Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

If OTM is considering feedback, then as one who would be competing against Blue for Proteus and Gelebron I do not think it would be fair to return her to 230. I think her full DG set and weapon that she has had equipped for nearly a year now is enough advantage against a non DG toon. Games are linear for a reason, and she's reached the current content end. I'd like that opportunity too and am happy to work for it within the same constraints she and the rest of Avalon had. Level lock and it's mechanics existed before Gelebron and Proteus, and was no surprise.

Aeslyn
Havoc

Re: Issues with the Level Lock Penalty for Proteus and Gelebron for End Game Players

If OTM is considering feedback, then as one who would be competing against Blue for Proteus and Gelebron I do not think it would be fair to return her to 230. I think her full DG set and weapon that she has had equipped for nearly a year now is enough advantage against a non DG toon. Games are linear for a reason, and she's reached the current content end. I'd like that opportunity too and am happy to work for it within the same constraints she and the rest of Avalon had. Level lock and it's mechanics existed before Gelebron and Proteus, and was no surprise.

Aeslyn
Havoc
10 levels over boss before penalty is new. It used to be 20 levels and I've been over 230 for a couple years by doing bounties since level 225. I and many others should not be punished for being over 230 when it's bounties that are throwing us over. I can see you supporting anything that will help your clan but this issue isn't personal Aes. My imperial bow is not better then an EDL bow on chaos bosses. Please look at this objectively, not as someone who is opposing Avalon. It is not fair for those of us who went over 230 to have to start new in order to compete sometime in the future. We shouldn't be forced not to do bounties. Something needs to change.

Prot and gele are level 220, I'm 233. End game player killing end game bosses. The level gap for lock penalty is too low.

I assure you old friend that I do not disagree with your request out of blind opposition. This stupid game we play on our phones has many issues to sort out. I disagree with your request because you are asking for an advantage through a reduction in level for content that you and many of your clan have in all aspects of the word mastered. Sure I want to help Havoc, but as a player who has played for 5 years as well I'd like to reach the finish line for the highest armor set too. Why should I play against rejuvenated groups with prime level lock who already have that end game content? Just as you've asked me to keep an open mind, i'd ask you to remember your armor came unopposed and not fighting fully geared Avalon at every spawn. Please appreciate my position as well.

With that being said, I do hope that OTM designs gives you more content worthy of your level with new exciting quests and items.

Aeslyn
Havoc

This post is not about clans. This post is about the system of penalizing players for simply playing the game as designed - simply doing bounties regularly may level your toon, so while you are attempting to obtain tokens for pets/mounts (and improve your toon as every other player is entitled to) you derail your own ability to lock an alleged endgame boss. With such a system in place, there probably should have been a hard level stop. With all respect, this isn't about giving anyone any advantage. This is about not shooting your self in the foot because of poor design. What gear you have has nothing to do with it.

My current stance is that I just think they should change the lock to the max level for end game. If its an end game boss the end game levels should be able to have an equal advantage.

But as i do not have a 200+ i do not have enough personal experience to see how this affects the players who go through it every day weeks months or years.
Thanks for Cross Platform OTM!

It isn't about clans, you're correct. It's about collecting feedback to determine whether OTM should grant Blue's request or not. I've provided my feedback as to why I (Or a player in my position) would think that request is unfair. Ultimately though, this is about advantage. Otherwise there would be no reason to make the request...especially when you already possess the end result. Rolling back a players level at end game is only about increasing the players chance at lock.

Bounties aren't mandatory. I've purposefully avoided leveling to stay within prime levels. I knew as everyone did about level lock. Maybe 10 levels was a surprise but leveling beyond 230 was at your own risk in anticipation for new content. My personal opinion with all respect is you leveled because you had already achieved your DG set. Unfortunately that next level of content isn't here yet.

Edit: I also disagree because if Blue obtained tokens to improve her pet and mount with bounties she is keeping those improvements from approximately 3 levels worth of bounty XP. Of course I don't know what Blue got if anything, but it's another aspect to consider.

Aeslyn
Havoc