Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

In The Time It Has Taken For The New Update To Drop

In the time it has taken for the new update to drop, these things have happened...
The Indians have a 2-0 lead over the Red Socks.
The Browns are 0-5
Both presidential debates have happened
Hurricane Mathew has hit Haiti, Cuba, and the US.
Both Nobel Prizes have been announced
A shuttle was launched into space
Clowns started messing unfathomable up
FIFA 17 early access came out, and then the real game came out
I broke my foot AND got out of the cast
WWII started and ended
The plane was invented

Re: In The Time It Has Taken For The New Update To Drop

Yes I will agree this is getting rather ridiculous. If otm takes one thing away from this post I hope it's that they will strive to move faster for their loyal iOS players who have been supporting this game for years. The fact that it's taken 5 or more months to get out a new update is pretty ridiculous.... you realize that's almost half a year ? Hurry the crap up this is how you lose a player base they all get sick of the same lame content and stop logging in . So from a player who's been playing this game for 5 years, step your game up this is a pathetic pace .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

+1

On my server we have killed the App Store at least 20 times and all we got was some junk like a crushed candy or something. The update drop rate needs a buff for it to be worth it.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Yes I will agree this is getting rather ridiculous. If otm takes one thing away from this post I hope it's that they will strive to move faster for their loyal iOS players who have been supporting this game for years. The fact that it's taken 5 or more months to get out a new update is pretty ridiculous.... you realize that's almost half a year ? Hurry the crap up this is how you lose a player base they all get sick of the same lame content and stop logging in . So from a player who's been playing this game for 5 years, step your game up this is a pathetic pace .

Would you rather have broken content quickly, or mostly ironed out content later.

It takes time to create completely new content. The art has to be designed, every little thing needs to be coded, then it all needs to be put together. That's the easy part. Then you have the issue of balancing everything, to make it challenging but not impossible, not too op, not too useless, etc. Then there is the bug testing, to try to check every possible scenario to see what can go wrong, and then fix it so it doesn't happen. Plus OTM's small team can't fix everything instantly, it takes time to figure out the issue, and how to fix it.

Basically, stop complaining. All companies take time to update games, its just that OTM's team is small, so they release updates a lot slower than teams that are two or three times bigger.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Would you rather have broken content quickly, or mostly ironed out content later.

It takes time to create completely new content. The art has to be designed, every little thing needs to be coded, then it all needs to be put together. That's the easy part. Then you have the issue of balancing everything, to make it challenging but not impossible, not too op, not too useless, etc. Then there is the bug testing, to try to check every possible scenario to see what can go wrong, and then fix it so it doesn't happen. Plus OTM's small team can't fix everything instantly, it takes time to figure out the issue, and how to fix it.

Basically, stop complaining. All companies take time to update games, its just that OTM's team is small, so they release updates a lot slower than teams that are two or three times bigger.
No not all companies take half a year to release content and if you think that then you know nothing. As far as the coding I have a friend who could have coded everything in the update and not took close to 6 months to do it ( need his number otm ?) And it's still going to have bugs they always do , beta and live are two different things trust me when it goes live there will still be bugs . I'd agree that the balancing may take a while but all they ever do and done for 5 years is each update make one class better than any other and I'm sure it will happen with this one too . At this rate I'd rather it have come out with bugs in it because we have lost a solid 60% of the active player base because they get sick of waiting and then on top of that this current event is garbage so having this same garbage event so dang long is why otm is losing active players. That I bet they are banking on the update bringing these players back but over the years I've played it doesn't bring all the players back it only brings back I'd say 70% and that's a lot of players lost because of negligence.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

No not all companies take half a year to release content and if you think that then you know nothing. As far as the coding I have a friend who could have coded everything in the update and not took close to 6 months to do it ( need his number otm ?) And it's still going to have bugs they always do , beta and live are two different things trust me when it goes live there will still be bugs . I'd agree that the balancing may take a while but all they ever do and done for 5 years is each update make one class better than any other and I'm sure it will happen with this one too . At this rate I'd rather it have come out with bugs in it because we have lost a solid 60% of the active player base because they get sick of waiting and then on top of that this current event is garbage so having this same garbage event so dang long is why otm is losing active players. That I bet they are banking on the update bringing these players back but over the years I've played it doesn't bring all the players back it only brings back I'd say 70% and that's a lot of players lost because of negligence.
I never said that all companies take a long time to release updates. I said that OTM takes a lot longer than most companies, due to their small team. If you know someone skilled in 3d game development with the unity 3d engine, and with an intricate knowledge of Celtic Heroes's back end, awesome. I'm not sure how much you know about coding, but it's a lot harder than it looks :lol:

Yes, a lot of people have quit, and I will be the first one to agree that it sucks. The tower is pretty much always empty, except when there's a boss due. I've been leveling from 200 - 214 over the past 2 weeks, and in that time when I'm lixing, I am the only one on the floor. People quit, or else only log on for a boss, then log off again. The thing is, like you said, even with this new update, most people won't come back. Sure, some might come back to check it out, and some might end up sticking around and becoming more active, but most people who quit, are tired of the game. But within a month or two after the update, everything will probably go back to how it currently is.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!