Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: First time you were scammed/tricked and how!

I've had someone PM me from a toon with a name that *looked* the same as a clannie's and try to fast-talk their way into getting me to loan my camo "to help them lix". The two reasons this didn't work:
1. I never loan lux
2. The toon being impersonated was actually *my* alt :lol:

With that said, I did once lose 42k to someone posing as an alt of a well-known, honest player saying they were selling bloodlust. I gave gold to the "alt" who said they would trade helmet from main but "something came up irl", so they would get me later. When I asked the main later when I could get helmet, they said they didn't have an alt by that name :(
Lag: Rogue of Mabon
iLag, uLag, WeAllLag

Some hot shot from the clan avalon in Morrigan offered 600k for my rare lvl 60 req quarts ranger bow and breast plate. The catch was he would only pay threw mail if i paid first -_- i said no to the point where he said i could ask any of his clan members if he was a scammer. But i realised if it came down to him scamming it would be his word vs mine and no one would bileave me. So i didnt trade and he got super pissed

I have never been scammed or tricked. U might call it a scam but I just call it a theft. Was nothing major, I was probably around lvl70 at the time back in Stonevale days (the best days of ch imo). I had a friend on the game that I talked to quite a bit and I needed a transfer of about 10k to my alt. So I traded them gave them the gold, then logged. Got on my other character to never find them ever again. Call it what u want but I have always looked at it as a theft. Ever since then I have never lended out gold or items (unless it's a item I don't care about) to anyone except for a select few that I have many connections with outside the game.