Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Server Activity?

Crom is dead too, and many don't want to log in for the same boring stuff with no fixes to be seen for the glaring issues.

I regret buying plat at previous double play, it's just sitting in my account. Wish I could get a refund.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Really hope that they are able to do something about a majority of the feedback...

-Difficult leveling(without plat i would think itd be way too hard to level let alone get the gold for leveling)
-Costly bosses(they require plat or an obscene amount of players)
-Plat driven game style(leveling takes plat items, Bossing takes plat items, "Luxury" items take plat to get the gold or an obscene amount of gold farming)
-Endgame players satisfaction(the loot isnt particularly worth the effort more than half the time)

To me those are the most pressing issues with the game as is, its turned into a hardcore game that i dont see very many casual players playing...

Actually there isnt enough people buying chests i guess because i cant seem to get any haste anywhere :lol:

Anyone else think that there are too many servers for how many players the game has?
I agree, your slight hint at server merges should be taken seriously but handled very delicately.

For example finding out what servers have little activity is a must, maybe take a list of all the servers yet to kill Gelebron and do some beta testing for the server merge between 2 or more of these servers and open this beta server for a brief period of time and see if any issues arise. If all systems are check possibly implement this to cause little harm to the established servers. OR give everyone the option the xfer out of a dead server that's closing and let them pick a world to take their character and items to.

The activity levels were great when everyone's devices worked, now that a lot of devices obselete + the terrible maintenance of problems , plat dependency and constant bottlenecks, activity is diminishing and these are just 2 possible fixes but I'm sure someone will point out all the problems however unrealistic they are, (furyion please don't make this topic about the collectors and their rare items, lugh should be fine in option 1 and if option 2 will never happen although it's a genius fix) should be seriously considered.
Brilliant Idea... I have mentioned Server Mergers/Server Transfers before. But that was to see if OTM considered it or even cared but im not sure if they think server activity is a pressing issue.

I too do not like the whole rare items argument as I wouldnt even care if I couldnt bring my non quest/event items with... I just dont want to have to raise all my gold/ all my lixes/ all my levels... all over again

I also believe players quitting has a snowball effect at a certain point... A point being you are a top clan without any other top clans and you cant even down the last EGB in the game. Once you arent able to acquire loot if thats what your driven to do and play for also... then whats the point?

Belenus seems to lose activeness. Our rivals are starting to kick the bucket, doing nothing but snorri and ocassionally hrung, many of their players moved to us. For us our hardest part is getting ppl at the same time for Gele. The only times we get enough are usually by luck mid fight (like last necro they had 30 on and suddenly had 40 on, but chose to kill both mordy and prot prime and everyone logged out). We are atm trying to set another Gelebron raid because we know that when we will, with enough ppl and practice he goes down (we had 43-46 at peak on our first attempt).

Activity has been an issue in Belenus since new engine, when we were lucky to get 20 members at once for almost 2 years until tower update when many came back and more started playing (before new engine 40+ wasnt an issue to get at only US timezone, now we need to time it for both EU and US), problem is OTM doesnt offer any solution to those servers.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Agreed with the above posts. On herne I've seen less and less people log weekly. Not only that but there have been times where there has only been me and about 2 other people online in the entire server (from what I checked). I hope otm consider server merges and host an open beta to see how it goes, like demon said. However having the option to shut down a few servers and give people the option to fully move out of it before a shutdown would be great too. I don't know about money wise, but I'm fairly certain having so many servers would cost otm more(money or time wise) as they'd need to do maintainence on all the servers. Having a less amount of servers would make it so that it not only helps players but otm as well.

In general, the ch playerbase is not small. We have many players, but are just seperated across countless servers. I say, make the amount of iOS servers equal to the amount of android servers. Keep the 4 most active servers and shut down the rest, while giving people a chance to move out, or merge servers together.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Merging servers won't do anything besides piss of more players. The game isn't going to get more exciting and entice players to keep playing if it's the same stuff over and over.
This event's been cancer.
That's what I meant by putting an end to the misery http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... =6&t=85726
Unfortunately, some people read it as me complaining, and told me to shut up and not kill bosses instead. But I really think dragging events on and on with such poor drop rates is a bane to the game.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Merging servers won't do anything besides piss of more players. The game isn't going to get more exciting and entice players to keep playing if it's the same stuff over and over.
That's what I meant by putting an end to the misery http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... =6&t=85726
Unfortunately, some people read it as me complaining, and told me to shut up and not kill bosses instead. But I really think dragging events on and on with such poor drop rates is a bane to the game.
Merging servers would create at least some healthy competition. Most servers are super inactive and empty atm. If otm found a way to bring back players (auction house, more side content, less grind, etc) then I wouldn't mind, but currently, at least to me the only way I can see to revive some servers at least is to merge them into one.

As far as ending this event goes, I'm all for it. There isn't much to gain from this event.

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

You are correct. I had responded that we keep killing because we occasionally get an imperial. That being said, the last about 10 kills have been royal drops which is hardly better than jalan charms and now no one is enthusiastic about killing the event unless it's a 5*. Higher lvl drop rates with shorter events that dont require as lengthy of a kill would bring a lot more enthusiasm to killing the events
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Part of the issue is also the fact that the bosses take so many people to kill, as well as resource cost. Like zyz said, people easily get discouraged when they spend the time to kill a boss, and it drops mighty's most of the time

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.