Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

new engine

An honest perspective of this new engine is that although there are several,several,several,several glitches,horrible idol idea,extreme prices,general lack of new content,absolute lack of concern for end game players opinion, the game is good. lets face it,the graphics are cool,and there is snow falling now. OTM for this game to be a success like it was before all these issues, you guys MUST take into account the end game players opinions. I realize right now you have many new players due to the appeal of the new graphics,but how many of these new players will stick with this game? What is the drawl after the newness wears off? Us end game players are the ones that have stuck with you all through everything, were the ones who buy the plat on a regular basis,yet our opinions no longer matter. Give this new engine/update a month or 2 and then see all these new players start to drop off. This is not an opinion,this is a fact. In order to keep us older players that have stuck with OTM throughout the years,you must not brush us under the rug. There has already been a large number of end game players take a long break in hopes of these issues being worked out,but we all know that you will not listen to our posts. These idols are the beginning of the end,and we all know there will be tons more things taken away out of greed. Greed is the only possible explanation for making these idols only return you with 1000 health. By doing this it forces players to buy your plat. in order to buy more and more pots,and useless idols. No excuse for this other than greed. This is only the beginning and we are not fools.

Re: new engine

I would argue that the new idols discourage players from zerg killing a boss, thus they spend plat less. It isnt exactly what otm would want if greed was the reason they changed it now is it?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

If greed were the only reason for the adjustment to idols, why did they add the timer to pots/idols/etc with update 3? Back before Otherworld, we were burning like 300-400 pots on a single Falgren kill. They added the timer to prevent bosses from being killed solely because your tank had enough health that he couldnt be one-hit killed. At first the players were up in arms about this radical change but once we got used to it, I think most of us grudgingly agreed that the pot timer was for the best.

My point is, how much of the feedback is because the change is actually bad as compared to complaining that something they are used to has changed? Besides, there is probably a 6-12 month supply of ancient idols floating around out there being horded by most of the plat buyers. So you should still be able to find the old ones until you are used to the new ones.
Lag: Rogue of Mabon
iLag, uLag, WeAllLag

I would argue that the new idols discourage players from zerg killing a boss, thus they spend plat less. It isnt exactly what otm would want if greed was the reason they changed it now is it?
Generating revenue is not greed but a necessary aspect of running a business. I would argue that the idol nerf is less about game play and more about producing revenue. To be clear, it is a good thing when OTM makes money. Let’s view this from the perspective of sales.

Imagine me as a Plat Item Salesman. I can sell you an idol for about 2 cents that restores you to full health. Or, I can sell you an idol that raises you to 1k health for the same price. By selling nerfed idols, I can also sell a resto and double my sales. Most likely you will tire of using restos and decide to buy sigils from me for about 20 cents each (Cha-CHING!). Clearly, selling nerfed idols makes good business sense.

You may be thinking “Well Mr. Plat Item Salesman, I will group a druid and avoid plat items”. I hope you take this approach because as a Plat Item Salesman, I LOVE druids. *rubs hands together* Druids often get caught in AoE so they will buy idols. Also, with the high energy demands of their skills they will buy restos for energy, energy lix, and sigils (Cha-CHING!).

Hold on. Can’t we just add a support mage to the group to provide energy for the druid? BUH-Hahaha! Oops, did I do that out loud? No matter. At a minimum, I will sell the mage the plat items that I would have sold to the druid. Most likely, the druid will discover that the mage can’t provide enough energy and guess what? I can sell to both mages and druids. Also, what will our kindly neighborhood druid when he or she can’t find a support mage? My shop is always open.

As a Plat Item Salesman, I don’t want to rely entirely on casters. Melee classes are welcome to purchase my wares as well. Oh, Excuse me but I have to go. I see a rogue who is clearly suffering from resto withdrawal. Mr. Rogue, How many restos would you like to buy? Oh, you only need a few to tide you over until you find a druid…

That was intended as a tongue-in-cheek view of sales but I hope everyone can understand that plat sales are necessary to keep CH running. If CH doesn’t generate revenue, OTM will re-allocate resources to more profitable aspects of their business. I would prefer that CH makes enough money to support further development of the game.

Clan: Ancients
RogerRanger 223
RogerDruid 160+
RogerRogue 160+
RogerWarrior 150+
RogerMage 110+

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Generating revenue is not greed but a necessary aspect of running a business. I would argue that the idol nerf is less about game play and more about producing revenue. To be clear, it is a good thing when OTM makes money. Let’s view this from the perspective of sales.

Imagine me as a Plat Item Salesman. I can sell you an idol for about 2 cents that restores you to full health. Or, I can sell you an idol that raises you to 1k health for the same price. By selling nerfed idols, I can also sell a resto and double my sales. Most likely you will tire of using restos and decide to buy sigils from me for about 20 cents each (Cha-CHING!). Clearly, selling nerfed idols makes good business sense.

You may be thinking “Well Mr. Plat Item Salesman, I will group a druid and avoid plat items”. I hope you take this approach because as a Plat Item Salesman, I LOVE druids. *rubs hands together* Druids often get caught in AoE so they will buy idols. Also, with the high energy demands of their skills they will buy restos for energy, energy lix, and sigils (Cha-CHING!).

Hold on. Can’t we just add a support mage to the group to provide energy for the druid? BUH-Hahaha! Oops, did I do that out loud? No matter. At a minimum, I will sell the mage the plat items that I would have sold to the druid. Most likely, the druid will discover that the mage can’t provide enough energy and guess what? I can sell to both mages and druids. Also, what will our kindly neighborhood druid when he or she can’t find a support mage? My shop is always open.

As a Plat Item Salesman, I don’t want to rely entirely on casters. Melee classes are welcome to purchase my wares as well. Oh, Excuse me but I have to go. I see a rogue who is clearly suffering from resto withdrawal. Mr. Rogue, How many restos would you like to buy? Oh, you only need a few to tide you over until you find a druid…

That was intended as a tongue-in-cheek view of sales but I hope everyone can understand that plat sales are necessary to keep CH running. If CH doesn’t generate revenue, OTM will re-allocate resources to more profitable aspects of their business. I would prefer that CH makes enough money to support further development of the game.
+1

The new idols arnt even as bad as everyone nakes them out to be. Got 2k ancient idols just sitting in my bank because i thought once idolf nerf hit id be screwed. Turns out i just had to slightly alter my build and can now make do just fine running on new idols.
World Herne
MerCiLeSs lvl 126+ warrior
MercHealer lvl 160+ druid