Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Fashion question to OTM

I'm not much of a collector of fashion, but why is Red fashion always the most common and White the most rare?

Color rarity and preference is quite subjective. Also the random element in chests also doesn't mean that white is going to be the most rare, so why bother putting a rarity property on fashion items?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Fashion question to OTM

Because if there weren't rankings on the fashion people would only be concerned with how the fashion looked.
With the rarity on the fashion, it inherently pushes people, especially the competative ones or collectors, to strive to get the highest rarity and consequently more chests are sold. It's purely a business decision.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Because if there weren't rankings on the fashion people would only be concerned with how the fashion looked.
With the rarity on the fashion, it inherently pushes people, especially the competative ones or collectors, to strive to get the highest rarity and consequently more chests are sold. It's purely a business decision.
so tell me why is red always the most common? Because the fashion designer at OTM dislikes red?

being concerned about how fashion looks.....lol. isn't that what fashion is supposed to be about?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

It's quite stupid. I feel like if rarity should exist then rarity should be based on the level of detail of the fashion item, like the boggan charms were(only 3 tiers please!) I hate that I really like how red fashion looks but I can't wear it without being comparable to a level 5 noob, and I hate that I can't wear black without hoping I get that super rare chance to wear a colour I like.

Thing is rare and exclusive items ruin economies and these discontinued fashion pieces and mounts are nothing different.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

It's quite stupid. I feel like if rarity should exist then rarity should be based on the level of detail of the fashion item, like the boggan charms were(only 3 tiers please!) I hate that I really like how red fashion looks but I can't wear it without being comparable to a level 5 noob, and I hate that I can't wear black without hoping I get that super rare chance to wear a colour I like.

Thing is rare and exclusive items ruin economies and these discontinued fashion pieces and mounts are nothing different.
+1 I really like red fashion, but its not "rare" so people think its stupid. Well, I don't like white fashion much and I love blue and black, so what is the point in fashion color rarity tiers? I like your idea, and maybe you could do different patterns?
★ℚʊɛɛɳ øƒ Ғɑṩɧɪøɳ
iOS Player since 2011
Name: Killerado
World: Morrigan
I'm a Forums Guide, if you need help feel free to PM me
Rainbow Color
ケルトの戦士 (Keruto no senshi, Celtic Warriors)
Esquilax is the best!

How does a rare item ruin an entire economy?

I also fail to see how if you prefer to wear red, it should matter how others view your toon.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

so tell me why is red always the most common? Because the fashion designer at OTM dislikes red?

being concerned about how fashion looks.....lol. isn't that what fashion is supposed to be about?
Well if you remember back to a time before rarity in the description the color order was very similar. They simply added rarity to the description with a few order changes. Obviously order is a subjective decision, I think you're smart enough to know that.

Concern about how it looks is obviously what it's supposed to be about, again, you're posing questions we all know the answers to. What you seem to not like or are not understanding are OTM's business practices. They take common, proven sales concepts and apply those to the game, and they do it very successfully. If you're wanting them to take those concepts out, well, you will be disappointed. OTM like any other company needs to make money.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.