Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server Boss Timers

What do you all think about in game Server Boss Timers?

Yes it would remove the advantage of camping bosses to have an advantage to get the lock first..
But in all honesty those that are serious about CH already do this. What if there was a tab to see which raid and quest armour bosses where due soon?

I don't know about the rest of you but I have been camping bosses for the last 3 years... I still enjoy killing bosses but not camping them. There are other Aspects of CH I would rather be enjoying than waiting at a boss to either regain Times or wait for the spawn.

Also there is a steep learning curve for new CH players to learn boss windows, which can be pretty discouraging for the new player.

Re: Server Boss Timers

This would be terrible on worlds where there is competition because if one clan has the timer and the other one does not then the clan without the timer could just get it for doing nothing.
Gwydion
Knightime - warrior
FieryRage - fire mage
DarkImmortal - rogue
BowDown - archer
Pureness - druid
SpellCrazy - ice mage

Terrible idea....just terrible. If you don't want to put in the work for the boss then you don't deserve it anyway.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Terrible idea....just terrible. If you don't want to put in the work for the boss then you don't deserve it anyway.
Work? I thought this was a game? Like you know NOT work ;)

As I said I have been camping bosses for over 3 years now. With +3000hrs in game on just one of my accounts.

Servers with competition on bosses... what Servers don't have competition on bosses? Having to have the timer of the last kill is is kinda what burns out most endgame CH clans leaderships. It puts a huge burden on a few for the chance that other clan mates can carry the torch on timing bosses when you have to log off. Not to mention when the rival clan just leys to each area to see who is there and camping what with little effort they can benefit from your hard work... and they do.

I assure you half of that 3000 hrs would be camping bosses. I dunno about you but I'd have liked to be doing any number of other things in game than sitting there waiting for hrs for a boss to spawn. I could have farmed, levelled an alt or two, helped some more new players climb the ropes. Etc.
nowadays with newer additions to the game bounties, fishing n what not there are only more not less things I'd rather be doing.

My first reaction to this thread was complete and utter panic. Then I stopped and thought about it for a minute.

I am one of those that does need to camp bosses to get timers for the rest of our clan. And we are still doing Frozen bosses, so the largest wait there is just 3 hours and I'm sure doesn't even begin to compare with higher level bosses. I do see other clans following us around from boss to boss on a daily basis. They port to the ley with you then wait to see where you're going next. So, all that work trying to get those timers early in the day (while I'm at work) to get the upper hand later in the evening (when whole clan is on) is all for nothing. We still end up with a lock battle for most bosses most of the time. Some we win, some we lose.

If there were in-game timers, it really wouldn't change the fact that my server is super competitive and everything's a fight. It would just make it so much easier on those of us that camp these bosses.....for nothing sometimes. Lock battles will happen regardless so yes, just tell us when the bosses are spawning and let the pile up begin.

My first reaction to this thread was complete and utter panic. Then I stopped and thought about it for a minute.

I am one of those that does need to camp bosses to get timers for the rest of our clan. And we are still doing Frozen bosses, so the largest wait there is just 3 hours and I'm sure doesn't even begin to compare with higher level bosses. I do see other clans following us around from boss to boss on a daily basis. They port to the ley with you then wait to see where you're going next. So, all that work trying to get those timers early in the day (while I'm at work) to get the upper hand later in the evening (when whole clan is on) is all for nothing. We still end up with a lock battle for most bosses most of the time. Some we win, some we lose.

If there were in-game timers, it really wouldn't change the fact that my server is super competitive and everything's a fight. It would just make it so much easier on those of us that camp these bosses.....for nothing sometimes. Lock battles will happen regardless so yes, just tell us when the bosses are spawning and let the pile up begin.
actually, frozen bosses are longer than any other timers. The longest dl timer is 1:50 hours and the longest edl is 2:15 hours. The frozen timers are just completely stupid and need to be changed cause a level 130 armour boss should never have a longer timer than a level 215 armour boss.

Yes sometimes people will follow you around to see where you are going but that does not happen on all servers. On my server, arawn it never happens. Personally i am against this idea as my clan works very hard to keep our bosses timed and killed around the clock. The only way i would be for this is if it reduces the amount of camping that needs to be done. But i dont see how this could lower that amount. We would still need to arive there 5 mins early and set up lock groups up etc which is exactly what already happens so it wont really change anything imo
Arawn
Ventius - level 227 ranger of dawn
Epona
Ventius - level 222 noob ranger of Enigma
Belenus
Ventius - level 163 druid

RIP badabing

Your newest blue name who has dreams to one day be purple