Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Forums vs Social Media

Restarts 99% of the time get announced in Announcements here on the forums, or General. They also get mentioned on Twitter.

Competitions and Winners are mentioned in Competitions and Giveaways as well as on the website and on Facebook and Twitter.

Developer Diaries / Updates are mentioned on Twitter and Facebook, the full post is made on the forums under announcements but also on the website under News.

Important Update information and Events information is always posted on the forums and website, and then on Twitter and Facebook as necessary.

To answer you regarding the new update in December, 4 admins (or more) were on the forums answering pm's and responding to posts on the forums for example, see http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=66657.
Twitter was updated in the same way but the posts in this regard are easier to track and available to the wider audience much easier.

Please pm me if you'd like to submit ideas for future news and announcement positions.
Terms of Service, Policies and Procedures: http://celtic-heroes.com/support/

I understand that by using social media the belief is that the game will grow outwards and attract new players through friends, family etc. HOWEVER, don't you think it would be valuable to post important information on the official forums rather than twitter? I don't think it's reasonable for the player base to have to constantly check facebook, twitter, and the forums just to get some information. In fact, I believe if anyone wants any real information it should initially come from the forums and then make it's way to social media afterwards. For instance when the new engine came out there were constant twitter updates but nothing on the forums and I can guarantee many(like me) thought OTM was keeping silent because we simply don't go on twitter. Thoughts?
Vulture your cute, come play wit me on lugh when new uodate comes :DDDD
HERNE AKA THE NEVER-ENDING WAR SERVER.
TOONS: KILP 220
ACTIVE

Restarts 99% of the time get announced in Announcements here on the forums, or General. They also get mentioned on Twitter.

Competitions and Winners are mentioned in Competitions and Giveaways as well as on the website and on Facebook and Twitter.

Developer Diaries / Updates are mentioned on Twitter and Facebook, the full post is made on the forums under announcements but also on the website under News.

Important Update information and Events information is always posted on the forums and website, and then on Twitter and Facebook as necessary.

To answer you regarding the new update in December, 4 admins (or more) were on the forums answering pm's and responding to posts on the forums for example, see http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... =4&t=66657.
Twitter was updated in the same way but the posts in this regard are easier to track and available to the wider audience much easier.

Please pm me if you'd like to submit ideas for future news and announcement positions.
Ahhh ok

I understand that by using social media the belief is that the game will grow outwards and attract new players through friends, family etc. HOWEVER, don't you think it would be valuable to post important information on the official forums rather than twitter? I don't think it's reasonable for the player base to have to constantly check facebook, twitter, and the forums just to get some information. In fact, I believe if anyone wants any real information it should initially come from the forums and then make it's way to social media afterwards. For instance when the new engine came out there were constant twitter updates but nothing on the forums and I can guarantee many(like me) thought OTM was keeping silent because we simply don't go on twitter. Thoughts?
Vulture your cute, come play wit me on lugh when new uodate comes :DDDD
Lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: