Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Event Lux

Lux items weren't made to be "prestige" items. A prestige item isn't something you get from buying it in a shop, you get it from earning it through gameplay. "Look! I got this from doing _______ to _______". Lux was meant as a way for players who were willing to pay rl money to gain a gameplay advantage.

The reason why some may see a reaper ring or a wyld ammy as a "prestige item" is because they happen to have ended up being more OP than most lux items due to stats. Gear is made to help you play the game, it's just sad that a lot (not all or most but still a good number) of those that have these items would rather stand around in the castle showing off their "luck" than actually putting the item to use. They stand in the castle all day saying "taking offers on" but have no intention to ever actually sell.

So OTM decided to bring back some lux in a way that wouldn't flood or over saturate the market with it. And maybe, just maybe, some of it will be used at bosses by players who are active and don't just log once in a blue to show off the lux they lucked in to. How much damage to a servers economy could a couple (guessing 2-3) reaper rings a year do? They aren't selling theirs anyway so it's not like they are actually losing money
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Plus it's not like you can just go to the vendor and get what you want. You'll probably end up spending as much or more gold cycling through the shop as you would buying the lux you want from another player. That is IF you even end up getting it.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

When the first event lux came out(reaper rings, midnight ammy, huntsman ring, spectral braces), we told otm to make that type of amazing lux a yearly thing. That way people could get it year round. Instead we got new lux every single damn event. And now, there's so many luxes out there making some upset that they didn't get one damn piece out of the whole load. If event lux had been around on a yearly bases then there wouldn't be a lot of complaining and everyone would've had a fair chance to get the item they desired.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.