Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Does CH teach a valuable lesson?

This is my original reply to the "Pay to Lose" post but realized I was off topic.

I believe that there is no such thing as paying to "win" or "lose." Buying platinum is the individual players choice to expand their own gaming experience. Whether you are "winning" or "losing" is based on the choices you make. I believe that when one decides to purchase platinum they are simply paying to have more fun. Though the game is fun enough on its own. A new game for the console platform is roughly $60. Buy two new games for PC, PS4, etc. and you have spent well over $100. The only game that I play is Celtic Heroes so spending $100 on it occasionally doesn't seem shocking or overpriced to me. It seems quite reasonable given that it has provided me entertainment for the past 5 years.

Games of all platforms are typically not completely free. Young players are free to download and play Celtic Heroes but might not realize that they are learning a valuable life lesson through this game. You must work and or pay for the things in life you desire. Nothing worth having is free or easy.

I would like to know if others agree or disagree. Am I wrong? What are your thoughts?
Last edited by BazettaWraith on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Does CH teach a valuable lesson?

If you play ch quite a bit, as in over 10hours a week, and you have been playing for months or years without buying plat - one would hope some amount of guilt kicks in and you buy plat to support OTM. I picked this game over others specifically because it was about the only good game that didn't pretty much require buying lots of in game currency or items.

I've bought 3 times in 4+ years, totaling about 200 usd or so now. Compared to what I farm and raid the plat isn't even 1% of my in game wealth. I'll probably buy more next double plat event, not because I need it, but because it helps keep the game going and pays for more development.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Up to the person to dish out as much as they want on the game, but the game is still pay to win as long as there are pets/combat mounts like those that can only be upgraded through ridiculous amount, which are only really obtainable through platinum.

Here I'll give you an example:

James has a lot of money to spend, he buys a tier 6 spider using all of his money along with the latest upgraded mount, do you think John has a chance with his low lvl pet? Or the fact that James can get to Mordris as fast as John but still have quiver skill ready to win lock, effectively winning through platinum.

This is really a paradox because for us to enjoy the game we need people like James to spend a lot of money, because time and again we keep forgetting that there are actual people producing this game.
Wattzon of Sulis

but the game is still pay to win as long as there are pets/combat mounts
No those are pretty easy to get if you do bounties. Lixs are the problem
Yes it's easy to save for battlemounts if you do bounties. Problem with lixs varies from world to world. On lugh I have had no problems with acquiring lixs
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Yes it's easy to save for battlemounts if you do bounties. Problem with lixs varies from world to world. On lugh I have had no problems with acquiring lixs
Also the fact that whistles cost plat
Wattzon of Sulis

Have you done the math on how many tokens you need to get a max pet? How long it will take?
Yeah sometimes you get lucky and get a green and purple token. Doesn't take away the fact that it will still take many, many months to max a pet and a mount from bounties alone.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.