwed over. In my opinion, the best way is to make 6 lux spots in shop, with even distribution among items (if it isn't already that way), with the lux shop reseting automatically every 10-15 days if no item was bought.

Lux isn't like the pirate shop. I get the need for a gold sink but what OTM needs to realize is that the players with the large gold stocks usually aren't the players who need the items, otherwise they can afford to buy them on the open market.

By restructuring the lux shop, OTM doesn't immediately release large volumes of lux items, but sets a curve for over time restoring lux prices to a reasonable value. This allows for the market to adjust over time instead of having to shock adjust itself overnight.

PlusonePlusonePlusone
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I like this thread. Having thought about raising issue about the inefficiency of the time lost vendor before. There's no argument about the viability of the use of legacy lux. It is ideal -especially at midlevel-. There's no comparison between endgame and legacy. But I'm sure a better distribution of TimeLost gear will benefit players across all world's - especially in 'the new world' (nuada).

My hat off to bobthemage for concieving an ideal solution.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]