Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Device Performance Issues

The iOS required did change. I meant I did not update my iOS, it was already updated. So I did not have to change it.
Ah, what I was saying before though was the closer you get to what your device supports as its maximum update the more chance you have to crash/disconnect constantly (Edit: This is due to the processing power of your device compared to what today's generation of devices are capable of processing, Like an average jogger trying to keep up with an Olympic runner in a race). There is only a small amount OTM can do before your device is rendered obsolete.
AlexTheL3gend - 220+ Warrior - Morrigan
Incineration - 205+ Ranger - Morrigan
Devastate - 180+ Rogue - Morrigan
Proud Clansman of Clan Avalon

The iOS required did change. I meant I did not update my iOS, it was already updated. So I did not have to change it.
Ah, what I was saying before though was the closer you get to what your device supports as its maximum update the more chance you have to crash/disconnect constantly. This is just a marketing ploy Apple has made to get people like us who use old devices to upgrade and spend more money on their company. There is only a small amount OTM can do before your device is rendered obsolete.
I have completed college coursework in CS and know how to program in several languages, though I do not know swift. But what you said is basically totally untrue.

How it works is OS get bigger and bigger, more and more bloated. Siri this, blah blah that. So when you try to run iOS 8 on an iPhone 4 you are likes to have issues. It has absolutely nothing to do with the actual code. Some exceptions are usually the first major iOS version update, say 8.0 May have older device optimization issues that may be fixed in 8.1. However iOS 7.1 will likely run better than 8.1 simply due to bloat.

It's half a ploy and half due to moore's law and people wanting thier mobile device to be everything a pc was 5 years ago.

You don't update the iOS and the game hardly changes you shouldn't be crashing all the time. It's buggy and badly optimized.
Last edited by Plus3 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Ah, what I was saying before though was the closer you get to what your device supports as its maximum update the more chance you have to crash/disconnect constantly. This is just a marketing ploy Apple has made to get people like us who use old devices to upgrade and spend more money on their company. There is only a small amount OTM can do before your device is rendered obsolete.
I have completed college coursework in CS and know how to program in several languages, though I do not know swift. But what you said is basically totally untrue.

How it works is OS get bigger and bigger, more and more bloated. Siri this, blah blah that. So when you try to run iOS 8 on an iPhone 4 you are likes to have issues. It has absolutely nothing to do with the actual code. Some exceptions are usually the first major iOS version update, say 8.0 May have older device optimization issues that may be fixed in 8.1. However iOS 7.1 will likely run better than 8.1 simply due to bloat.

It's half a ploy and half due to moore's law and people wanting thier mobile device to be everything a pc was 5 years ago.
So you're saying a device with 4th gen processing power should still be able to run iOS 6 equivalent smoothly?

So you're saying a device with 4th gen processing power should still be able to run iOS 6 equivalent smoothly?
I'm saying when you are already running iOS 7 and the game does not change significantly it should not go from stable and fine to crashing. It's bad coding, poor optimization, and likely poor testing before release.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I'm saying when you are already running iOS 7 and the game does not change significantly it should not go from stable and fine to crashing. It's bad coding, poor optimization, and likely poor testing before release.
Fair enough, I was just putting out my general knowledge of device depreciation. Testing was probably poor because after phase 1 of beta it died off lol

Further by disenfranchising yourself from everyone but iPad air 2 and iPhone 6 (maybe ipod6) holders you are shooting 90% of your revenue stream in the foot.

Other, much more rich and detailed worlds, on mobile platforms (oac) run so much more smoothly with so much more detail it shows you how a small indie company like OTM has issues.

Overall I like the game more, kudos to oTM, but the new engine was bungled so badly I almost quit.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Stop the "Im smarter than you" contest please!

This is a serious issue! Whether it has to do with idevice or ios or whatever, MANY players are experiencing the constant lag and crashes, so please do something to fix it or you will lose more players.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Stop the "Im smarter than you" contest please!

This is a serious issue! Whether it has to do with idevice or ios or whatever, MANY players are experiencing the constant lag and crashes, so please do something to fix it or you will lose more players.
It's not an I'm smarter than you contest.

It's explaining to someone who doesn't know how or why the game is functioning poorly what is actually up.

It is frustrating enough to have a shiny nice new event and not be able to play without people saying its your device that's at fault or apples fault for planned obsolescence
220+ toons

Toon histogram: