Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Tenure

I started in November 2011 and my favorite thing was when the bosses had exact spawn times with no windows we had spawns down to the second mostly thanks to nar lol.
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

I started in November 2011 and my favorite thing was when the bosses had exact spawn times with no windows we had spawns down to the second mostly thanks to nar lol.
2 clans, 30 plus people every 60 minutes parked at Falgren lol
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

Yes! haha
Beast25 - Warrior 227

Belenus- Elementals

I started in early 2014 (I came pretty late to the party compared to most of you :?), in the Yule 2013 event.
Probably the thing I miss most is all the mini bosses walking around lirs (which I never got to kill, I just screenshotted them all :lol:) or killing shadhaver daily with friends in the Beltane 2014 event. Maybe even spending hours farming witches to try and get a rare mount in Samhain :lol: (spoiler: I didn't get one :oops:)....

One of my favourite things in this game is the novelty rares, so an AH would really help me collect that kind of stuff.
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

Yes! haha
And it's an exciting battle until he dies, and everyone anticipating which group would win. No target lock bs. CH was fun back then.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

The first surprising thing I remember seeing was pumpleroot so I guess that means it was the samhain of 2011 I think that I stumbled across CH and Danu would be my home until OW dropped and then it wasn't long until I quit.

In that time I had a lot of fun with the ChosenOnes vs Defiant wars, getting my Winterking axe and getting two of the 2012 black party hats which involved a heck of a lot of bandit camping.

Returning last year but this time to a fresh start on Android has turned out to be just as good but boy do I miss my wk axe. I overpaid like hell when I saw a bow for sale.. THE FEEEEEEELLLLS.
Fingal - Whykicamoocow
Hammy Level 221 Mage

I started playing initially in like October '12. I didn't really enjoy it, nor did I even give it a real chance, so I quit and gave it a second chance in January '13. A friend (who still plays) showed me the game and begged me to play it with him. I remember being like a little level 50 rogue back then and looking up to him as a level 70 warrior. I thought that was the most badass thing ever and so I decided to make a warrior and outdo him. He is currently level 200 and I'm 213, 201, 190, and 64. Needless to say I ended up loving the game eventually.

Samhain of 2013 was probably the most fun I've had in the game. I had a friend in the server who drag raced IRL for money and would just dish out thousands of dollars on plat. We became close friends and he ended up giving me, collectively, about 1k of those purple chests for almost nothing. For those of you in Lugh who know me and know how wealthy I am, this is how it all started. lmao
~Neek~
World - Lugh
Neek - Warrior - 220+
Neek2 - Rogue - 220+
Mayfire - Ranger - 215+
ii - Rogue - 190+
Booty - Mage - 205+
WMD - Warrior - 140+

Proud General of clan Axis of Lugh

Been on and off since 2011 Yuletide, still have the Christmas hat that takes up the headgear space from back then.

Bounty is definitely a good step towards the ideal free to play model, but how the pet system currently works in my opinion is a little step backwards (assuming you start from zero and don't buy plat it's probably going to take you years to upgrade your pet to level 6).

I'm a little ambivalent about chests, while they are a great addition to OTM's profit, which could help OTM ease up a bit on the f2p players, it is quite frankly gambling, and gambling has been a topic of controversy in the mobile gaming sphere. But it's a risk I'm willing to embrace if that means OTM could make the life of f2p players less miserable.

Leveling used to be fairly reasonable since there weren't so many levels, but now with over 200 levels the amount of grinding required to level is starting to get a little overboard for the more casual players.

If there's something I want OTM to improve on after seeing the game's direction, it would be

- Reduce xp requirement for leveling. I get that CH is in this unique genre of mobile games for hardcore gamers but grinding for 10 hours straight with active xp elixer just to level up once is a little too much in my opinion. Theoretically anyone could reach endgame without relying on xp elixers, if you are willing to grind for 40 hours straight, but I have yet to hear of someone who has accomplished this feat. 5 hours per level is still quite ridiculous for mobile gaming standards, but that sounds a bit more reasonable than 10 with xp elixers.

- Speed up regeneration, most mmos I've played has drastically increased regen rate out of combat, if not your character might even simply return to full health, or if pots are a must they are ridiculously cheap to the point you never have to worry about running out. CH is once again in a unique position in which it takes forever to regenerate health and energy without sigils or lux, with relatively expensive pots (a resto is usually 200g, you get 10g from killing a mob). The biggest problem with this is dramatically slowing the rhythm of gameplay, having to rest several minutes between mobs breaks the pace and slows gameplay down to a halt, making it very frustrating for f2p players. Making restos easier to obtain or increasing the natural regen rate scaling with a character's total hp/energy or vit/focus can help with this problem.

I know that theoretically anyone could reach endgame without paying a single cent if they grind hard, but I feel 40 hours per level and having no to rest for several minutes between every mob is stretching it a bit too far. Then again, I have yet to hear about anyone who was able to do so.

I understand OTM's concern that being too lenient with f2p players may cause them to loose profit, but forcing users to pay out of frustration is simply not how the free to play system work. Making gameplay reliant on microtransaction usually results in a negative cycle in which the devs have to rush contents in order to retain the "whales" who could very much be moving into games of other competitors, Players should feel happy to purchase plat instead of being forced to do so out of frustration. Mounts, fashions, pets, they are great potential sources of profit for OTM and satisfaction for players without upsetting the gameplay balance and keeping progression at a reasonable pace.

I know these suggestions probably have been made several times before, and that OTM probably wouldn't listen given how they are seemingly doing well (according to sensortower OTM is making around $70k per month), but that's exactly how this common f2p trap is deadly. It may seem to work because out of frustration players do end up paying, but retaining them and preventing them from moving to games of other competitors or competing for new players should competition in the mobile mmo genre gets fierce would be a nightmare later on.