Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 100 strength vs 100 heat/cold damage

Str vs elemental... Rogue I'd rather Str, ranger I'd rather heat/cold. Not sure on warriors, probably Str too
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

It all depends on class again. Since rogues and warriors have str skills the extra 100 str would boost all those skills as well as provide damage. Ranger on the other hand will only get a boost to their Pierce damage from the 100 str, which imo is not as good as the elemental damage since peirce is heavily resisted.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Strength scales as the square root and is roughly half or just over half the damage determining factor.

So going from 100 -> 200 is like 1 -> 1.4 or 40% more, this will boost autos and skills 20-25% which is probably close to or over 100 at these low amounts.

Going from 1400-1500 is like 3.74 -> 3.87 or 3.5% more, this will boost autos and skills 1.75-2.2% which is quite a bit less than 100 at these levels.

Using the skill and auto formulas it becomes obvious why everyone prefers direct damage additions, it does not suffer from the "plateu" (actually just a square root).
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I don't have any fancy forumla but I did go ahead and put on/take off a 100 strength ring to check what it gave me as a full strength level 222 rogue.

from 1350 to 1450 strength my stat increases were as follows:

Auto Damage +38, Quickstrike Damage +97, Assasinate Damage +222, Sneaky Attack Damage +301

In my opinion, this outweighs 100 fire or cold damge added to auto attack alone. I dont think I would ever equip a ring on my rogue that had nothing but elemental damage on it. For ranger it may be a different story since the skills are dex based.

If you're comparing a valor ring to a godly hrung damage ring its not even a competition due to the attack and health on the valor. I think even on a ranger there is no comparison and the valor ring would be superior regardless.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

^Except 100 dmg would be , +100 auto damage, + 100 assassinate, +100 sneaky, and with the auto's speed, with how long sneaky's cooldown is and same for assassinate not to mention its only usable at 30% I think autos provide a greater dps, I may be wrong as Im a warrior, but as a warrior Id prefer direct dmg as even if Pummel will have 10k dmg it'll hit low on bosses, double is the most dps skill affected directly by dmg more than str, Rupture is good but for few extra DoT dmg I wouldnt take str (my str is 2025 and Rupture ticks 1174) and shatter.... Meh.

Overall Id take the elemental dmg, more dmg never hurts as long as u dont sacrifice other stats too much, but more str isnt always that good, even when u have 230 pierce dmg and Frenzy.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

You make a good point, I forgot the dmg ring adds to sneaky and assasinate as well. If the ring has additional stats like health and attack in addition to strength that would still be my choice. I suppose it's debatable if not.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

Only direct dmg rings worth equipping is poison dmg rings(for appropriate bosses) and the new divine dmg ones. Forget heat/cold/magic damage rings. The boosts to sneaky and assassinate isnt even worth mentioning,two highly resisted fluctuating skills,one of which can plummet dps if missed.

To OP , depends on boss too. If im fighting some edls like gron,ilfryn Id use heat dmg ammy, for levelling,dls Id use wyld ammy.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan