Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Inventory Custom Filter

Does anyone find it useful at all? I wonder what went into the decision of putting Custom Filter to replace inventory search.
It's very limited and pointless, unless I'm missing something.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Inventory Custom Filter

I was thinking the exact same. I don't use it at all but here's what I think it's for;

I have an iPad mini that barely runs CH. When I turn the graphics down completely and really minimalize the game my inventory doesn't have an "all" section so I'm assuming that's down to the settings and not a glitch of my account - so I can only view tabs of "other", "jewelary", etc. I'm guessing the "custom" is for people who may have graphics all the way down but want to see both jewelary and armour at the same time?

That's the only real use I see for it. I could be wrong...
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

They really need to fix the search in trade option, but I think the class filter is an awesome addition when sorting through banks. I did notice that class sorting doesn't work for Hrung gear (except skulls), ane Proteus rings. I was on the main bank that clan mails drops to and trying to sort to the class specific banks and realized I had to re log all of them for Hrung and Proteus, it's because those drops doesn't specifically have a class requiement listed on them, so that was really frustrating.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

I kinda use it to find my different fash pieces because I my fash Inventorys flooded .__.
Need a chicken filter for all your chickens, right?

I personally have no strong opinion on this feature, though I do accidentally press the wrong thing sometimes at my own fault (ie. fishing and fashion). I don't think a search option is really that necessary; it's easy enough to find what you're looking for. You could easily find what you're looking for in the time it takes you to type an item's name. Better organization within "others" would be far more useful in my opinion, especially when looking for drops to sell that have accumulated from all over CH.
SirBlaze333 - 220+ Warrior
(Returning Player)

Old devices no longer have the all option, for some reason a 1Ghz processor and 512mb ram can't seem to manage a list of more than 500 items without serious lag or a major software failure

+1 to fixing the trade filter, it being broken is terrible and ruins trading between toons.

The custom filter is extremely useful. I have up to 6000 items on a single toon in ch, many have 600+. being able to sort by class or slot is invaluable. This really needs to be expanded, not removed.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I kinda use it to find my different fash pieces because I my fash Inventorys flooded .__.
Need a chicken filter for all your chickens, right?

I personally have no strong opinion on this feature, though I do accidentally press the wrong thing sometimes at my own fault (ie. fishing and fashion). I don't think a search option is really that necessary; it's easy enough to find what you're looking for. You could easily find what you're looking for in the time it takes you to type an item's name. Better organization within "others" would be far more useful in my opinion, especially when looking for drops to sell that have accumulated from all over CH.
Search is definitely easier for people who have to handle boos loot in trades. Logging the bank for someone who asks for a specific drop and then having to spend 5 minutes clicking through all the braces or rings that look exactly the same to find the one with the correct stats is very time consuming vs typing "Treachery" or "Mighty Precision."
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

Has OTM even acknowledged that the search being broken is a bug?
I think it was taken away in lieu of the custom filter. How can you break search if it wasn't intentionally removed?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Has OTM even acknowledged that the search being broken is a bug?
I think it was taken away in lieu of the custom filter. How can you break search if it wasn't intentionally removed?
Search during player-player trades was broken for months before the battle mount update. In fact, during the history of the search function, it's been broken/bugged 60%+ of the time.

Custom filter is available in every inventory menu, it's not limited to trade.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|