Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Game Dying?

This is why I about a month ago I suggested that OTM start work on CH2. They screwed this game up so much for so long that it will never see population increases again EVER, those days are looong gone. What they need is a fresh start, a do-over. If they ever make a CH2 they need to get it right from day one. I know alot of people put alot of time and money into this game myself included so if a CH2 ever becomes a reality I think the long time supporters of the original CH should get some form of carry over.

I think after 5 years OTM should have learned from their mistakes well enough to not repeat them again in CH2. I firmly believe if they gave themselves ( and us ) a new beginning that we would see more active players than the original ever had at its height of peak activity. But alas, all of this depends on them "doing it right" and after their attempts at introducing fishing, a mounted combat system, etc recently I'm not exactly full of faith in OTM at the moment.

Hmm, I would'nt suggest players to start from the beginning. I mean yes we can have a CH2 or someever, but you cannot make the time and money we spend on CH1 turns vain. At least make the character transfer or some kind of that. I know it's motivate old or new players to play CH more but, You can't just force them to play anew again how would it be fun?
I hope that one day, I will be able to ascend to "Heaven".
Where I play guitar and violin along with sipping a tea.
In a beautiful and breathtaking place and to converse in many languages.
That is my dream. That is my "Heaven"

Newbie here. Wish i had found this game few years ago instead of few months.

Would be nice to find out:
-level of active players in each server (not with alts)
-level of new players starting.

Personally i dont see many active players and as many new players as u would expect. They need to get the MMO improving.

Can they join servers which are not active?
Can they make AH common for all worlds?

They should as mentioned rebrand the game. Bring a version 2 and give to existing players some ability to transfer equipment /gold (depending on current lvl, equipment and gold).

For the current game they should rethink how they can make clans engaged in other activities than camping.
-Perhaps clan wars in the arena every 2 months?
-Or allow clans to take different sides in the game (why not allow to join the dark side) for a reward?
-Give weekly rewards for best active clans
-Communicate which clan killed which mob
-Make mobs which attack part of the safe areas of the game _not often _ (say invasion in shalemont)
-Not sure if it is possible to introduce castle/siege events
-Stop false spawns...irritating waiting for 45min....

For crafting to become interesting, otm needs to make it different from fishing. It needs to be rewarding and somewhat exciting. But for that to happen otm also needs to change the current camping pain of dl/edl and raids. On competitive servers all these bosses are camped none stop and when the "last due boss" is killed, the cycle repeats itself again. No one in their right mind is going to choose crafting over a possible Mordy spawn and saying that you should just get a second device and park a toon there to check spawn isnt what reality looks like.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

perhaps they should provide an alternative way of getting the bosses items. Say instead of killing Falgren, you instead kill x number of druids.

For crafting to become interesting, otm needs to make it different from fishing. It needs to be rewarding and somewhat exciting. But for that to happen otm also needs to change the current camping pain of dl/edl and raids. On competitive servers all these bosses are camped none stop and when the "last due boss" is killed, the cycle repeats itself again. No one in their right mind is going to choose crafting over a possible Mordy spawn and saying that you should just get a second device and park a toon there to check spawn isnt what reality looks like.
This ^

It would suck if they release crafting with these non stop camping crap. I use my main for 2 out of the 3 bosses we have to camp, hes always parked somewhere so i cant even use him most of the time. And if im gonna craft/fish its gonna be on my main, not on my alts coz thats just a waste of time. I got 2 other alts and guess what? Yep... theyre parked at other bosses too.

Also if other bosses are due and other people in the clan are camping them theres certainly no way im gonna craft or fish, f*** that. I dont wana "enjoy" the game like an idiot while theyre stuck camping, i'd rather step away from the game altogether (what i usually do) and do something irl instead.
Morrigan ~ Avalon ~ DG Void Ranger ~ Retired
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you, its much more than that.

This ^

It would suck if they release crafting with these non stop camping crap. I use my main for 2 out of the 3 bosses we have to camp, hes always parked somewhere so i cant even use him most of the time. And if im gonna craft/fish its gonna be on my main, not on my alts coz thats just a waste of time. I got 2 other alts and guess what? Yep... theyre parked at other bosses too.

Also if other bosses are due and other people in the clan are camping them theres certainly no way im gonna craft or fish, f*** that. I dont wana "enjoy" the game like an idiot while theyre stuck camping, i'd rather step away from the game altogether (what i usually do) and do something irl instead.

@perky, It doesn't matter how interesting they make crafting, or how rewarding it is. You need time to skill, a lot of it - for it to be rewarding it'd have to be like Runescape where it takes quite a will to get max lvl skill. The issue with this is that end game players will still be spending their time camping bosses. Mr Egg over here is a perfect example but what if someone only has 1 device - what happens then?
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

This ^

@perky, It doesn't matter how interesting they make crafting, or how rewarding it is. You need time to skill, a lot of it - for it to be rewarding it'd have to be like Runescape where it takes quite a will to get max lvl skill. The issue with this is that end game players will still be spending their time camping bosses. Mr Egg over here is a perfect example but what if someone only has 1 device - what happens then?
If thats the case, then endgame players have no time to lv up crafting due to the camping problems Celtic Heroes has. What happens with endgame players with one device? They will hardly try crafting, otm made useless content for those.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

This ^

If thats the case, then endgame players have no time to lv up crafting due to the camping problems Celtic Heroes has. What happens with endgame players with one device? They will hardly try crafting, otm made useless content for those.
That's my point. OTM need to focus on the "problems Celtic heroes has" before implementing more ideas.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.