Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Massive Multiplayer Online

So I just had a thought. People are always saying that Celtic Heroes doesn't count as a "massive" multiplayer online because there isn't a massive amount of players. So I thought: "maybe it stands for Mobile Multiplayer Online" is that an actual name? Because it works lol.
It is within you to succeed
My character Souleste was named after myself -

- my middle name is Celeste, so Souleste seems fitting...
Ice all on me

Re: Massive Multiplayer Online

Mmo stands for massive multiplayer online.

CH does indeed count as an mmo because the number of active players is more than the majority of active players will ever get to see, basically active players will always have new active players to meet.

A normal MO (multiplayer online) is a game where the average active player can generally meet every active player in the game. This title is usually given to new or dying MMO games, and CH does not fall under either of those categories. One can make the statement that CH Beta is a MO game.

Contrary to what people may believe CH is not dying and is still pulling in new players who stay active and spend money.

Even if players are leaving the game steadily (this slowed down exponentially recently), the influx of new players is greater than the loss of leaving players, generally meaning the game is thriving.

So yes, CH is an MMO.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Yes, but OTM is losing loyal platinum buyers. If the new players bought plat, then there wouldnt be a shortage of plat items. It's painfully obvious that some servers are experiencing this.
The problem isn't plat buyers leaving, it's plat buyers lacking incentive to buy plat. We need to have mounts and fash and heroic elixir bundles in chests, not fash tokens, mount tokens, and pet tokens, although I believe pet and mount tokens should stay, the original mounts with the basic stick and speed are what players want. That bundled with actual fashion not purchasable with items from the last chest would make chests actually bought, resulting in the plat drought to end.

Also would not mind if fully cosmetic pets like a dragon with no stats were added... maybe instead if there were pet clothes in chests this could work.

Also if special bardings were added, i.e. Normal bardings that gave off a pumpkin effect for Samhain were added in the Samhain chests with the normal 10-point rarity system of red->white
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

Loco has it right for some. My last plat purchase was double plat black Friday 2015. And it wasn't until the revival chests I had even used the plat I bought back then, so a year and a half later or so. There's a number of us that used to purchase plat monthly but the game currently doesn't offer an incentive to purchase plat... There's just nothing I really needed or wanted. I'm still holding onto 128 battle mount tokens waiting for a decent caster mount.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Yes, but OTM is losing loyal platinum buyers. If the new players bought plat, then there wouldnt be a shortage of plat items. It's painfully obvious that some servers are experiencing this.
#BringBackRevivalChests

The original version, not the watered down version Otm will probably release
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge