Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Attack on Endgame Bosses

Great topic! Actually have a small project going now trying to figure out the defense on end game bosses. Turning in Fast Graphics in the game settings allows you to see only your dmg so it's easy to see how often you're hitting and the amount of damage you're doing.

Doing only auto atks now and will expand it later to skill hits landing which is a more involved study. Landing 90% of your autos is pretty ambitious. Necro has between 5,000 and 6,000 defense. Assuming the following is still accurate:

% autos landing = atk/(atk + defense)

You'll need between 45,000-54,000 atk to get to 90%. Get a good smoke bomb in there that could drop defense by say ~2000? Still need 30,000-40,000 atk. Unless you got some crazy gear and build, landing autos closer to 60-70% on end game bosses is probably a more realistic goal.

How can you put a percentage on attacks landed based on "feel" I don't understand. 7.6 attack seems low to be landing 70-80 percent of the time. Of course I have not done any testing. Rangers that get kill on Proteus in my clan have about 10-12k attack on lix I believe.

With 7.6k attack I felt like it was 70%-80% hit rate on proteus.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

How can you put a percentage on attacks landed based on "feel" I don't understand. 7.6 attack seems low to be landing 70-80 percent of the time. Of course I have not done any testing. Rangers that get kill on Proteus in my clan have about 10-12k attack on lix I believe.

With 7.6k attack I felt like it was 70%-80% hit rate on proteus.
His englando is not perfect, and neither is what I assume is his estimation("feel").

You can run tests on each individual boss and try to figure some arbitrary hit rate out. But let me ask you, how will you optimize your build once you find out this number? I imagine it's very different for each boss. Plus, what's an acceptable trade off for damage/stats/skills to attack; meaning, how will you decide for example if the extra 1% hit rate compares against 100 fire damage? It's far too complicated to just guesstimate every boss and choosing an "acceptable" attack rate will be different for everyone.

Until a true formula is brought to light and the defence and resist stats of every single mob becomes available, your best bet is to just add as much of every stat you can. The major key is to wear what will give you the most overall stats opposed to just one relatively large stat bonus.

It's just a shame that OTM thinks that it's fun and exciting to keep things like this secret. That we should always be on our toes or something. The reality is this lack of transparency is what brings all these conspiracies up, especially with the lack of patch notes and secret changes. Not saying OTM does ninja patchesKappa but as said, this lack of transparency is what makes people believe it, and the denial of change to the system supports it.
Good discussion boys

[/list]
You can run tests on each individual boss and try to figure some arbitrary hit rate out. But let me ask you, how will you optimize your build once you find out this number? I imagine it's very different for each boss. Plus, what's an acceptable trade off for damage/stats/skills to attack; meaning, how will you decide for example if the extra 1% hit rate compares against 100 fire damage? It's far too complicated to just guesstimate every boss and choosing an "acceptable" attack rate will be different for everyone.
You're correct in that figuring out how to best optimize auto atks and skills will be a challenge. It may even be impossible to derive a true formula of optimal dps empirically. But we gotta start from somewhere. And I can answer the 1% hit rate versus 100 fire damage question now. Shown below is a calulation method I'm using. Translation is as follows:

Dmg: Auto damage
A: Attack Stat
D: Assumed Defense of Mob
H%: Calculated percentage of auto atk landing
Hit Util: (Dmg) x (H%). Basically a normalized dmg value per hit.

The 2136 damage build is with a Darkscale Helm of the Sun equipped - adds 100 heat damage.
The 2036 damage build is with a Darkscale helm of Crusades equipped - adds 600 atk stat.
ht util.png
ht util.png (36.68 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
For low mob defense, the 100 extra damage from the Sun Helm is definitely better. In fact it's better up to 7,000 defense on a mob. However, there's an inflection point between 7,000 and 8,000 defense. For any mob defense higher than this, the Crusades Helm will output better auto atk damage. By figuring out the defense of mobs and particularly end game bosses, a melee class can at least optimize their build for auto atk dps.

[/list]
You're correct in that figuring out how to best optimize auto atks and skills will be a challenge. It may even be impossible to derive a true formula of optimal dps empirically. But we gotta start from somewhere. And I can answer the 1% hit rate versus 100 fire damage question now. Shown below is a calulation method I'm using. Translation is as follows:

Dmg: Auto damage
A: Attack Stat
D: Assumed Defense of Mob
H%: Calculated percentage of auto atk landing
Hit Util: (Dmg) x (H%). Basically a normalized dmg value per hit.

The 2136 damage build is with a Darkscale Helm of the Sun equipped - adds 100 heat damage.
The 2036 damage build is with a Darkscale helm of Crusades equipped - adds 600 atk stat.
ht util.png
For low mob defense, the 100 extra damage from the Sun Helm is definitely better. In fact it's better up to 7,000 defense on a mob. However, there's an inflection point between 7,000 and 8,000 defense. For any mob defense higher than this, the Crusades Helm will output better auto atk damage. By figuring out the defense of mobs and particularly end game bosses, a melee class can at least optimize their build for auto atk dps.
nerd,
~Exe~
I'm looking to change the perception of people and all of the beautiful things that it brings,-Exe2k15
Executive of Epona
Beetlejuice of Donn
Clan: Concordiia
Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1strz ... vH82nKhe4Q