Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unified servers

1.) make new dungeon related content that makes all old end game useless. "End game" clans should not have to farm the same bosses for 3 years. They should get the gear they need to move on to tougher bosses and better gear. Not fight with non-dominant clans over gear they don't need. Each clan should progress at their own pace, so there isnt a dominant clan. Just friends bossing together. The most hardcore bossers will be the most hardcore.

2.) increase the level caps to 250 (make all mordi/necro gear obsolete and not as good as lux. Think aggy gear).

3.) Merge all the servers

4.) Move to AWS and off your ****** hardware that is held together by bubble gum and tape, without any monitoring infrastructure. Move your .ASP server to beanstalk. Add monitoring. I'm sure you invested $$$ on those servers back in 2012 but they are obsolete. If you don't keep with the times, this game will soon follow.

5.) Focus on always adding new gear/bosses and stop building **** that no one needs. Make the bosses cost 3-4X the platinum. Add Chaos resist lixes, which are 4X the plat cost but required for every boss 230+. This provides money OTM needs to survive without having to focus on building noob content to feed a transient population. Right now it seems like OTM uses their small team's resources to efficiently build crap no one needs. Focus on your core players, and not the transient populations which come, play for a month, get to 100, and quit. I know... they buy most of the plat. Figure out a solution...
Any of these ideas would be the end of ch
So if I am to understand you, you want to continue for YEARS to farm the same 4 bosses, with no new gear, no new progression, being added? You like that people level to 220 in a couple months, finish end game and then quit? You like that OTM uses obsolete server hardware with no monitoring, no on-call rotations, and huge delays on things as simple as restarting servers? You prefer that OTM focuses on low level content like redesiging noob zones and catering to a transient population who quit by level 100 instead of the core high level players? You enjoy that the game is focused on all clans fighting over the same bosses as opposed to playing the game at their own pace? To each's own I suppose.
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

CH does not have enough content to handle more than 80+ end gamers, let alone 2,000+
Entertaining the idea of one huge server is ridiculous at this point.

And make bosses cost 3-4 x the platinum? It's already silly at this point how much we have to rely for plat items just to kill a boss.
I suppose if this happens, 1,950 of the end-gamers will quit and the remaining 50 can enjoy their "one huge server".

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Muldar? Esquilax? Any input?
It has been something we have discussed a few times in passing.

As many have already posted it does however come with a lot of social and economic issues hence why there is no rushed action to do so.
If people are bored of being on a one server clan or a dead server, make a new server and give people the oporunity to xfer there officially with all their stuff, gets rid of social and economic issues and still provides a new oppurtunity for players wanting something new.

Muldar? Esquilax? Any input?

As many have already posted it does however come with a lot of social and economic issues hence why there is no rushed action to do so.
If people are bored of being on a one server clan or a dead server, make a new server and give people the oporunity to xfer there officially with all their stuff, gets rid of social and economic issues and still provides a new oppurtunity for players wanting something new.
Nuada was a new server and it turned into a 1 clan dominant server. You can keep creating servers but most will just end up being a 1 clan dominant server.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

what about just having a transfer day once a year or every two years. I just want to get out of my server!
Name: Madara uchiha
Power Lvl: 222
Fishing Lvl: 179
Cooking Lvl: 23

Name: ltachi Uchiha
Power Lvl: 121

Name: Julius Caesar
Power Lvl: 145

Personally, I prefer the model of games where clans are more social in features. Open servers where players chose a server to play on when logging in, and where loot is openly accessible to all. Where the difficulties come in quests etc, not gear. But CH is a different sort of game. If you want a more open game try some other mmos, no game will fit everyone. But don't try and mold CH to be other games.

But I have to agree with aileron, 80+ EG players is too much atm. Maybe in a year or two there will be more content so EG players won't crowd each other out, but as of now that isn't the case. Maybe keep this on the back burner until more horizontal content is released after corrupted gardens.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Nuada was a new server and it turned into a 1 clan dominant server. You can keep creating servers but most will just end up being a 1 clan dominant server.
Nuada didn't have the chance to xfer there tho, they all started from scratch, which may have been a big factor in joining the dominant clan (gear loot etc), if a new server popped up with the chance to xfer your current toons and gear/loot id imagine there'd be at least two big clans, maybe three. People won't be sort of forced to join the dominant clan to progress their toons if that makes sense.

Make the bosses cost 3-4X the platinum. Add Chaos resist lixes, which are 4X the plat cost but required for every boss 230+. This provides money OTM needs to survive without having to focus on building noob content to feed a transient population.
No offense, but what drugs are you on?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

CH does not have enough content to handle more than 80+ end gamers, let alone 2,000+
Entertaining the idea of one huge server is ridiculous at this point.

And make bosses cost 3-4 x the platinum? It's already silly at this point how much we have to rely for plat items just to kill a boss.
I suppose if this happens, 1,950 of the end-gamers will quit and the remaining 50 can enjoy their "one huge server".
It would only work if content is instanced in dungeons. Then 50 clans can all be killing the same boss at the same time in their own instances.
I say make bosses 3-4X the cost because right now OTM focuses its effort on NEW PLAYERS because new players buy platinum and 220+ players with millions of gold do not. If you want OTM to focus on adding content for end game players, then they need to make money off end game players. This is business strategy, not what end game players want. I would love it if all lix rained down from the sky freely, and OTM focused on adding new bosses every month, but they would go out of business if they did.
215+ Druid
220+ Mage
220+ Warrior
220+ Rogue
215+ Ranger

Perhaps for some dead servers it would make sense to merge them (if there are any)

Would prefer
-unified Auction House only (for lux items only)
-Ability to move to a different server (not often and only if no scammer)

Instead of unifying servers, OTM can start some kind of tournament between clans from all servers with prizes and lots of fun...
Clan vs Clan from different servers .