Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Weekend Mini Event - Boss Spawn Weekend!

It takes more than one member of the staff to change the spawn timer of bosses? :lol: I really find that hard to believe.

Someone already went thru them all and changed their spawn windows and reduced it by 2/3. All they gotta do is go back and change the minimum and maximum spawn time and reduce the range. :roll:
Regardless to how easy you believe it to be, this weekend we shall only be reducing the windows to one third.

It is a simple and safe change that can cause no errors that may harm the game.

We may change it to fixed in future when it is more feasible to us but for this weekend it shall just be reduction.

I'm not sure OTM understands the best way to monitize this game. I hope they figure it out soon because I like it still after all these years and would hate to see it go.

As for the programming the forum and OTM website have more down time than any other site I have ever seen. If you need to make changes downtime should be minutes with testing done in parallel. I'm a coding noob and the sites I manage (using Wordpress and some custom Java) don't have this much downtime.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I'm not sure OTM understands the best way to monitize this game. I hope they figure it out soon because I like it still after all these years and would hate to see it go.

As for the programming the forum and OTM website have more down time than any other site I have ever seen. If you need to make changes downtime should be minutes with testing done in parallel. I'm a coding noob and the sites I manage (using Wordpress and some custom Java) don't have this much downtime.
If you are referring to the Mini Events, they are just myself trying to run some small fun events for players to participate in.
I want to run further varying events through the year that players can take part in and enjoy.
They are not some form of monetizing scheme just community events for fun.

The forum / website issues are current problems with our hosting company which I hope to move from within the year.
While we have been moved over to better servers the continuing downtime means plans have been put in place to move.

If you are referring to the Mini Events, they are just myself trying to run some small fun events for players to participate in.
I want to run further varying events through the year that players can take part in and enjoy.

The forum / website issues are current problems with our hosting company which I hope to move from within the year.
While we have been moved over to better servers the continuing downtime means plans have been put in place to move.
Regardless of how you intended it, someone in the office agreed because it IS a monetizing scam. To do an aggy for us is about 10k in lixs and restos and idols per person and 15-23 minutes.
Wafflez.
(|%}^=

The game needs to make money to survive. I don't have any issues with that principle, it's why I've bought plat even though I really had no need to.

I'm just a bit concerned that the game is losing players is all. I think permenant content is a good way to keep them in general but most aren't too hopeful due to the pet fiasco.

In mmorpg people play to acquire items and increase their potential in game. It's natural to have some gradual inflation of item power/level cap to facilitate this but too much or too little causes problems.

By making Pets non-transferable and not upgrade able against future inflation of item power yet essentially cost hundreds to thousands of usd to max out it disenfranchises players who did pay for them when new content comes. Same with maxing a specific ability per pet type.

By making target lock penalize end game players, many of which still need bottleneck items like dl main/offhands or raid boss items from bosses many levels lower it does the same thing. As it stands leveling to 230+ massively nerfs your ability to play. Yet asking players to wait years before progressing to maintain locks is also an issue.

By having classes unbalanced it also similarity turns players away and creates unbalanced numbers of a particular class, which in turn creates more bottlenecks due to class specific drops. Yet rebalancing frustrates players who made the op class just to progress. It's not an easy task.

Lack of parallel content limits what enjoyment players have available and turns them away temporarily to permenantly when it's exhausted. Yet too much repetition and too low drop rates of good items is not a workable fix.

Requiring massive numbers to do raid bosses (possibly to force cooperation idk) causes many to be frustrated and some worlds to progress while others stagnate making it more difficult to generate game content going forward that includes everyone.

By having so much forum/main web site downtime, regardless of the reason, it hurts OTMs bottom line even if this is indirect and more long term than short term.

When end game players feel negatively about the game it trickles down to lower levels eventually and turns them away from the game. Currently there aren't nearly as many new players (humans) as there were even two years ago, I'm sure this is true across most servers.

In my opinion it's still the best mmorpg on iTunes that does not require lots of money to play, or I wouldn't play. A few things need fixing that will bring more satisfied players which in turn would generate more revenue. I know some of these are already being addressed.
Last edited by Plus3 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Really long post for a quote so I put this in instead.
I understand that concern myself, from a player looking in perspective if the group of end game players is small and one or two drop off (natural in games) it can be seen as a massive change and that the game is dying.

I would like to take a moment and reassure players we are doing well and will continue, I worry and check statistics everyday as my focus is the community and the people who play.

I do agree though, there are many things I would like to see changed in the game myself, I do play it a lot and see many of the things that frustrate others.

We all have a passion for Celtic Heroes and want to see it do well.

I understand that concern myself, from a player looking in perspective if the group of end game players is small and one or two drop off (natural in games) it can be seen as a massive change and that the game is dying.

I would like to take a moment and reassure players we are doing well and will continue, I worry and check statistics everyday as my focus is the community and the people who play.
I can understand the concern about being one or two drops off. However, I feel that there needs to be a balance between enjoyable/rewarding while at the same time not being 1/2 drops off. One start would just to be scrap mighty and majestic tier. Not only that but a removal of completely useless drops such as bandage wounds items from mord would be a start.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I can understand the concern about being one or two drops off. However, I feel that there needs to be a balance between enjoyable/rewarding while at the same time not being 1/2 drops off. One start would just to be scrap mighty and majestic tier. Not only that but a removal of completely useless drops such as bandage wounds items from mord would be a start.
Lol dont get me started on those crap Mord drops. Yes, removing the grand and mighty tier from all raid bosses would be a good start. I just dont understand how the hell Bandage Wounds and Spring of Life made it into Mord drop list.. or Light Heal Rings from Gelebron. Must be a very early April fools joke.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Regardless of how you intended it, someone in the office agreed because it IS a monetizing scam. To do an aggy for us is about 10k in lixs and restos and idols per person and 15-23 minutes.
Excuse me. 15-23 MINUTES?! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING WRONG