Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

Been hearing that CH population is dropping after I took a 2 year break from the game. Thinking of coming back but I'm not really sure if I should. Does CH still have hope?

If I were to come back, what is the best dps class for end game bosses? Mage or rogue? Getting things like rogues autos are useless, shadowstrike doesnt hit 90% of the time blah blah blah. Would some level 200 mage/rogue please tell me what its really like at endgame now? Thanks
Taranis (Inactive)
JustBattle-lv 100 mage
JustKill-lv 37 Hybrid dps ranger

Balor
Blake-lv 39 Rogue

One with the light, one with the dark

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

Do both :3 perfect pair
World: LUGH
Class: Mage(reytch)-Rogue(OnceBitten)-Druid(TwiceShy)
Level: 221-223-205
RETIRED

World: EPONA
Clan: SizeMatters
Class: Mage(Mahikera/Niebe/ChocolateMastah)-Rogue(Balisong)-Druid(Albularya)-Warrior(Mandarangan)-Ranger(Palaso)
Level: 225/224/170-224-233-226-225

Relax folks...everything RESPAWNS!
I'm a MIRROR, how I treat you is a mere reflection of how you are to me.

I got a great thought. Be a rogue, heres why.

Mages keep getting focus and fire/ice magic on their gear, both plateau. Rogues keep getting damage on their gear, which doesnt. So it would make more sence to make a rogue.

A high lv rogue's damage matchs the power of a high lv mage with their spells. Mages cannot level skills beyond 50, but rogues autos/wep damage affected skills can still increased with damage bonuses. These increases will always be effective, adding 1 damage will always add 1 damage. Adding 1 focus is a variable number that gives less per point that is already in it.

Thinking about the future of your class is important, itll come in handy later ;)
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Levelling both is definitely not an option for me. We all know how much of a grind it is especially for a free player. Are those mages getting kills usually fire mages with incinerate? And for the rogues/rangers owning in sewers and Carrow, are they usually auto builds or skill? Also, which bosses have high skill evades/auto evades?
Taranis (Inactive)
JustBattle-lv 100 mage

Balor
Blake-lv 39 Rogue

Levelling both is definitely not an option for me. We all know how much of a grind it is especially for a free player. Are those mages getting kills usually fire mages with incinerate? And for the rogues/rangers owning in sewers and Carrow, are they usually auto builds or skill? Also, which bosses have high skill evades/auto evades?
Dont count ice out for boss kills ;)
For bosses though and evades, as a ice mage with 3100 ice magic i hit about 80-90% of the time.
For autos its impossible to tell because bosses are blocking the numbers, or because the numbers go so fast with alot of players attacking.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Fire mage has better dps theoretically but let's not talk about that here. So at end game, mages/rogues are about on par for getting boss kills? Or is it almost always rogues like before?
Depends, if theres a assassin lure on the boss rogues tend to get the kill, if theres not a mage can sometimes.

A rogue is most likely "stronger", but they can't reduce an enemies resistance to 0/near zero values. Rogues lack a armor/resist reduction skill, and therefore do less damage unless there is a armor/resist reducing skill in play.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Well what's more important to you? Having your toon name saying it killed the boss or playing a character you enjoy more?

In my clan, we have a player that has leveled a warrior, rogue, and mage past 190. He prefers his warrior of all 3.

Our 220 mage sometimes gets the kill over our 205 rogue and visa versa.

There's a long journey to end game. What would you enjoy playing the most along the way.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I've played mage and rogue enough to know I like mage just a little bit more. But with its energy problems and such, I dont know what to choose. Plus I dont have sigils so I dont even know if I can be a good dps mage in long fights even with e boost.
Taranis (Inactive)
JustBattle-lv 100 mage

Balor
Blake-lv 39 Rogue