Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Unannaounced networking changes

One of the things that changed is when you are logged in one one device, you can no longer login the same toon on another device.
It used to be that you will be disconnected on current device and connected to the new device. Not anymore.

I think it's a good change. But I wonder if its intentional or not. if its intentional, then it shouldnt have been kept secret.

I also wonder what other networking changes have been done, Im sure there are plenty and theyre causing havoc in the login process.
One such example is that I now have to tap on the "Touch Screen To Play" screen or the Continue button at least 5-10x before It starts connecting.
Last edited by Aileron on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Unannaounced networking changes

One of the things that changed is when you are logged in one one device, you can no longer login the same toon on another device.
It used to be that you will be disconnected on current device and connected to the new device. Not anymore.

I think it's a good change. But I wonder if its intentional or not. if its intentional, then it shouldnt have been kept secret.

I also wonder what other networking changes have been done, Im sure there are plenty and theyre causing havoc in the login process.
I hate you for the quote you put. "There are two types of people. Those who need closure."

I hate you for the quote you put. "There are two types of people. Those who need closure."
Don't derail the thread.

I think it's a bad change and I'd like to see it reverted if possible. Reason being is that when I'm logged in on my ipad and dual lixing it takes forever to log out when a boss is due and I need to log main; so I log in on my phone to disconnect it from the ipad - helps me a lot when on a time restraint like uno or troll.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Don't derail the thread.

I think it's a bad change and I'd like to see it reverted if possible. Reason being is that when I'm logged in on my ipad and dual lixing it takes forever to log out when a boss is due and I need to log main; so I log in on my phone to disconnect it from the ipad - helps me a lot when on a time restraint like uno or troll.
There are pros and cons. But theres a couple of instances I accidentally logged in my toon on another device while tanking, especially when you keep your user credentials saved (who doesnt?). i think its more beneficial keeping current connection intact.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.