Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Aeon Mystery Chest

Guildmaster is still available so eventually it will be more common than black or white sunlit.
Dont underestimate how rare they are lol, I opened 800+ chests recently and didn't even get a single piece.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

How long with these chests be available?

I'm pro - chests even as a collector. Ive spent millions on white hunter ...it's going to look good no matter if it gets temporarily devalued.

It's not like they will be here forever, so the fashion will become rare again over time as old players quit/go inacive and as the new players start playing the game. One of the reasons people seek hunter and lanrik isn't because of its rarity , but because of how it looks. Rarity will again balanace out after they're removed and several months from now people who missed out of these chests will be offering millions again for the pieces.

They have made the decision with the chests so lets move on to more important things that needs fixed. Like broke loot tables...pure drops rates, flawless drop rates...adding new content and getting beta up and running. The game isn't going to survive on rare fashion collections.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

OTM,
This is not a fix! The name changing will not change the value of the rares. If I add aeon white lanrik top to my original rest of set, it only matters that it matches same fashion. You will lower the value of all these rares people like me have spent thousands of chests to buy.

Just make new fashion, mounts exc. So many ideas out there: Give curry his chicken mount. Make flared skirts, make new colors. There are so many options out there besides bringing back old fashion and ruining people's investment. If you can't design it, np, give us a contest! I'll design it free!
You're right! OTM should listen to a minority like you who would never sell their fashion anyway (only for real life currency as the price is stupid) or they introduce these new chests which 90% of the community want and make people happy? Btw if you opened thousands of chests you will be fine off gold and items wise so don't worry :)
Hi

People value fashion because of how it looks. Not because of the description.
No, if that were true Witch Hunter and Lanrik would have been highly desired on the events they were released on.
Because there was a large quantities available then. Obviously when people stop selling it prices will go up easily. Only reason ppl value old fash as much as they do now is because of how it looks. Simple adding an *aeon* tag to the description isn't going to help keep its value
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

This makes me disappointed in the player base, i've been playing since 2011 and i'm happy to watch player feedback and critisim on important issues, i'd never complain about the people blatantly bashing them over important issues because they deserve it. Never have i seen so many people whine and endgame players at that whine about fashion, man if you people are playing for the fashion go play a different game, would you rather have your valuable fashion or would you rather OTM makes some big money which this will do and reinvest it in this game to make it more enjoyable and bring out some new raids while fixing all the current issues, this game cant even expand because its such a bottleneck for new players, 40 endgame players is all a server can (not sufficiently) gear with raid loot, this just makes players outside of that 40 quit. Let them profit from fashion and give them feedback on important issues so they can reinvest their earning into the company and grow in a direction all players will enjoy. Legit this is getting more complaints then the terrible lag that was costing us all. More complaints then the terrible lock system etc....

On a side note look up OTM's job vacancies, looks like they are hiring programers to help design a MMO for the asian market...... would explain why they are holding 800,000 pounds in idle funds instead of investing it in ch, they could be waiting to spend that on their new project. Complain about that.....

OTM,
This is not a fix! The name changing will not change the value of the rares. If I add aeon white lanrik top to my original rest of set, it only matters that it matches same fashion. You will lower the value of all these rares people like me have spent thousands of chests to buy.

Just make new fashion, mounts exc. So many ideas out there: Give curry his chicken mount. Make flared skirts, make new colors. There are so many options out there besides bringing back old fashion and ruining people's investment. If you can't design it, np, give us a contest! I'll design it free!
You're right! OTM should listen to a minority like you who would never sell their fashion anyway (only for real life currency as the price is stupid) or they introduce these new chests which 90% of the community want and make people happy? Btw if you opened thousands of chests you will be fine off gold and items wise so don't worry :)
Players just want some chests with good looking fashion and mounts and so the lix market is flowing again. Players don't care if it's hunter or space Bob fashion as long as it looks good. I'm more excited about thr upcoming samurai looking fashion than any hunter or frost guard fashion. The problem with the chests is now everything is tokens which takes the excitement out of opening chests.

I'd love it if otm would just let everyone have what they wanted from old fashion. I bet you'd have hundreds suddenly wearing white and black hunter and then complaining everyone looks thr same.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Surely you must have realised by now, from all previous posts, that any intelligent reasoning on the revival chests will be routinely ignored and all tired old arguments on why they should be scrapped forever constantly repeated. Don't you realise that intelligent reasoning isn't the way to win a debate, only ignoring all other points and continuing to say your opinion over and over is the way to do it in the modern world. ;)
clanless in a clan filled world
- and happy to be so

Btw the black and white sunlit fashion has been always been able to be bought from a merchant. He's in highshore village now sells different color pieces that are replaced after being purchased just like the pirate fashion vendor. You can get it easy enough hehe
That my friend is false. It is not possible to get white or black sun from vendors. Muldar if I’m wrong but I’m pretty confident also @Muldar how long will these be out a limited time vs permanent has a very different effect on economy and it would also be good to know. Thx
I'll check it out either way, just in case. But hey, I've got to ask; your signature shows a .gif with one of the old skeleton charms on the older graphics update. I haven't seen one of those in forever! (And I miss them cause they were actually sort of dope). Is the person in that image you?? And if so, do you still have that charm? That would make you the first person I've seen so far who still owns a charm from any of the original three charm vendors. That's awesome! :)

Yea I love my charms and it is me if you look in the corner it says gwydion mage as the fire is coming and going. As to not derail the thread I’ll just kindly ask that muldar looks at my previous question cause another person wanted to know as well
Magister22-fire Mage
Go Gwyd!

That my friend is false. It is not possible to get white or black sun from vendors. Muldar if I’m wrong but I’m pretty confident also @Muldar how long will these be out a limited time vs permanent has a very different effect on economy and it would also be good to know. Thx
I'll check it out either way, just in case. But hey, I've got to ask; your signature shows a .gif with one of the old skeleton charms on the older graphics update. I haven't seen one of those in forever! (And I miss them cause they were actually sort of dope). Is the person in that image you?? And if so, do you still have that charm? That would make you the first person I've seen so far who still owns a charm from any of the original three charm vendors. That's awesome! :)

Yea I love my charms and it is me if you look in the corner it says gwydion mage as the fire is coming and going. As to not derail the thread I’ll just kindly ask that muldar looks at my previous question cause another person wanted to know as well
I'm pretty sure I've bought a white sunlit off the vendor. The only difference between the chest ones and the ones he sells are that the chest piece tops have the male or female restriction where the ones sold from the vendor change based on if a male or a female is equipping it. I've got lots of the white and black tops from the event chests and a couple that don't have the restrictions that were bought off the vendor
IGN-Whiteyes 231Ranger, g0lden 220 Warrior, The Doctor 213 Druid
Clan- Novalis
World-Mabon

I think adding the "Aeon" tag to the items is a great idea. Although they may look the same, this differentiates from the old, collectors edition and the new edition. Similiar to the way the Heroic Amulet of Rejuvenation was altered; the name I just used was that which was used prior to the update. Now it has a new name and a slight change- that being that you need to be a certain level to equip it. Even though there is an actual change in the stats of the gear, (personally) I feel it is not enough to make a difference. What makes me desire the Heroic Amulet over the new version is simply that; the name. Having ownership over one of the older versions is kind of like a tag that says "I played since the time that this was available." That's all collecting is, really. Having the rarest gear available.

As a collector, if OTM had decided to label red as the rarest color, the collectors of the game, naturally, would have spent the most gold to purchase the red gear. They wouldn't care that the color looked average, they would just want equipment that shows they have the most experience and the best collection. Thus, adding the Aeon tag shows the gear is a new version, one that is not as rare as an original piece, because the original pieces are no longer obtainable, no matter how you look at it. For me, that's all the reason I need to choose to collect anything other than an Aeon piece.

That being said, putting myself in the viewpoint of others, I understand completely how these chests can be upsetting. From this side of the arguement, these chests are seen as an insult to the original players. Those that have been loyal to the company for a long time feel attacked to see that the very things that show their experience is no longer proof of it. As a player since Beltane 2013, I would give anything of mine right now just to get a black or white sunlit fashion set. Why? Because those pieces were only available during that particular event, and as such would show that I have been playing since then. It differentiates the old from the new players. This may seem like a trivial matter, but for some, especially those that have been loyal to the game for a number of years now and have spent a significant amount of time and cash on the game, it is very important. Why should the new players be looked upon the same way that the old players are? The older players earned their place over the years. The new ones only just got here, and already they're somehow considered to be just as experienced as the old ones? It's a matter of fairness, honestly. Life isn't fair, and we just have to get over it, because it can't be helped. But when it can be helped, like in this game, it aggravates some to see that instead of keeping it fair (which, may I add, is kind of the point of the game- for example, PvP is designed to be fair, and for very obvious reasons), the developers are off-balancing the scales.

The newer players will earn their place as experienced players eventually, and their gear from the new events will eventually be considered old and rare. But they need to wait for that time to come, just like the older players had to. The game was created in 2011. There are still some players from 2011 left. I joined 2013. At that point, all I wanted was a broom- an older piece of gear. So I know how the new guys feel. But they've got to try and understand, as I came to realize, that they've also got to work their way there. Now its 2017, and I'm considered an experienced player. The only thing I could use to show as proof of my experience is old gear; there isn't any other way to prove it. So to throw the new guys old gear that they didn't have to earn like we did is kind of a slap in the face.

Just let them gather new gear and showboat it when it becomes considered old, like we had to, but release new gear in the updates at a more moderate pace, like you used to. That's what would be the best solution. You could even have the players submit their own art with update ideas if you needed to, and then modify those ideas to adapt to the game itself. That way they could get their gear on time and in a form of their own satisfaction (because if we're honest, stuff like that highlander fashion was kind of a let down. It was way too plain and basic and the update could have been three times better if just a few modifications had been made to the fashion). I, again personally, could care less, because OTM added the Aeon tag and because those chests contain a ton of gear all in one; so it would be difficult to use them to make a full set anyways, but I also stand from the same side of things as some of the older players and can see why they're upset. You could just offer it to Nuada, yes, but that would still defeat the purpose of originality for some. Not to mention, if OTM releases an update with server transferring on the future, like they planned to, then that Nuada gear may be carried over to the other servers.

Thus, my overall opinion would just be to let it go. Get rid of these chests and offer new events. Each update doesn't have to contain some major game improvement, but if we could just get consistent updates with new fashion and mounts alone, how it was before, while major updates were worked on at a slower pace in the background, I believe that would satisfy the needs of both sides. However, if it really is that large of a deal (as this entire topic suggests based on the controversial and continuous replies), then let the new players have their Aeon chests, just (to the old players in-game) don't purchase any of that Aeon gear unless it's at a large discount. That would be the fair price to pay for the original rarity. That's my opinion and solution, anyways. :geek:

Side note: Yes, when I used "you" I was referring to OTM at some points (and at some others I wasn't). I alternated between speaking directly to them and only mentioning them often just because it gets old to hear the same term repeated a ton in such a large post. Sorry if it confused anyone!
+1 BRING BACK EVENTS ! for the love of God, everything has just gone downhill since they rid of events.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me