Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Legacy Lux Vendor

A weekly refresh would be nice, it could refresh randomly every 168-192 hours (7-8 days). This way we aren't getting reaper rings flooding in destabilizing economies, but we are able to get the proper use out of the shop.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

A weekly refresh would be nice, it could refresh randomly every 168-192 hours (7-8 days). This way we aren't getting reaper rings flooding in destabilizing economies, but we are able to get the proper use out of the shop.
It was ok when we were having resets every few weeks, but now it's kinda stagnated... Make it reset on a similar timer to mordi, but longer. 4 days same stuff, 4 days window to reset, and then the 4 day same window starts again. You could even put each item in the shop on a timer, and have it reset if an item is bought. For example, if Ring A, Ammy A, and Brace A were in shop at reset, the window starts. Ammy is bought after one day and RNG picks a new ammy, so windows are now:
Ammy B: 96hr till reset
Brace A: 72hr till reset
Ring A: 72hr till reset

Five days go by, and now windows open. Meanwhile, the brace reset 12hrs into the window, and RNG decides the new one. Timers are now:
Ammy B: -0hrs
Brace B: 84hrs till reset
Ring A: -24hrs

Another two days go by, and brace is bought at the end of the second day:
Ammy B: -48hrs
Brace C: 96hrs till reset
Ring A: -72hrs

And so on, and so forth. Camping would be pointless, because nobody would know any timers unless they bought an item. Players would be encouraged to check through the shop every once in awhile, but it wouldn't be so often that people are constantly at the shop. Lux would stay at the shop no longer than 8 days, but could change anytime, if someone buys an item, or if it resets anytime within the window. If this doesn't seem like a long enough window, you could always elongate either the initial window, or the reset window to scale down the production of lux. This sounds like a worthwhile system to me, but I may have missed something critical. Thoughts?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Read this muldar:
It was ok when we were having resets every few weeks, but now it's kinda stagnated... Make it reset on a similar timer to mordi, but longer. 4 days same stuff, 4 days window to reset, and then the 4 day same window starts again. You could even put each item in the shop on a timer, and have it reset if an item is bought. For example, if Ring A, Ammy A, and Brace A were in shop at reset, the window starts. Ammy is bought after one day and RNG picks a new ammy, so windows are now:

Five days go by, and now windows open. Meanwhile, the brace reset 12hrs into the window, and RNG decides the new one. Timers are now:

And so on, and so forth. Camping would be pointless, because nobody would know any timers unless they bought an item. Players would be encouraged to check through the shop every once in awhile, but it wouldn't be so often that people are constantly at the shop. Lux would stay at the shop no longer than 8 days, but could change anytime, if someone buys an item, or if it resets anytime within the window. If this doesn't seem like a long enough window, you could always elongate either the initial window, or the reset window to scale down the production of lux. This sounds like a worthwhile system to me, but I may have missed something critical. Thoughts?
that is a great idea and well thought out, hopefully muldar and OTM read over it :)
Bob The God

this is actually a really good idea and i hope otm use this

If the vendor resets automatically on a X hour cycle, people would just wait for it instead of spending gold. That defeats the purpose of a gold sink.
Should just keep it as is. It's doing its job perfectly to take gold out of the system.

Just wait for server resets if you don't want to gamble.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

If the vendor resets automatically on a X hour cycle, people would just wait for it instead of spending gold. That defeats the purpose of a gold sink.
Should just keep it as is. It's doing its job perfectly to take gold out of the system.

I don’t know about other worlds but no one gambles with it on arawn, as in no one. Same items left in always until a reset. Only way people gamble on arawn is with chests. And those stupid enough, dice.
Bob The God

I don’t know about other worlds but no one gambles with it on arawn, as in no one. Same items left in always until a reset. Only way people gamble on arawn is with chests. And those stupid enough, dice.
on fingal whenever i head there nobody is ever there becuase there is always crap in that shop and i check every couple hours so yeah need to be some sort of time limit that something is in there for