Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Server Gear Distribution

So it's not a bidding system then? Whoever has the most points gets the item?
My clan has been using a fixed point system per item and all eligible people with points who want an item roll. But lately for event drops we are using a dkp system of hidden bidding. You place a bid of points if you want an item. Hidden bidding gets people to put what they want and makes running up bidding difficult (we never had this problem). Returning an item gets you 75% points back.

So yes basically the person with the most points gets the item. It's a better system than fixed point rolling in my opinion, I'm hoping we adopt it on everything.
Removal of BoE certainly made "returning" items easier. It was such a tough thing getting Royal or Imperial ring and then a Godly will drop later and the person had already spent points on it.
I'm not a fan of bidding systems, no matter what form. Variable item values just has a lot of problems IMO. If you have 5000 points and one has 1000 points, the item ratio should be 5:1 (assuming all item values are equal)

Bidding wars (hidden or not) totally skews the system. Sure you can blow your points into that one uber Void/Godly item, but I'd rather get 3 Imperials to your 1 Godly.
Last edited by Aileron on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

A less active person won't have as much dkp as an active one, some people the extremely active ones have 5000+ dkp, the less active are sitting around 2000-3000 and the active but not on all the time 3000+.

If a void helm of the moon drops, the rogue with 5000 will bid 4000 dkp and easily outbid the rogues with 2000-3000 dkp
What if I played actively for 2 years and hoarded dkp, and then due to rl I need to play only on weekends, how can those active people who joined 3-4 months ago outbid me on a very rare item drop? Unless your definition of "active" is based on lifetime stay in clan.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Removal of BoE certainly made "returning" items easier. It was such a tough thing getting Royal or Imperial ring and then a Godly will drop later and the person had already spent points on it.
I'm not a fan of bidding systems, no matter what form. Variable item values just has a lot of problems IMO. If you have 5000 points and one has 1000 points, the item ratio should be 5:1 (assuming all item values are equal)

Bidding wars (hidden or not) totally skews the system. Sure you can blow your points into that one uber Void/Godly item, but I'd rather get 3 Imperials to your 1 Godly.
I typically would rather have one godly, though now with hotbar slots maybe. I'd still want two best items than 5 good ones though.

Also items may be worth different amounts to different people. I always use breath as I'm never in a group smaller than 5. A clan mate who rarely uses breath won an imperial mord brace by rolling. The point value was low and typically no one really wants breath items much. I however would have spent whatever it took as I find it more useful than touch. Hidden bidding reduces bidding wars.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

How points do you earn off let's say a stone fang kill?
Why are you asking stupid pointless questions? We are actually having a discussion here.. GTFO back to offtopic forums
Watch your tongue brat. I see no need for me to leave i asked a simple question no need to be a *** about it you could have simply ignored it and avoided this.
Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you.

I just wanted to get an idea of how this point system works. It is also relevant to the topic so i see no problem with me asking that question either ignore it or answer it simple as that no need to start a fight here
Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you.

I just wanted to get an idea of how this point system works. It is also relevant to the topic so i see no problem with me asking that question either ignore it or answer it simple as that no need to start a fight here
Aeon's (and 99% of endgame clans') point systems only extend to Dragonlord, Exhalted Dragonlord, Raid Bosses, and the level 210 event bosses. Meteoric (Astral, Cosmic, Zodiac, etc) and Frozen Meteoric bosses are generally not included in point systems, as the levels required to obtain those armors are significantly beyond the endgame scope.

We tried a non-hidden bidding point system for Osan - it failed, as purposefully running people up was discouraged. I had the largest amount of points for the Druids, and won a Blazing necklace for the minimum amount of points as no one wanted to bet against me! Hidden so far seems to work well : you bid what the item is worth to you, knowing that if you and one other person bid high it will be expensive. This forced clannies to conserve their points and only use them for items they actually want and would use.

I personally really like Aeon's system - it is a good balance of bidding, rolling, and awarding those who camp.
World Taranis

- Regenleif -
Rachmaninoff
Aedin Flameborn

Former Leader in theILLUMINATI, Aeon, and Taranis United

I am a Guide! If you need any tips/help/advice, Click Here to send me a message!

Aeon's (and 99% of endgame clans') point systems only extend to Dragonlord, Exhalted Dragonlord, Raid Bosses, and the level 210 event bosses. Meteoric (Astral, Cosmic, Zodiac, etc) and Frozen Meteoric bosses are generally not included in point systems, as the levels required to obtain those armors are significantly beyond the endgame scope.

We tried a non-hidden bidding point system for Osan - it failed, as purposefully running people up was discouraged. I had the largest amount of points for the Druids, and won a Blazing necklace for the minimum amount of points as no one wanted to bet against me! Hidden so far seems to work well : you bid what the item is worth to you, knowing that if you and one other person bid high it will be expensive. This forced clannies to conserve their points and only use them for items they actually want and would use.

I personally really like Aeon's system - it is a good balance of bidding, rolling, and awarding those who camp.
Thank you for this detailed answer I enjoyed reading it! Enjoy your evening Mr.Regen

A less active person won't have as much dkp as an active one, some people the extremely active ones have 5000+ dkp, the less active are sitting around 2000-3000 and the active but not on all the time 3000+.

If a void helm of the moon drops, the rogue with 5000 will bid 4000 dkp and easily outbid the rogues with 2000-3000 dkp
What if I played actively for 2 years and hoarded dkp, and then due to rl I need to play only on weekends, how can those active people who joined 3-4 months ago outbid me on a very rare item drop? Unless your definition of "active" is based on lifetime stay in clan.
Okay what if you played for 2 years actively and was taking a month break, in that month a void moon helm drops and because you weren't active your 2 years counts for nothing and it goes to someone who joined a few weeks ago who has been on consistently, the only reason you lost was because you took a break
Oderint Dum Metuant.

How points do you earn off let's say a stone fang kill?
Why are you asking stupid pointless questions? We are actually having a discussion here.. GTFO back to offtopic forums
Watch your tongue brat. I see no need for me to leave i asked a simple question no need to be a ***** about it you could have simply ignored it and avoided this.
Stonefang can be killed in 10 seconds by 1 person now, how is your post anything other than an attempt at being funny in a smartass way
Oderint Dum Metuant.