Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If it's too good to be true...it is. Scam Protection

I was recently told that if you whisper to someone and say username/password/exprate (i don't think it was exprate but it was something like that) you could see your exp rate and the slashes kept them from viewing it and a message popped up that only you could see. I tried it by whispering to myself but nothing happened. is this a scam or was the player just trying to be helpful?

Come on. No disrespect, but how could you wonder about that? I respect you for coming and asking about it, I'm not trying to make you feel foolish or stupid...but think it through.

Have you ever in chat seen a / keep any info from being shared?

NEVER, under ANY ANY ANY circumstance. give your username or your PASSWORD, to ANYBODY.

I mean, this is basic, basic, basic fundamental scam protection. But anyone asking for your info under any pretense is trying to steal it.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

I was recently told that if you whisper to someone and say username/password/exprate (i don't think it was exprate but it was something like that) you could see your exp rate and the slashes kept them from viewing it and a message popped up that only you could see. I tried it by whispering to myself but nothing happened. is this a scam or was the player just trying to be helpful?

Come on. No disrespect, but how could you wonder about that? I respect you for coming and asking about it, I'm not trying to make you feel foolish or stupid...but think it through.

Have you ever in chat seen a / keep any info from being shared?

NEVER, under ANY ANY ANY circumstance. give your username or your PASSWORD, to ANYBODY.

I mean, this is basic, basic, basic fundamental scam protection. But anyone asking for your info under any pretense is trying to steal it.
teaweasel, dont try to be cool because you are hopeless in it, scamming is cool ,u not
Chace111
warrior,
sulis,
Finally full meteoric

the king, you looks like stalker of this guy, you commented all his posts :shock:
Okay? What's up with you? If I commented on all of this guys posts then I wouldn't be a commoner. Don't be a jerk.

It's a non issue. chace trolls every post, sometimes playfully, but other times cruelly. Personally I never have an issue with anyone saying anything bad about me. No problems here...but.. I know he was banned from forums for a few weeks for his other posts and for swearing at a mod... we will see when he returns if he changes or if he continues to do it and thus gets permenantly banned.

Either way, the community had a right to address it with him and we can move on and keep answering community questions about scamming. :geek:
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

somebody said hes gingerpowder, a great friend and then when he aksed to borrow my stuff, i didnt reject because ginger let me borrow his stuff
and even helped me train and protected me in the arena. so then he wasnt gingerpowder than i got scammed....
but i resaved now. i got 100k, blew 80k on meteoric and some novelty weapons. now i hav 20k left in which im saving for golden energisation which
is 50-60k worth atm. but i learned not to let ppl borrow my items.
Not playing celtic heroes anymore
Even though I quit, nobody is getting anything.