Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Auction house and server inflation

I can compare fingal and donn. I haven't looked at balor much. So before auction house on fingal, most lix were 500 gold to 1k each, xps were 3-4k, hastes were 3k, restos 200 gold each, combos were 8-10k each. After auction house, these lix are still the same price.

On Donn before auction house, prices for the same lix were the same as they are on fingal. After auction house, they have gone up 2-3 times the amount. Xps are running 6-8k, combos 15-20k, hastes 4-6k, restos 500-1000 gold each, and the other lix 2-3k each. Auction house has made it terrible for those that have to farm gold to buy lix. It's a win for plat buyers for sure here. Now ive been a plat buyer since i started lixing so haven't had to worry about farming in game. But I feel bad for those that do.

How has the auction house impacted your server as far as plat items?
What's the intention of your post? Secretly wanting OTM to remove the auction house because you can't afford the plat items anymore? The auction house isn't the reason prices went up, the reason are the people who're willing to pay more. If none buys them expensive then the prices won't go up. You do realize that the prices would be the same still even without it though?
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

I can compare fingal and donn. I haven't looked at balor much. So before auction house on fingal, most lix were 500 gold to 1k each, xps were 3-4k, hastes were 3k, restos 200 gold each, combos were 8-10k each. After auction house, these lix are still the same price.

On Donn before auction house, prices for the same lix were the same as they are on fingal. After auction house, they have gone up 2-3 times the amount. Xps are running 6-8k, combos 15-20k, hastes 4-6k, restos 500-1000 gold each, and the other lix 2-3k each. Auction house has made it terrible for those that have to farm gold to buy lix. It's a win for plat buyers for sure here. Now ive been a plat buyer since i started lixing so haven't had to worry about farming in game. But I feel bad for those that do.

What's the intention of your post? Secretly wanting OTM to remove the auction house because you can't afford the plat items anymore? The auction house isn't the reason prices went up, the reason are the people who're willing to pay more. If none buys them expensive then the prices won't go up. You do realize that the prices would be the same still even without it though?
I'm wondering if you asked anyone else this or you're just singling out all my posts. I'm glad to see you like reading my posts so much. We should do lunch sometime. And, no, there's no way to prove prices would have gone up without the auction house as they went up directly after auction house was implemented and previously prices had remained near constantly the same for 2 years with only a slight inflation and sometimes a slight reduction but never a huge sudden spike.

As far as what was the purpose of my post? I think it was pretty plainly written which was to ask others how auction house had impacted their server. I'm not sure how else I could have typed it out to make it more clear. I actually like the auction house as it enabled me to get enough tokens for 2 battle mounts and finish out my spider pet for my rogue in a very short amount of time without having to shout in castle or use an out of game auction chat app.

I love the insults of not being able to afford plat. My finances are fine. I have an abundance of plat items, which is the reason it's been nice not having to buy plat. If you'd like to come visit me on donn or fingal I'd be happy to show you my plat resources.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I'm wondering if you asked anyone else this or you're just singling out all my posts. I'm glad to see you like reading my posts so much. We should do lunch sometime. And, no, there's no way to prove prices would have gone up without the auction house as they went up directly after auction house was implemented and previously prices had remained near constantly the same for 2 years with only a slight inflation and sometimes a slight reduction but never a huge sudden spike.

As far as what was the purpose of my post? I think it was pretty plainly written which was to ask others how auction house had impacted their server. I'm not sure how else I could have typed it out to make it more clear. I actually like the auction house as it enabled me to get enough tokens for 2 battle mounts and finish out my spider pet for my rogue in a very short amount of time without having to shout in castle or use an out of game auction chat app.

I love the insults of not being able to afford plat. My finances are fine. I have an abundance of plat items, which is the reason it's been nice not having to buy plat. If you'd like to come visit me on donn or fingal I'd be happy to show you my plat resources.
That's why I said "secretly". What's the point of asking about how people think auction house influenced platinum prices? What does that get you? Serious question. This is a completely useless topic.
Sulis / Toxic
Sicario, 227 rogue
MF, 226 mage
Zot, 221 ranger
They call me the raid boss slayer.
What's a D3stiny?

That's why I said "secretly". What's the point of asking about how people think auction house influenced platinum prices? What does that get you? Serious question. This is a completely useless topic.
Oh my gosh. You're right. I'm so glad you're as smart as you are to help us determine what is useless and what isn't on a discussion forum. I'll try and uphold to your standards from now on and post things similar to what you would post - complaints, negativity, and cynicism.

I do appreciate you being the guiding light of proper forum posting. I look forward to your next replies to my posts :)
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Take it to PM if you want to keep this going.

Zyz is well within his rights to ask how the Auction House is affecting servers, in fact this has been an interesting read for the team.

I can see no way in which his post can be interpreted as against the Auction House, he is merely stating an interest in the adjusting economy.

Let's get back on topic.

Wow, MF is trolling pretty hard here, and apparently he's a conspiracy theorist..

As far as inflation on the server goes, I agree that everything has gone up. I also find that people don't want to buy either, and seem to expect lux sets, etc. to be cheap as hell. It would be nice if we could come up with a standard price list that could be used across servers but that will never happen with how greedy some people are. Players that cannot afford to spend platinum and have to farm for gold are going to have a very hard time, and that really is unfortunate.
~Death Dealer~
Level 225 Ranger
Clan Concordiia
Donn Server

if we got to troll along conspiracy theories id say the reason we didn't get the auction house for that long is to prevent players from generating gold fast !! ZOMG THE ILLUMINATII ARE BACK!

honestly it's a small loss for OTM as the primary source of gaining gold fast for most was through chest sales ( which has lost its lustre due to all the random repetitive crap being thrown in there) .

I have made over 2mil just in item sales in less than a week. things that have been sitting in my bank for 2 years....I had to do some dusting and remove the cowebs from some items but none had lost their appeal.

I have seen my items sell for prices I would never have imagined. like 500% more of what I used to sell. It shows there's a real demand and how players want to get geared With the best stuff and ready to pay the price. I would stand for hours each day a week shouting to sell that same item cheaper and nobody cared.
Why ? cause most of the time they had Zero idea what I was shouting about and what the item was like and so on.

AH also groomed me into a better merchant and to adjust my prices .
cause when u are nab and too nice u sell an item 1k cause u think it's FAIR. . then u see your fellow clanmate is reselling that same item just as easily for 40k. next time you want to sell, u throw FAIR in the garbage can and become a SHARK .

AH full of crows all day hovering there to buy items low price and resell fat price. And it works!
Because there's always a Fat Rich man out there to buy 'rare ' stuff.

happy merching!

I beg to differ on Donn. Xps are solidly 5k each, combos still 10-12k, hastes have indeed gotten insane, 3k each is a good buy. Normally 4k as i see it. All other lix still 1k or less. No one cares about other lix still. Restos can be gotten for 300-400 each. Not quite as much in my experience every day on Donn; and, prices are lower if you can wait and watch.
in fact this has been an interesting read for the team.

Let's get back on topic.
I'm glad to read that because I have something related to bring up. With the auction house, prices for many items have gone way up, including the more difficult quest drops. As a result, at least on Donn, there are several players who farm the rarest and most valuable to lower levels, dragon discs & mind tabs, quite frequently. Anyone who has tried to farm these a little for their own clan newbs knows which players i mean. Search for those items in the auction house, and you'll see who has several listed. And they sell. 50k each as I see it.

I bring this up because it appears that these ate harder to get than before. Supply is steady while demand has gone up, i would say significantly.

One more thing. At first, there were misc slot items in plethora innthe auction house. The supply appears to have dwindled, as I expected and have mentioned here before. Most of today is the first day I have seen just one or none listed. Events are not a steady enough supply.

Thoughts from all you server and clan stewards?
How many hats?

Server: Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Toons
Aoifa Strongbow-Mage-220
Naughty Vines-Druid-195l
Geriatric Ninja-Rogue-140

Morrigan lixes all seem to be selling at the same rate as before except for hastes. They've gone from 3k to 5k when the auction house was implemented. I wonder though, if it isn't the auction house driving up haste prices as much as it's the drop in chest buying. I know I've stopped buying plat as much simply because of the lack of mounts and exclusive fashion. Fewer chests make a lower supply of hastes which drives the price up... classic economics.

I've seen some rare and old fashion go for a pretty penny last couple weeks but it's evened out now. Some people are still trying to gouge though; there's an orange lanrik hat with a buyout at 250k right now. Who knows though? Someone might buy it!

I'm going to predict that prices will drop on everything soon. We have some pretty heavy gold sinks now so our gold value is sure to go up.