Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Aeon vs Rimebound chests

Aeon items eat into the drop chance of tokens within the mystery chest, if you were aiming for more fashion / mount / pet tokens Rimebound is a better choice.

That being said we are currently reviewing premium mystery chests and may make changes in the future.
Perhaps a chest which has no tokens in it?
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

Aeon items eat into the drop chance of tokens within the mystery chest, if you were aiming for more fashion / mount / pet tokens Rimebound is a better choice.

That being said we are currently reviewing premium mystery chests and may make changes in the future.
I doubt anybody bought aeon chests to obtain tokens which are already available from rimebound chests...people were possibly expecting some discernable difference between the two chest types.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

As someone with 46 red hat tokens and far too many other tokens too I hate tokens for fashion.
I cannot sell those tokens as nobody wants them, I cannot sell to shop as you could with some older fashion, the new fashion seems permanent so why would anyone rush to buy it? At least 40+ red hunter hats would be sell-able now but tokens never will be.
At least make fashion event only so it might be worth buying some to save or just scrap tokens all together for seasonal chest obtained fashion again...preferably as sunlit was with a vendor (event only not permanent) and only black and white from chests.
Maybe your server is different, but last time I bought chests, about 6 weeks ago, I had no great problem selling tokens on Balor. Had 10 red fashion tokens among others. Put all common colour tokens in AH start 5k buy 6k and they all went in a week. Only thing I done was to check what was currently for sale and wait until no-one was selling the same before I put that item in AH. It was actually the rarer colour tokens that took longer to sell.
I realise now you've allowed your collection to mount up you will risk flooding the market if you try to sell all at once. But with patience and trickling things through, my own experience would suggest that the tokens would sell for a fair price.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

As someone with 46 red hat tokens and far too many other tokens too I hate tokens for fashion.
I cannot sell those tokens as nobody wants them, I cannot sell to shop as you could with some older fashion, the new fashion seems permanent so why would anyone rush to buy it? At least 40+ red hunter hats would be sell-able now but tokens never will be.
At least make fashion event only so it might be worth buying some to save or just scrap tokens all together for seasonal chest obtained fashion again...preferably as sunlit was with a vendor (event only not permanent) and only black and white from chests.
Well, would you rather have 46 red hat tokens or 46 red hats... If you'd rather have the later, use the tokens to buy the later!
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

I would definitely rather have the hats if, as fashion always was, they weren't permanently available as eventually I would be able to sell them.
Did you not get that from my previous post? Thought I had pretty much said exactly that. The problem...and please listen (read) this time is that the fashion is permanently available so there is no point spending the tokens as the fashion will never be that desirable like older fashion is now. Hence the stockpile of unwanted tokens.

Just to clarify as you seem to be struggling with this , would you rather have 40 tokens or 40 hunter/lanrik tops if you were offered that deal years ago?

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

I would definitely rather have the hats if, as fashion always was, they weren't permanently available as eventually I would be able to sell them.
Did you not get that from my previous post? Thought I had pretty much said exactly that. The problem...and please listen (read) this time is that the fashion is permanently available so there is no point spending the tokens as the fashion will never be that desirable like older fashion is now. Hence the stockpile of unwanted tokens.

Just to clarify as you seem to be struggling with this , would you rather have 40 tokens or 40 hunter/lanrik tops if you were offered that deal years ago?
I doubt this fashion will remain permanent content... or, if it does, future fashions will not. I do believe it a good investment to get a few sets of the current fashions.
Last edited by Regenleif on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Well, before the fashion tokens, you would have 46 red hats instead. So spend them on the store right now, and your fashion token dilemma is solved.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Someone else incapable of reading?

Why would anyone spend multiple tokens on this current fashion? Roadie and sacred watch are still available and as such are practically worthless. The faywind and other ghastly newer fashion is likely to always be available too, any new fashion will most likely coincide with newer chests, battlemounts and pets equalling more chests and therefore more tokens with no desire to buy fashion from these awful vendor as for one it's all pretty ugly and for two is pretty much worthless with no sign of ever becoming more valuable as actual seasonal fashion from chests is.

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

If your unhappy with them, sell them. As I previously said, they are not unsellable. Unless your world is vastly different, with a bit of time and effort you could get 200 - 250k. If you just want rid of them, put them up as a bulk sale for 50k and let someone else put in the work to make a profit.
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

It seems the problem is fashion was a means of making money to non plat buyers by holding and selling later, the current system is much better imo however there does need to be more methods for non plat buyers to get gold, i believe this will occur with future updates, from proffesion type systems.