Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The end?

Tower update is coming, along with an increased level cap and higher armor tiers, along with THE endgame boss. So the current endgame players will race to lvl and be the top, kill all the new dl bosses, kill the new endgame, explore. But then what? Yes there is going to be crafting and bounty boards and such, is it just going to settle into the same grind? Is this even the end? Is another update going to come with the same general new features? This update will further the gap between any new players and people who have been playing for months and years, because even if you lvl 24/7 it's going to take you weeks to months to hit 240. When is it time to stop and improve the game instead of just giving a new grind to the ever decreasing player base?
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Re: The end?

Tower update is coming, along with an increased level cap and higher armor tiers, along with THE endgame boss. So the current endgame players will race to lvl and be the top, kill all the new dl bosses, kill the new endgame, explore. But then what? Yes there is going to be crafting and bounty boards and such, is it just going to settle into the same grind? Is this even the end? Is another update going to come with the same general new features? This update will further the gap between any new players and people who have been playing for months and years, because even if you lvl 24/7 it's going to take you weeks to months to hit 240. When is it time to stop and improve the game instead of just giving a new grind to the ever decreasing player base?
Its supposed to take months to reach the best level in the game. Ever play heroes and generals? I know people who have been playing that game for a year plus actively and aren't even remotely close to being the highest level. You get maybe 2,000 xp in 30 minutes. That's for pretty skilled players. Check out how much xp is needed towards the higher levels
http://heroesandgenerals.gamepedia.com/Ranks

CH is easy. Other MMOs are way more grind intensive so stop whining.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

Its supposed to take months to reach the best level in the game. Ever play heroes and generals? I know people who have been playing that game for a year plus actively and aren't even remotely close to being the highest level. You get maybe 2,000 xp in 30 minutes. That's for pretty skilled players. Check out how much xp is needed towards the higher levels

From what i can gather the game you mentioned is pc. this is mobile. Also players have wanted the lvl cap to stop for a while now, could you possibly imagine without lix the amount of time it would take to reach the new lvl cap? Im pretty sure most casual players would quit out around 150 or maybe even 100. This game has gone from casual to hardcore in the past few expansions and not a lot of people have stuck around. If a cap was implemented a long time ago we would already have crafting, bounty board, fishing etc etc. But it is continuing to go vertical and bit is asking to what end. Your post is quite off topic when it comes to talking about ch. No one is whining, only you being moody. These grinds have decreased the play base and you would have to be foolish to think it hasnt.

I hope OTM focusing strictly on horizontal content as of now.

From what i can gather the game you mentioned is pc. this is mobile. Also players have wanted the lvl cap to stop for a while now, could you possibly imagine without lix the amount of time it would take to reach the new lvl cap? Im pretty sure most casual players would quit out around 150 or maybe even 100. This game has gone from casual to hardcore in the past few expansions and not a lot of people have stuck around. If a cap was implemented a long time ago we would already have crafting, bounty board, fishing etc etc. But it is continuing to go vertical and bit is asking to what end. Your post is quite off topic when it comes to talking about ch. No one is whining, only you being moody. These grinds have decreased the play base and you would have to be foolish to think it hasnt.

I hope OTM focusing strictly on horizontal content as of now.

+1 to your last statement... And the one about lvl cap being implemented sooner .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

They should make the last level harder to attain and reward the people who reach there in a certain amount of time.

Ex. Lvl229 can be attained through normal grinding but to get to lvl230, it would take perhaps 10 times more exp, and the reward can be a mount or fashion.
Wattzon of Sulis

For horizontal content, I hope that OTM makes more zones to level in. OaC has a bunch of zones that have mobs with similar levels, giving people a variety of places to level up in. In CH there are a limited amount of spaces, especially at the higher levels. For instance, if I want to level in a Firbolg cave and someone is already there, I can't level up because there is no where else to do it. Same with Mordris's cave. I just have to log out and find another place to go. When I'm logged out OTM isn't making money off me.

Now Gelebron's tower will help this somewhat because we have learned that level 170 is the ideal level there, because that was a prerequisite to get into beta testing. So there will be some overlap with Carrowmore to level in. But as the level cap goes up (190+) the only place to level will be in the tower. Which will again crowd everyone into an area making them fight over mobs.

I hope that new areas will be added, but have the same level of mobs. And please learn from the mistakes in the sewers, and the successes in Carrowmore. There needs to areas to level up in with mobs tightly clustered together. The sewers doesn't have this, and sucks to level in. Therefore, no one goes there except for bosses and hawkhurst chests.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

For horizontal content, I hope that OTM makes more zones to level in. OaC has a bunch of zones that have mobs with similar levels, giving people a variety of places to level up in. In CH there are a limited amount of spaces, especially at the higher levels. For instance, if I want to level in a Firbolg cave and someone is already there, I can't level up because there is no where else to do it. Same with Mordris's cave. I just have to log out and find another place to go. When I'm logged out OTM isn't making money off me.

Now Gelebron's tower will help this somewhat because we have learned that level 170 is the ideal level there, because that was a prerequisite to get into beta testing. So there will be some overlap with Carrowmore to level in. But as the level cap goes up (190+) the only place to level will be in the tower. Which will again crowd everyone into an area making them fight over mobs.

I hope that new areas will be added, but have the same level of mobs. And please learn from the mistakes in the sewers, and the successes in Carrowmore. There needs to areas to level up in with mobs tightly clustered together. The sewers doesn't have this, and sucks to level in. Therefore, no one goes there except for bosses and hawkhurst chests.
Personally i did lvl a bit in the sewers, on the zombies and the lizards but i do agree with everything you said. I am no endgame player myself but i think i understand how annoying this all is. When the "underworld"(u4) came out it gave a lot of new places to lvl, even if there were already mobs of those lvls. Something similar should come after the currently planned updates, staying at the cap set by the tower.
This will allow for more areas to lvl and maybe more quests as well. However, there have been some "mistakes" in fingals and sewers, for example the huge spaces in the entire western half of fingals and the kinda deserted southern half of the sewers.
Just my opinion, like i said, im no endgame player myself
JelleB 82 ranger (retired)
TheHealOfGod (finally)109+ druid
some other noob accounts
herne

It seems like every update they like to squeeze all the end game players into one tiny area and hope they get along.
v2 - druid pit
v3 - aggy cave
v4- mordy cave

In v5 I can only assume they are going to do the same.

But I think there should be more variety at all levels.
- The sewers should be made better by reviewing mob placement
- fingals south of the camp should be made better by reviewing mob placement
- more places to level at level 60 than just the blue wisp paths
- Alternatives to leveling in boggan caves from 150-170
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide