Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Lures, resistances, damages, oh my

damage is said to fluctuate from 50%-100% of your damage. I proved this wrong when I hit an aito attack of 2 when my damage was said to be 6. That's on a training dummy with 0 resists. So there's your answer anyways, if you brough the boss' resist down to 0 you'll know because you'll be able to see yourself(rarely) hitting numbers close to your max hit.
Maybe it's computed as a floating point and displayed as an integer. To actually disprove it you would be better off going for more damage. That said when I tested fists with 480 elemental I was hitting 60 to close to 100%.
I seriously think there is a limit on your max % hit, and it's not 100%. More like 90%, maybe 95%, but as Vulture showed, even on a low level, you can't ever get 100%.
It may be like 98 or99%. I've used ss on training dummy's hundreds of times and I've managed to get within 50 dmg points of my max
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

ok I experiment with fists again on a hunch and found something very interesting.

With 7 damage (all elemental dmg gear removed) I did 4-7 damage in all of 300 ish hits. That's 57-100% but is very granular and may be a rounding error. I got lots of 7 and 4 results.

I added just one piece of gear with 150dmg heat (157 total) and got 95 to 156 damage in about 300 ish hits. That's 60.5 to 99.3%

I added 520 heat and 150 divine dmg but now with only a little more str my damage said 677 but the actual damage was 527. I got 316 to 525 damage or 59.9% to 99.6%

So I'm pretty sure damage fluctuates from 60% to 100%. I'll need to record all the numbers and then check to see if it's all calculated as one fluctuation or as seperate elements (like auto and elemental seperate)
Last edited by Plus3 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

My ss on skill page says 5732 and I use Hrung majestic ss helm and occult armor to add 950 to the damage it does which make 100% be 6682. I have high ss hit of 6653 on a troll next to snorri spawn. They may have little to no poison resistance though. And that was without lures or shatter or anything on it as was just myself and another rogue playing around while camping.

But generally it hits anywhere from 3500 to the 6600. That kind of fluctuation is just ridiculous.
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

My ss on skill page says 5732 and I use Hrung majestic ss helm and occult armor to add 950 to the damage it does which make 100% be 6682. I have high ss hit of 6653 on a troll next to snorri spawn. They may have little to no poison resistance though. And that was without lures or shatter or anything on it as was just myself and another rogue playing around while camping.

But generally it hits anywhere from 3500 to the 6600. That kind of fluctuation is just ridiculous.
No lure affects shadowstrike damage, and shatter only effects physical damage. Ss is poison.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

damage is said to fluctuate from 50%-100% of your damage. I proved this wrong when I hit an aito attack of 2 when my damage was said to be 6. That's on a training dummy with 0 resists. So there's your answer anyways, if you brough the boss' resist down to 0 you'll know because you'll be able to see yourself(rarely) hitting numbers close to your max hit.
Maybe it's computed as a floating point and displayed as an integer. To actually disprove it you would be better off going for more damage. That said when I tested fists with 480 elemental I was hitting 60 to close to 100%.
You mean like possibly 5.5 rounded up to 6? Even if your numbers were rounded the only way you'd hit a 2 is if you hit a 2.4999... or lower. If damage was truly 50%-100% then you would never be able to hit that even if your damage was 5.5 on the dot as 50% of that is 2.75 which would obviously round up to 3.

Then again this was done a long while ago and it seems this changed based on your tests you just did.

It's still stupid to be hitting so much lower than what you should hit. I mean if the mob has no resistance, what's affecting your fluctuation? Physically unable to hit relatively consistently or something? Does your character decide to smack the mob with the handle of your weapon or does your fire bolt turn out to be just a fire spark half the time? It really just makes no sense. I feel like this should be brought up to fluctuate between 90-100%. Seems entirely fair to me. Resistances already destroy any damage numbers you put up.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

You mean like possibly 5.5 rounded up to 6? Even if your numbers were rounded the only way you'd hit a 2 is if you hit a 2.4999... or lower. If damage was truly 50%-100% then you would never be able to hit that even if your damage was 5.5 on the dot as 50% of that is 2.75 which would obviously round up to 3.

Then again this was done a long while ago and it seems this changed based on your tests you just did.

It's still stupid to be hitting so much lower than what you should hit. I mean if the mob has no resistance, what's affecting your fluctuation? Physically unable to hit relatively consistently or something? Does your character decide to smack the mob with the handle of your weapon or does your fire bolt turn out to be just a fire spark half the time? It really just makes no sense. I feel like this should be brought up to fluctuate between 90-100%. Seems entirely fair to me. Resistances already destroy any damage numbers you put up.
It could be a combination of truncation and rounding. Say your damage was rounded from 5.5 to 6 in stats page but calculated as 5.5. Say your damage calculation is truncated so if half its 2.75 which would be 2. Seems unlikely but possible in coding.

But there have been changes and I'm pretty sure it's now 60-100% or roughly so.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Ok. So rounding is a possibility in such low numbers. What about mages skills? For example stat of skill say 5k and u have 1k attune which adds up to 6k firebolt dmg but in fact u do 2.5k on a dummy (which has no resistances as otm say) which is deff less than 50%.
Im using some made up numbers but if u insist i can log my mage and use real numbers.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

Ok. So rounding is a possibility in such low numbers. What about mages skills? For example stat of skill say 5k and u have 1k attune which adds up to 6k firebolt dmg but in fact u do 2.5k on a dummy (which has no resistances as otm say) which is deff less than 50%.
Im using some made up numbers but if u insist i can log my mage and use real numbers.
I only used fists and fire elemental dmg. Skills may be different I'd need to test. But resistances make the damage less (like armor does for autos) so all mobs and bosses will resist to some extent or another. Some bosses resist all skills highly and some are even almost immune to them even landing (like Mordris and movement evasion).
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Mobs (not sure if all) have build in resists. You can never hit a max 100% hit on them, even with a 50 point lure. A 40 lure and a 50 lure give the same max hit on captain black storm, somewhere around 98-99. I've noticed the same with aggy and training mobs in 210- these seem a bit lower than 98.

To the op, your elemental resist is resisted by about 75-85% on endgame bosses, depending on value of lure and which boss. Prime and base have the same resists, both are higher than mord but lower than necro
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs