Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Gold Amount on your World

Buying power only matters if people are willing to sell. I have a pair of yellow lux wings I won't sell. So the 50 million gold is worthless if the items you want people won't sell.

I'm just so perplexed by this topic. Being proud of your virtual gold is like being proud and bragging about how much monopoly money you have.
The united states abandoned the gold standard in 1971. Since then the USD is as completely imaginary as monopoly. Not many currencies in the world are actually backed by something with substance but are instead virtual representations, just look at the popular *** which is mined from the aether by computational cycles.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

The Zimbabwean currency thing is crazy, and it sucks that happened to them.

But let's take a moment to look at the exchange rate of a US Dollar to Celtic Heroes Platinum, and how much MORE crazy it is.

1 USD (.99 cents+ the inflation and taxes which makes it a bit HIGHER than a dollar actually) = 200 in game gold

Again.

1 USD = 200g

Why. Why is this a thing. You can literally get 200g by killing one or two mobs. This is almost as crazy as the Zimbabwean currency. I understand all the people who buy plat would get frustrated over this, because it's downright silly.
Would you kindly?

Buying power only matters if people are willing to sell. I have a pair of yellow lux wings I won't sell. So the 50 million gold is worthless if the items you want people won't sell.

I'm just so perplexed by this topic. Being proud of your virtual gold is like being proud and bragging about how much monopoly money you have.
The united states abandoned the gold standard in 1971. Since then the USD is as completely imaginary as monopoly. Not many currencies in the world are actually backed by something with substance but are instead virtual representations, just look at the popular *** which is mined from the aether by computational cycles.
+1

The Feds (people who have control over monetary policy) create an allusion of wealth because of the abandonment of the gold standard. They choose how much money is created or destroyed. The dollar is just like Monopoly money except it has the Feds and the governments backing. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the almighty dollars it is necessary. Celtic gold is neccesary in the game as dollars is in rl. The fact that people spend money on gold and plat shows they will pay a price for the gold. You can make an argument that Celtic heroes gold is worthless, you can make an argument tht the dollar is a scam but if you spend real money on the game (which is essential for the game to live) you are theoretically supporting the value of the currency. So ZYZ you are supporting the fact that Celtic heroes gold has value through ur wallet (which btw is an amazing thing as your keeping the game afloat)

Orrrrrr I want some lix and stuff so it's easier to level and kill bosses for bandage wounds bracers and energy harvest skulls. At the end of the day, monopoly money is just as valuable as celtic hero gold.
Indirectly adding actually value to gold :) you are paying otm for tht gold thus making the value real that is how otm makes all of its money through plat sales.

Your not doing anything wrong infact what your doing is great!! Don't deny the value you add ik you like being humble but recognize that your wallet is doing all the talking

Tht homeless person is much richer than the the person with a trillion Zimbabwe currency. The exchange rate is like a dollar for 35Quadrillian Zimbabweans currency. It got so bad tht they discontinued the currency here is proof look at the link

https://www.rt.com/business/267244-zimb ... inflation/
Talking about what your analogy was referencing, I couldn't care less the exchange rates of Zimbabwe
The exchange rate is part of my analogy buddy tht was the whole point tht ur server gold is over inflated so my gold on Donn has more buying power
it doesnt because they have alot more than you, your trying to say your richer than them.. your not.. stop crying
Oderint Dum Metuant.

U didn't get the point of my analogy then....

The whole point is tht ik they have a lot of gold but it is due to the result of hyperinflation

On Donn prices r low and it is a defkated server the other guy may have 900mill and I have 300mil but my stuff would be worth more on ur server I'd probably have a 1billion+ eval conservatively

it doesnt because they have alot more than you, your trying to say your richer than them.. your not.. stop crying
When your economy has bad inflation, everyone is rich.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

When gold is worthless(or close to it), the people who have the high demand/good items are ''rich''(as they have stuff the others cannot afford).
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

When gold is worthless(or close to it), the people who have the high demand/good items are ''rich''(as they have stuff the others cannot afford).
That is a way to protect against inflation.