Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

Im not sure if this has been brought up or not yet, but it is really making me mad :P

There used to be this thing where if you wanted to talk to a certain and they weren't in your friends list or clan or area you could type "w ExampleName Blah blah blah blah blah" and it would directly send them a pm..... This feature is no longer availiable and makes communication hard :(... Fix it OTM :) Plz and Ty as always
Fingal-189 Ranger
killerpro-199 Warrior
X6caliXswag9X-190 Rogue
PoppaCherry-146 Druid
Gwydion
This Armour was forged by the legendary hero Fingal.....

Im not sure if this has been brought up or not yet, but it is really making me mad :P

There used to be this thing where if you wanted to talk to a certain and they weren't in your friends list or clan or area you could type "w ExampleName Blah blah blah blah blah" and it would directly send them a pm..... This feature is no longer availiable and makes communication hard :(... Fix it OTM :) Plz and Ty as always
Insert a comma after the name.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Obviously the issues werent fixed i beta like they should have been.hence the term BETA.hard to beleive these issues just popped up outta nowhere.im not saying i hate otm im saying they needa step their game up before they lose an assload of players over this.im sorry if im sounding like im raging but iv spent 3 years and ALOT of money on this game just for it not to even be able to log me in so im frustrated.this game is where i spend most of my free time n since this update i havent been able to play even 1 time.iv been having to play order and chaos in my spare time.
Well, none of the issues with iPod 4s popped up in beta, because Apple required that all devices taking part in it had to run IOS 8, automatically disqualifying iPod 4s. OTM had nothing to do with that. Because of Apple's rule, they did not know that issues with iPod 4s would arise.

Yes, I know its frustrating to not be able to play, but OTM has been working on a fix, it is taking them time because it is an important fix, they do not want to release it half-baked, then find out people still can't log. Give them time, focus on rl.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

IPHONE 4 (ios 7) issues

Can only be played with default characters and low details/draw distance regardless of location. As soon as i try play without default characters, characters take ages to load (they show up invisible), chat is delayed, skill castin is delayed and there is always some lag.

Bossing

Mordris
Currently Impossible to play at Mordris (even with lowest possible graphics settings)- lag keeps increasing and eventually everything is jammed. Cant cast skills, messages delayed by 5minutes. Character doesnt respond. 30+ players.

Hrungnir
Less lag than mordris, but quite overwhelming. Everything the same but on a lesser scale. 30+ players.

200 boss 6*
Much less lag than Mordris even with same number of people. Playable but only at absolute lowest settings (default characters, no sounds, draw/detail distance lowest).

Mailbox/Inventory/Bank

All take very long to open. Mailbox takes ages when trying to send a message. I believe the problem is related to how large your friend list is, the longer it is, the longer it takes to start a new message (as it needs to load ur friend list?). Likewise with inventory and bank, when you reduce the number of items to a very small amount it opens quicker, but ofcourse this isnt reasonable. We should be able to have larger inventory sizes and not be forced to dump all our items.

Fast-Travelling to other locations

Takes a very long time to load the zone when i fast travel. Regardless of how many times i do it. Lowest graphics settings

Trading

Inventory becomes laggy and hard to scroll when trading even if it was smooth before. In addition the search function no longer works when using it in trade window quite frequently (possibly more common in crowded areas where it is laggy).

Logging in and out

TAKES FOREVER TO LOG IN. Atleast 3minutes and sometimes more just loading. My charcter actually logs in much earlier but it is still loading on my screen. When it finally loads, i can see alot of chat alrdy posted which proves that its loggin in late.

"Player X is busy and cannot be traded/grouped etc" BUG

I have no idea what causes this but it happens frequently and is NOT related to device. The message appears on players even if they are doing nothing and they often have to relog (sometimes more than once) to fix it.
____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________
Immortalius Lvl 215+ Warrior
Vyper Lvl 196 Ranger

Aeon
Taranis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKBq429 ... tAVuMn50Xw

Sorry for it being sideways, I couldn't get a good camera angle otherwise. Its not a very good example of me multiboxing as I am still getting used to the new engine and lag.

In the above, the ipad air is the tablet, on the top of the screen on the left is an iphone 4s, below it on the left is a iphone 4, the right top phone is an iphone 5s and below it is an ipod5.

The draw distance is turned to half on all of the iphones/ipods. The iphone 5s had the fast terrain on, but did not have default characters. The iphone 4, 4s and ipod 5 had the fast terrain on and default characters.

The ipad air had everything full.

These settings make navigating very difficult as it is hard to see where you are going. Additionally you cant really see who is who its much harder to read names on everyone than simply recognize them by appearances.

I don't know if it was because there were less people or the update but this time things went more smoothly.

The iphone 4 did extremely poorly with every setting nerfed. It got 4-8 fps and lagged considerably to the point it was hard to move and skills lagged but did not lock up this time. It was still possible to play. even solo away from large groups it lags pretty bad.

The ipod5 and 4s were similar in performance. They lagged a fair bit, it was barely acceptable raid performance. Framerate was choppy but skills didn't seem to lag much. With all settings turned up high (not shown) they lag unacceptably and the game is unplayable.

Iphone 5s ran relatively smoothly with the nerfed settings. It had a relatively smooth frame rate and acceptable performance under the settings. However if you turn the settings up to full it is choppy and does not play well (also not shown in video)

The ipad air ran smoothly full everything. Therefore it isn't my internet nor is it OTM sever performance.

The problem is this isn't really good as to navigate around its annoying to have the draw and detail distance turned down and its really annoying not to know who is who. In my opinion the game is barely playable on ipod5 and iphone 4s with the iphone 4 not playable as the lag is just too much.

Furthermore the game really runs quite poorly on an ipad2 draw and detail turned to 1/2 and fast terrain and default characters on. It has a low framerate and lags pretty badly.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|