Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Fashion Changes & Arena Improvements?

*Here goes another long one.*

Browsing the thread concerning the Aeon Chests, I noticed some users suggest new colors to the fashion. I think this would be great! Here's the thing, though: I think any color can eventually get old. I like the black and white fashion, and I can settle for the blue or red ones (any other color on the current fashions usually just doesn't work for me), but I always find myself eventually selling or switching the fashion, solely because the colors are just so plain and unappealing over large periods of time. New colors would add more diversity and choices, yes, but those would likely get old, too. One way to rememdy that, I think, would be to add exotic shading. Instead of a purple set, what if you had a magenta set which gradually faded into a lighter pink, or vice versa? This makes the fashion a little more colorful and uplifting, rather than the boring and gloomy solids.
*Above is an example*

Another possibility to improve fashion could be to add custom colors. For example, if I owned a smuggler's coat, I could bring it to a token vendor and customize it to where the top, white part of all the coats could be made another color of my choice, if I had a color change token. Naturally, this wouldn't work with the smuggler fashion in particular, because that would defeat the purpose of the quest, but for future fashion, I think this would be a cool idea. The way this would work could either be from questing or another new chest; if you use the quest version, you would have to complete the quest and earn a token in exchange. This token would be a of a random color (ex.: If I got a green color token, I could bring that to a token vendor and change one part of one piece of my fashion to the color green). The chest version, of course, would take platinum and give you a random color token, without having to complete a quest. You could also just add these tokens to the event chests, instead of making a new chest for these tokens alone. Though, if you did that, there would be an even smaller chance of getting any rare pieces.

The last option would be to add clan logos to the fashion. This could either be just one particular type of event fashion or an ongoing option to customize all fashion, though that would probably be the more difficult option. For example, if you click on my signature image below, you will be redirected to my clan's website. There, under the gallery section, you'll see my clan logo listed. If I could place that on a piece of fashion with my clan colors (white, blue, and black), it would represent my clan perfectly. Furthermore, if this was a fashion set that all clan member had the option of wearing, we could truly form a proper clan. Again, I can see how using custom images would be very difficult to apply; therefore, if you would choose to use this, I would recommend using set logos as a remedy. Design or find a decent number of default logos and have a player choose from your selection when creating their clan fashion. Then, when one logo is used on each server, respectfully, remove that logo from the options on the server on which it was used, to avoid confusion with two different clans hailing behind the same image on the same server. This way, the selection is limited to what is available rather than what the player wants uploaded. This would also limit the number of clans on each server; an excess amount of clans, especially when some aren't even really used, frankly, just becomes confusing and annoying. And I'm sure all that extra data doesn't help much with server lag (even if it doesn't affect it that significantly, it surely doesn't improve it). Also, with soo many random clans, the whole purpose of the clans is negated. You can't host a proper clan war when you've got twenty clans all in there at once, especially when only a number of players from each clan care to show up.

On that note, if we could use the arena to host proper battles between two clans at a time, with a reward for the entire clan that emerges victorious, you can bet there'll be a lot more use of the area and more players who participate. It's just more fun when its professionally done. Plus, then there'll also be a larger stress on clans, as the arena could be used to show who the strongest clan is; you earn the title of champion by defeating the previous champion. The champion clan could possibly even get a bonus for the entire clan (like everyone has a 10% faster attack speed while the clan holds the title of most powerful).

The clans would have to enter battle with exactly five players on each side to represent the entire clan. This limit on players helps balance the numbers and ensures that the chances of being unavailable for a battle due to offline or inactive members is reduced. Also, if one clan challenges another in battle to move up in rank, the champion clan has no choice but to accept, to refrain from earning the title and keeping it forever by ignoring battle requests (sent by mail with a set date in a format similar to that of duels, without the reject option). If the challenged clan or the challenging clan does not show up with the proper number of players, it is an automatic forfeit and the opposing clan wins by default.

The clans can only do battle once every week, so that the champion can make use of the title for a while and is not forced to answer 200 battle requests each day. This day, the Day of Reckoning, is an open war for new acquiring new ranks. The champions must defend their title against all opponents the entire day. If the champion has already battled a clan, and a the defeated clan wants a rematch, they must wait a week for the next war, but may battle any other available clan that they have not yet faced in the mean time. Only the high-ranked clans are forced to partake in this ritual, if challenged. Any clan that does not hold a rank or is at the very bottom rank does not need to do battle if they do not wish to. They will have no penalty.

Every victory moves a clan up in rank; only a clan at rank 1 can challenge the champion clan, and only two clans can hold the position of rank 1 at a time. Only a rank 2 clan can challenge rank 1 clans, and rank 2 can only have 3 clans at a time, and so on. If a rank 2 clan defeats a rank 1 clan, the challenging clan moves up to rank 1 and the defeated clan moves down to rank 2. If a rank 1 clan challenges the champion clan and loses, they are, bt default, kicked all the way back down to the bottom rank. Each rank gives the clans a different buff. Rank 1 clans may have 5% increased attack speed, while rank 2 clans may have +5 points in the Strength stat, and so on. In addition to the 10% attack speed increase (or whichever buff OTM would choose if this is added), the winning clan would earn five thousand gold for each member every time they earned the champion rank. If they won the rank this week, and managed to defend it the following week, they would have earned a total of ten thousand gold per member from the war days alone. If they won it this week but a new clan took the title the following week, both clans would have earned a total of five thousand gold per member from the war days alone. If the champions lose, they are bumped down to rank 1. If they lose against the new champions the following week (presuming the held rank 1 the previous week, of course), then they are bumped to the lowest rank. No other ranks apart from the champions earn a gold bonus. The champions can choose up to two ally clans, if they want, to share a portion of their buffs with. Any defeated rank 1 clans earn a debuff until the next clan wars day, when the debuff will disappear.

At least, that's the gist of my ideas, anyways. Haha thanks for reading! Hope this wasn't too confusing; if you have any questions or ideas of your own to share, please post them to this thread! Thank you!

Aetheon - 100+ Rogue on Lir
KserRogue - 90+ Rogue on Epona
Hero of Dal Riata since Beltane 2013

"Failure to plan is planning to fail."

"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond you."

Re: Fashion Changes & Arena Improvements?

I didn't exactly read much of that, but I saw something about clan battles, and I have always wanted clan battles besides the arena ones. And clan territory too so you can make your clan logos and and build small castles XD

but this isn't Archeage so I doubt that will happen (in archeage you can build a house and customize it up by adding banners and flags, etc. with your own designs or pictures. )
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

I didn't exactly read much of that, but I saw something about clan battles, and I have always wanted clan battles besides the arena ones. And clan territory too so you can make your clan logos and and build small castles XD

but this isn't Archeage so I doubt that will happen (in archeage you can build a house and customize it up by adding banners and flags, etc. with your own designs or pictures. )
I hadn't thought of the territory idea at all. That would be rad! Granted, though, like you said, it likely wont happen. The amount of data it would take for each clan to have its own base alone is probably already too much to consider adding it :/

My eyesssssssss
According to what I can see in your signature, it would appear that you poked your eye. Are you all right? Is there a doctor here? Anyone? 8-)

I hadn't thought of the territory idea at all. That would be rad! Granted, though, like you said, it likely wont happen. The amount of data it would take for each clan to have its own base alone is probably already too much to consider adding it :/
well they could probably have restrictions, say the clan had to have at least 300 members, or the clan had to have at least 30 200+ players.

Idk, I have just always liked the idea of clan territory and battles, but obviously otm has a lot on their plate right now, so even if this idea had a chance, it wouldn't happen for a very long time.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

I agree arena should be more organized, not fun entering and being jumped by 3 people and one keeps running away when they're targeted, makes me feel like a bolased raid boss and it's not fun!

In other cases I get bolased and rooted
Agent K - 224 Warrior Fingal
The Expendables

Bad things, there's a lot of bad things that they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' they wishin' on
YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCF20KGlAysLg65kgZ6v0-Vw

I agree arena should be more organized, not fun entering and being jumped by 3 people and one keeps running away when they're targeted, makes me feel like a bolased raid boss and it's not fun!

In other cases I get bolased and rooted
I used to experience the same thing every time I entered the arena. Wasn't ever much fun- so I stopped going there. Haha great simile there, though! "Bolased raid boss" is entirely accurate. Thanks for the reply!

Im for both fash and arena ideas, short suggestion, can use the ingame clock in settings as a timer for challenging clans or what-not.
Great idea! I was trying to figure out the best way to implement that sort of thing but nothing came to mind. You nailed it! Thanks for the reply!