Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: iPad mini 2

the iPod touch 6gen has a processor same as the iPad mini 4 which is 2 years old. the iPad mini 2 uses one that is 3 years old

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

the iPod touch 6gen has a processor same as the iPad mini 4 which is 2 years old. the iPad mini 2 uses one that is 3 years old
Sorry aileron but you are not right. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices look here. as you can see the ipod6 is the same as the iPhone 6 processor. The iPad mini 4 is not the same professor exactly. The ipod6 is a year old this month, the iPhone 6 is almost 2 yr old tho most people didn't buy in September 2014. Ipod6 is better than the ipod5 and is the cheapest newer idevice that plays the game extremely well and smoothly. It beats the 5th gen probably due to the Coprpcessor that ipod5 don't have as well as the full 1gb ram whereas ipod5 has 512.

The iPod mini 4 is still slightly better than the ipod6 spec wise though you won't notice much playing.

Apple devices don't have the best processors for the $$ but because of the walled garden dictatorship that is Apple. They only essentially ship with apples own swift enviorment which has better hardware optimization and not some general purpose less optimized enviorment such as Java for android. So they do tend to have better optimization and often run faster than say android devices spec for spec. I'm not justifying the overpriced nature of Apple products, just that there are some benefits to controlling all aspects of a product like dear leader vs a generic piecemeal environment.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Sorry aileron but you are not right. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices look here. as you can see the ipod6 is the same as the iPhone 6 processor. The iPad mini 4 is not the same professor exactly. The ipod6 is a year old this month, the iPhone 6 is almost 2 yr old tho most people didn't buy in September 2014. Ipod6 is better than the ipod5 and is the cheapest newer idevice that plays the game extremely well and smoothly. It beats the 5th gen probably due to the Coprpcessor that ipod5 don't have as well as the full 1gb ram whereas ipod5 has 512.

The iPod mini 4 is still slightly better than the ipod6 spec wise though you won't notice much playing.

Apple devices don't have the best processors for the $$ but because of the walled garden dictatorship that is Apple. They only essentially ship with apples own swift enviorment which has better hardware optimization and not some general purpose less optimized enviorment such as Java for android. So they do tend to have better optimization and often run faster than say android devices spec for spec. I'm not justifying the overpriced nature of Apple products, just that there are some benefits to controlling all aspects of a product like dear leader vs a generic piecemeal environment.
The iPod Touch 6th Gen was released last year, but it uses an A8 chip with M8 co-processor, same as iPad Mini 4, same as iPhone 6. The A8 was released in 2014 and even though the iPod 6th gen was released in 2015, it still uses a chip from 2014.

iPad Mini 2 uses A7 chip, same as iPhone 5s which was released back in 2013.

Everything I said jives with your wikipedia list. What am I missing?

Does the iPad mini 2 retina run Celtic heroes fairly well? Tossing up between the iPad mini 2 and iPod touch 6th gen (Don't have much money)
The iPad mini 2 has the same specs of the 3......it run any game you can come across the app store really.... I play Celtic Heroes on my with the graphic settings up without any issue at all :)

It is a nice piece of kit!

The iPod Touch 6th Gen was released last year, but it uses an A8 chip with M8 co-processor, same as iPad Mini 4, same as iPhone 6. The A8 was released in 2014 and even though the iPod 6th gen was released in 2015, it still uses a chip from 2014.

iPad Mini 2 uses A7 chip, same as iPhone 5s which was released back in 2013.

Everything I said jives with your wikipedia list. What am I missing?
The ipod6 uses a 1.4 Ghz underclocked to 1.1 whereas the mini 4 uses a 1.5 Ghz, though both are in the A8 family of processors. They are similar but not identical, the mini has a slight edge.

The processor in the 6th gen iPod more closely resembles the iPhone 6 (which is not underclocked) and was released later in September 2014 so not 2 years quite yet (tho 2 hrs is basically true).
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

The ipod6 uses a 1.4 Ghz underclocked to 1.1 whereas the mini 4 uses a 1.5 Ghz, though both are in the A8 family of processors. They are similar but not identical, the mini has a slight edge
Be that as it may, he wasn't asking about the mini 4. I only said they both have the A8, the key difference is that the mini 2 has a 3 yr old chip, so the 6th gen is a better buy, imo. likely cheaper too.