Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: advertising

OTM does some advertising for the game, but I agree more would be more effective, only advertising I have seen so far is on the appstore. Then again, the game has done very well considering the little advertisement that has been done, I still can't remember how I found this game. :lol:

Also, many of the servers are empty due to server xfering around in the past. Larger servers just get larger. Hopefully, we see some servers like Crom and Sulis pick up in recruiting, but if they don't idk how effective an ad campaign would be considering the game is a global one. Advertising to all regions of the world sounds expensive and I feel like OTM's funding could be better spent on servers and developers to deliver more content in a timely matter.
What do you expect us (sulis) to do for recruiting, we don’t necessarily have much to advertise that differs from other servers and with Nuada becoming a thing if people change servers most want to go to the newest one where they haven’t killed a necro yet. Maybe if otm set the server that people first get to sulis after downloading the game we would get some numbers. Where you at otm? ;-;
I have never seen a forum recruitment post or page for sulis by anyone in the top clan on sulis. Arawn, Rosmerta, Rhianon, Epona, Herne aggressively recruit new members through world xfers. The second someone posts, "i'm thinking of world xfering" or "what world should I play on" we all jump on it. The big servers get bigger not just because we are big, we got big because of how we recruit. I don't know anything about sulis. I don't know top clans name, what type of gear distribution it uses, does it have a feeder, can it kill gelebron... These are all things that basically everyone in the game knows about Arawn, Ros, Rhia, Epona, Herne, Morrigan... But things barely anyone knows about Sulis, Crom, Belanus, Taranis etc...

If you want people to know about your world and come to it you need to advertise for yourselves first

EDIT: I'm not saying its not your fault that your server is dying slowly, rather I meant this as a suggestion for ways to pick up recruitment.
I forgot Crom was a server until you just mentioned it here.
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

What do you expect us (sulis) to do for recruiting, we don’t necessarily have much to advertise that differs from other servers and with Nuada becoming a thing if people change servers most want to go to the newest one where they haven’t killed a necro yet. Maybe if otm set the server that people first get to sulis after downloading the game we would get some numbers. Where you at otm? ;-;
I have never seen a forum recruitment post or page for sulis by anyone in the top clan on sulis. Arawn, Rosmerta, Rhianon, Epona, Herne aggressively recruit new members through world xfers. The second someone posts, "i'm thinking of world xfering" or "what world should I play on" we all jump on it. The big servers get bigger not just because we are big, we got big because of how we recruit. I don't know anything about sulis. I don't know top clans name, what type of gear distribution it uses, does it have a feeder, can it kill gelebron... These are all things that basically everyone in the game knows about Arawn, Ros, Rhia, Epona, Herne, Morrigan... But things barely anyone knows about Sulis, Crom, Belanus, Taranis etc...

If you want people to know about your world and come to it you need to advertise for yourselves first

EDIT: I'm not saying its not your fault that your server is dying slowly, rather I meant this as a suggestion for ways to pick up recruitment.
lololololol
Proud to be the Biggest Noob in crom :)
(Warrior) Heroskill: 191 - retired

Herne
(Druid) DemDruidsDoe - 221 (Totem Build Druid)

---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/Heroskill <---

:lol:

And this is the problem. Servers like arawn, herne, ros, rhia, danu, gwyd, fingal, donn, morrigan, and nuada (and some others) all have very active people on the forums, and third party apps like band. Although there is a high correlation in high population servers having more active people on third party apps, it could just be because there are more people thus a greater chance that someone from that server will be active. Regardless, advertising on forums, band, line etc really helps with recruitment. I talk to about 10 people a month about joining arawn and resurgence, about 7 or so actually come over and try it out, and about 3-5 join up. May not seem like a lot, but on low population servers 3 or 5 people can make the difference if gele stays up another night.

EDIT: Youtube channels and the like also help. I know goodies was on arawn for a long time, now hes on rosmerta, as are a plethora of others... All in all getting your clan and your server out there and bringing people to try yours out helps a lot. I'd make a toon on sulis if i had the time, but i don't even have the time to lvl my toon on herne i said id level. :/
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

OTM does some advertising for the game, but I agree more would be more effective, only advertising I have seen so far is on the appstore. Then again, the game has done very well considering the little advertisement that has been done, I still can't remember how I found this game. :lol:

Also, many of the servers are empty due to server xfering around in the past. Larger servers just get larger. Hopefully, we see some servers like Crom and Sulis pick up in recruiting, but if they don't idk how effective an ad campaign would be considering the game is a global one. Advertising to all regions of the world sounds expensive and I feel like OTM's funding could be better spent on servers and developers to deliver more content in a timely matter.
Having so many servers doesn’t help either.. when I started to play WOW they had like 4 servers. So the game never got boring to me because I would always see more and more people
Huh? WoW had over 80 servers at launch. Currently it has over 250 servers. Maybe you're referring to a certain region only.
Damn.. I was so wrong. No idea what I was talking about.
”You got to do the right thing, even if it’s not what you want”

xAndrey, Level 215 Mage, Epona
Zelion, Level 180 Rogue, Epona
Member of Celtic Heroes Community since 2012

Crom is dead because its impossible to get in to end game you can play 2-3 years and still not get into top clan that's why half of crom have left. its very difficult to get end game armour also end game drops. only way to get end game gear is if someone is quitting they would make an alt to try sell gear for chest or money which is rarely. ( also if you buy any of these gears you would be banned from joining top clan)

I played there 2 years got no where any other server id have reached end game in quarter that time. Also wouldn't advise people go there if you wana play 2 years and go nowhere. last I checked top clan have recruited a couple of scammers since they made all the decent players leave. why would you invite someone in to you clan who scammed your own clan member

Also would like to say if your a noob don't ask high levels for prices they would try to rip you of anyway possible (apoc------) and a few others) 1 person in general would attack you with words if you did not sell an item for his price .

anyways the overall problem in crom is with recruiting like bob
half of croms old players are probably in epona or arawn
----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Taranis? Is’t that Count Duko from Star Wars? Didn’t know we had a Taranis server! :o
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn