Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage Build Suggestions For Gelebron?

I am seeking some advice from mages who have experience doing several successful Gelebron Raids. As an ice mage, I am wondering several things:

1. How much health do I need? It seems counterintuitive for a DPS mage to switch gears and throw on 10k plus health. Whether I have 3k health or 10k health, if Gelebron wants me dead, I think he is going to keep hitting me until he makes it happen. Am I better off to keep my DPS build and just burn a few extra idols or sacrifice my DPS and go full vitality? Maybe a hybrid of DPS and support might be even better? It seems like 5k base health plus a max eshield, topped off with a combo, should provide a bit of sustainability? I fight Proteus Prime as full DPS with 3 or 4k base health and no EDL aura. Does Gelebron honestly require much more?

2. Skills.... which set of skills seem to be more effective? Mages don't do particularly high damage against Gelebron himself so maybe keep a couple of high damage skills for crystals and throw a LOA in?

3. Gear. Full EDL armor seems the obvious choice but I do love my occult hat and ancient Beastbone legs. I will likely opt for the full edl set though. The aura gives me a free 160 vitality and some chaos protection so, why not? As for weapons..... am I better to use a DL offhand or the lvl 200 lux offhand? On the mainhand my options are limited to a dl wand or a Hrung Shards skull. Suggestions?
Last edited by Omega Weapon on Tue May 10, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Weapon
Concordiia Clan
223+ Ice Mage
132+ Rogue
Donn Server

Re: Mage Build Suggestions For Gelebron?

If you like being dead all the time, use Occult armor
Yeah, I kinda figured full edl was the way to go. My biggest question is concerning the amount of health needed and the best skills. If I go with 10k health plus a max eshield do you think that would suffice?
Omega Weapon
Concordiia Clan
223+ Ice Mage
132+ Rogue
Donn Server

Re: Mage Build Suggestions For Gelebron?

You need to sync your build with the other mages. What we do is one mage(dual devicer) does lures on gele.

The remaining mages are on xtals and only dps on gele when all xtals are down.

So you should pick your skills based ok what crystals you are going to fight. Either be fire dps with ice shards or ice dps with firebolt. Freeze is also a must, but you can maybe save some points here with hotbar swapping.

Wear full edl, if you want to swap out pieces I would only do the helm for ice shards or firestorm since you can swap this item out fast.

Currently I have 8-10k hp, depending on gear, but it is very doable with 5-6k hp. This all depends on how good your sent tanks are. Our tanks got the hang of it now so I think I could drop my vit a bit.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]