Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Questions about crits

Ok so if your pet hits a crit does it lessen the chances of getting another skill crit ? Or does each skill have a % of hitting a crit no matter the skill? Like does say sharp shot have its own crit % double shot it's own crit % ect , or is it all your skills as a whole have a crit % chance ?

I only ask because it would be a waste for dps to use a pet and waste a possible good crit instead of criting on a pet .

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance sorry if I explained it suckish .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Questions about crits

Every skill/auto has a chance to crit. I for example had 2 crits in a row on Prot prime and next Prot base I have no single crit.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Strange question. I don't see why you would think OTM would implement that and make the coding 20x harder for themselves by adding diminishing returns on a % chance.
Ok say what you just said but Like you were talking to a 3rd grader bc idek what you were trying to get at lol I asked a few questions idk which exactly your referring too.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

Ah ok lol, It would be extremely impractical for OTM to do what you are saying with one crit reducing the chance of the next crit.

Basically everytime you attack you will have a 1-5% chance to crit depending on abilities (purely hypothetical numbers).
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Ah ok lol, It would be extremely impractical for OTM to do what you are saying with one crit reducing the chance of the next crit.

Basically everytime you attack you will have a 1-5% chance to crit depending on abilities (purely hypothetical numbers).
Wouldn't it take more coding to make each individual skill have its own crit rate ? I ask these things bc ik how otm can be sometimes and of course I want to optimize my dps.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

Anyone figure out a formula for critical hit chance yet? As a function of ability? Could maybe land 1000 autos at say 0 ability to 500 ability then 1000, then 1500 then 2000 then plot the points (avg crit percent per 1000 hits vs ability), figure out the type of function, probably not exponential, hope it isn't square root.. It's actually quite easy to do using Excel. The only problem with it is if we use 1000 hits out crit abliity wid move up during the test interval.

Anyone figure out a formula for critical hit chance yet? As a function of ability? Could maybe land 1000 autos at say 0 ability to 500 ability then 1000, then 1500 then 2000 then plot the points (avg crit percent per 1000 hits vs ability), figure out the type of function, probably not exponential, hope it isn't square root.. It's actually quite easy to do using Excel. The only problem with it is if we use 1000 hits out crit abliity wid move up during the test interval.
Further complicating it is you would need to count hits as it needs to land to crit. So it wouldn't be as simple as timing it unless you hit 100%

Another way is to get to a fairly high crit level and then put on crit gear rings and see what difference it makes.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|