Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#22
One of the issues I've noticed...at least used to be an issue is those rogues for some reason that are so concerned with who gets the kill wouldn't want to do adds. And the would complain about it. It doesn't matter whose name is on the who got the kill because if everyone doesn't help on adds, no one is getting the kill because the group wipes out.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#23
Zyz wrote:One of the issues I've noticed...at least used to be an issue is those rogues for some reason that are so concerned with who gets the kill wouldn't want to do adds. And the would complain about it. It doesn't matter whose name is on the who got the kill because if everyone doesn't help on adds, no one is getting the kill because the group wipes out.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#24
Once they are both endgame, they each have some give and take, and I'd even call it relatively balanced, especially compared to in the past. What people aren't bringing up that is worth realizing though is the time and difficulty in leveling the two classes. Rogues are easier to level by far; it is easier to solo and you get more xp per lix. That being said, as a 200+ mage, im getting roughly 7% per lix using an sk and hero e solo, which isn't terrible (I also have some sigils) Just pray you don't have many 4*s spawn haha.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#26
brian777 wrote:Quite variable, we have a 221 ice mage a 220 fire mage and some 220+ rogues, the ice mage and the rogues tend to trade off pretty equally on kills for edl, rogues usually get mord/hrung kills, but mages rule the event bosses.


I'm puzzled. I thought fire mages have better long term dps? Also, I dont see how mages can outdps rogues since rogues have crazy autos. Can someone give me some numbers on a particular end game boss? Thanks
Taranis (Inactive)
JustBattle-lv 100 mage
JustKill-lv 37 Hybrid dps ranger

Balor
Blake-lv 39 Rogue

One with the light, one with the dark

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#27
JustBattle wrote:
brian777 wrote:Quite variable, we have a 221 ice mage a 220 fire mage and some 220+ rogues, the ice mage and the rogues tend to trade off pretty equally on kills for edl, rogues usually get mord/hrung kills, but mages rule the event bosses.


I'm puzzled. I thought fire mages have better long term dps? Also, I dont see how mages can outdps rogues since rogues have crazy autos. Can someone give me some numbers on a particular end game boss? Thanks

Ice mage uses full edl, fire mage uses occult for the increase in dmg over the skill boosts and fire magic edl gives, which i believe gives less dps since fire magic increases chance to hit.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#28
JustBattle wrote:
brian777 wrote:Quite variable, we have a 221 ice mage a 220 fire mage and some 220+ rogues, the ice mage and the rogues tend to trade off pretty equally on kills for edl, rogues usually get mord/hrung kills, but mages rule the event bosses.


I'm puzzled. I thought fire mages have better long term dps? Also, I dont see how mages can outdps rogues since rogues have crazy autos. Can someone give me some numbers on a particular end game boss? Thanks

Fire mages do, however ice mages have better short term dps. If its a quick kill, ice is better. And there's a point where fire and ice intersect in dps. Also theres the possibility that the ice mage has a better build/gear then the fire mage.

Mages hit higher then rogues, but less frequently. They are very close in dps. Also mage lures help rogues hit high on bosses.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/ecQbSXV

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#29
Furyion wrote:
JustBattle wrote:
brian777 wrote:Quite variable, we have a 221 ice mage a 220 fire mage and some 220+ rogues, the ice mage and the rogues tend to trade off pretty equally on kills for edl, rogues usually get mord/hrung kills, but mages rule the event bosses.


I'm puzzled. I thought fire mages have better long term dps? Also, I dont see how mages can outdps rogues since rogues have crazy autos. Can someone give me some numbers on a particular end game boss? Thanks

Fire mages do, however ice mages have better short term dps. If its a quick kill, ice is better. And there's a point where fire and ice intersect in dps. Also theres the possibility that the ice mage has a better build/gear then the fire mage.

Mages hit higher then rogues, but less frequently. They are very close in dps. Also mage lures help rogues hit high on bosses.


Since you say dps between mage and rogue are similar on bosses, can you provide some numbers? I read about rogues hitting 1k per hit with autos and 4k shadowstrike. That alone can equate to the dps of a fireball of 6k. Not sure how true these are and there's still evades to consider. In general for end game bosses, what do you usually see for a rogue/mage?

I imagine its miss-dodge-miss-dodge-1k-shadowstrike 4k for a rogue and 6k firebolt-useless wand attack-6k firebolt-miss-6k firebolt
Taranis (Inactive)
JustBattle-lv 100 mage
JustKill-lv 37 Hybrid dps ranger

Balor
Blake-lv 39 Rogue

One with the light, one with the dark

Re: Mage or Rogue and the real state of CH now?

#30
No way someone is hitting 4k ss on anything much less a boss unless they are dex build, and even then that means their skills like sneaky qs dbl all are low dps...autos are about 1k if you have full dl...but i couldn't say how often they hit,,,no way to know on a boss really
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zkills and 17 guests