Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Unified servers

I honestly find instanced content boring and repetitive. I can see it work for quest armor bosses but for raid bosses, open world has more longevity in my experience. If only there isn't so much camping involved.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

1.) make new dungeon related content that makes all old end game useless. "End game" clans should not have to farm the same bosses for 3 years. They should get the gear they need to move on to tougher bosses and better gear. Not fight with non-dominant clans over gear they don't need. Each clan should progress at their own pace, so there isnt a dominant clan. Just friends bossing together. The most hardcore bossers will be the most hardcore.

2.) increase the level caps to 250 (make all mordi/necro gear obsolete and not as good as lux. Think aggy gear).

3.) Merge all the servers

4.) Move to AWS and off your ****** hardware that is held together by bubble gum and tape, without any monitoring infrastructure. Move your .ASP server to beanstalk. Add monitoring. I'm sure you invested $$$ on those servers back in 2012 but they are obsolete. If you don't keep with the times, this game will soon follow.

5.) Focus on always adding new gear/bosses and stop building **** that no one needs. Make the bosses cost 3-4X the platinum. Add Chaos resist lixes, which are 4X the plat cost but required for every boss 230+. This provides money OTM needs to survive without having to focus on building noob content to feed a transient population. Right now it seems like OTM uses their small team's resources to efficiently build crap no one needs. Focus on your core players, and not the transient populations which come, play for a month, get to 100, and quit. I know... they buy most of the plat. Figure out a solution...
I agree with the comment larger clans should not be fighting over bosses they dont really need the drops from, however, in any clan their are lowet lvl members who inevitably still need drops from almost any boss as they lvl up. But, like with almost any game their are people who take advantage of this and still kill bosses they really dont need then manipulate the economy by charging 10 times more than something is really worth. They do this repeatedly just to earn gold they probably dont really need, or because they have run up prices so much that they actuly do need it just to buy some overpriced mount that costs 4 mil.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

Would like to get your opinions:
The idea is to combine a few of the small servers together. For example, world A and world B, two small servers, would be combined to now form one server, world C. This would greatly help servers with dying populations who struggle with endgame bossing due to a lack of players. At first it may be chaotic but I believe that everything should even out eventually. What are your opinions on this? Would like OTM to look into this as well. Discuss
I think that this is a great idea and maybe will resolve the abusive consequences of dominance in some servers.

I would merge with each other two servers with dominance, lets say LUGH and another dominant server.

This will provide alternative options for the players in lugh ( some high levels will be able to access and kill gele , would less boring for the players in the dominant clans since as they say competition is good!...) and more importantly will prevent that players leave server because they dont have access to end game bosses at high level. Also, the players population would be higher, which will attrack more and more peole. Game would be more interesting and would show who are the real best players!!!!

1.) make new dungeon related content that makes all old end game useless. "End game" clans should not have to farm the same bosses for 3 years. They should get the gear they need to move on to tougher bosses and better gear. Not fight with non-dominant clans over gear they don't need. Each clan should progress at their own pace, so there isnt a dominant clan. Just friends bossing together. The most hardcore bossers will be the most hardcore.

2.) increase the level caps to 250 (make all mordi/necro gear obsolete and not as good as lux. Think aggy gear).

3.) Merge all the servers

4.) Move to AWS and off your ****** hardware that is held together by bubble gum and tape, without any monitoring infrastructure. Move your .ASP server to beanstalk. Add monitoring. I'm sure you invested $$$ on those servers back in 2012 but they are obsolete. If you don't keep with the times, this game will soon follow.

5.) Focus on always adding new gear/bosses and stop building **** that no one needs. Make the bosses cost 3-4X the platinum. Add Chaos resist lixes, which are 4X the plat cost but required for every boss 230+. This provides money OTM needs to survive without having to focus on building noob content to feed a transient population. Right now it seems like OTM uses their small team's resources to efficiently build crap no one needs. Focus on your core players, and not the transient populations which come, play for a month, get to 100, and quit. I know... they buy most of the plat. Figure out a solution...
Any of these ideas would be the end of ch
So if I am to understand you, you want to continue for YEARS to farm the same 4 bosses, with no new gear, no new progression, being added? You like that people level to 220 in a couple months, finish end game and then quit? You like that OTM uses obsolete server hardware with no monitoring, no on-call rotations, and huge delays on things as simple as restarting servers? You prefer that OTM focuses on low level content like redesiging noob zones and catering to a transient population who quit by level 100 instead of the core high level players? You enjoy that the game is focused on all clans fighting over the same bosses as opposed to playing the game at their own pace? To each's own I suppose.
Obviously, you are that tired of being in a non dominant clan, then join one. Because the way ch was designed is exactly the opposite of what you are suggesting.there is supposed to be a dominant clan who works harder, with better strategy and better game style and mind. If u dont like the game the way it is, just quit like the others.

I honestly find instanced content boring and repetitive. I can see it work for quest armor bosses but for raid bosses, open world has more longevity in my experience. If only there isn't so much camping involved.
Curious what do you think the reason is for this, personally i only really like instances more because i prefer a scheduled raid instead of kill on spawn. Maybe you are right but i cant see why for example mordy would be any more repetitive in an instanced zone instead of open world unless they decided to make it like a dungeon where u gotta clear mobs etc etc i find that repetitive.

Hey flough how do I register my clan to ur timer app it's not working lol
If you are a legit clan who have NOT caused drama for me and you can verify your clan by sending me a screenshot of your in-game clan roster and have a general or chief send me the SS on the forums, I will be happy to register a clan manually on the timer app for you.
Edit: revision:
...removed all inactive clans, and closed registration again.
Last edited by Mind on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

Maybe to merge servers, just give advance notice of the chance to transfer from one server to another. After doing so, put a disclaimer on the depopulated servers, noting the low population.

Or just 2 weeks notice.
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

Definitely for server merge. I know alot of people who are forced to transfer loosing years of work (including me) because of a server dying. Many people in this situation just quit instead. I’ve already wasted a 230 toon due to dying servers. Even on the populated servers there aren’t enough EG players to kill certain raidbosses at any timezone, instead they are always killed at a fixed timezone, locking out players who aren’t able to login at X time from EG. Being locked away from EG makes people quit, being on a dead server makes people quit. Merging servers fixes both of these problems.

As for economy things should even out because the ratio of plat buyers:demand of plat items should stay the same. OTM could give a warning before merging servers months ahead giving merchants time to prepare. After all shiny fash and mounts isn’t the core of this game.

I have played a broad range of MMOs from IOS to PC and I can say almost all of them have a server transfer or merge system which works well. Rewards in an MMORPG shouldn’t be based off timezone and server status...