Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

I saw some people posting junk like 'learn not to rely on idols.' such a joke. You would have to go to a 7K health build and still be pounded into the ground by any boss worth killing. you would still idol and still end up dying again with 1K reset. Using an unkillable build isn't possible and even trying such a thing would leave you doing so little damage that fights would take even longer than some of the 40 min event bosses take now. It's stupid. In theory Druids solve most of this with skills such as spring of life or rescue...but anyone who has played the game for any length of time can tell you those skills are almost as broken as rangers....and reliance on druids...there just are not enough and it will be months? Years? before you have anywhere near enough main, high level druids to ensure you have enough.

there are years of work on this game by players/clans built around the current resources like idols, pots and so on. methods of bossing, gearing, builds....of course things change and players have to change with every new update HOWEVER...its one thing to adjust to something like the curse and not being able to idol spam. Its quite another to have a 90 percent decrease in the benefit you get from an item and to have the item completely replaced in the game...

new idols change everything....the only reason there isn't a huge problem NOW is because so many people are working with old idols. Those won't last. Also fewer end game bosses being done because of lag crash so the problems are not jumping out. There are only so many things you can do to work around the new idols...like having druids...well, guess what? There are very few druids...so good luck doing anything. I recommend people bank old idols just to see what its really like playing on the new... if you idol anywhere near the AOE of any end boss you're dead and pushed so far into the curse you might as well log off and go home.

This is really just a double dip by OTM. Forcing players to not only plat idols but throw lix and pots on top of them to get the same benefit.

Exactly though we had less total health when they were introduced, the effect was the same back then as it was pre-nerf...full health. How would we have liked it before if idols respawned you with 10% health? That is what they do now. These new idols give a different effect than idols gave back in dustwither days. Don't you see OTM?
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

I saw some people posting junk like 'learn not to rely on idols.' such a joke. You would have to go to a 7K health build and still be pounded into the ground by any boss worth killing. you would still idol and still end up dying again with 1K reset. Using an unkillable build isn't possible and even trying such a thing would leave you doing so little damage that fights would take even longer than some of the 40 min event bosses take now. It's stupid. In theory Druids solve most of this with skills such as spring of life or rescue...but anyone who has played the game for any length of time can tell you those skills are almost as broken as rangers....and reliance on druids...there just are not enough and it will be months? Years? before you have anywhere near enough main, high level druids to ensure you have enough.

Ya we complain about idols but since not a single person has ever tried to use spring of life guess how many complaints they would get from that? Respawns with 1 health and takes like 3k energy! A piece of dust hits them and they are dead again while the druid has to wait like a minute or whatever for the skill to cool rofl.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

No complaints with Spring of Life? Maybe recently there hasnt been any. I think players just gave up. OTM wont ever fix it.
I use it on my lower level alts since I don't need any points with good gear. It's bugged and nearly unusable. If you are moving when you die you are out of sync with other peoples devices and when they try to res you you are out of range. Also starting in the new engine you cannot target dead people directly. Between the two bugs it's nearly impossible to use currently.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

No complaints with Spring of Life? Maybe recently there hasnt been any. I think players just gave up. OTM wont ever fix it.
I use it on my lower level alts since I don't need any points with good gear. It's bugged and nearly unusable. If you are moving when you die you are out of sync with other peoples devices and when they try to res you you are out of range. Also starting in the new engine you cannot target dead people directly. Between the two bugs it's nearly impossible to use currently.
i still don't see why they released this darn engine when it was not even finished.
Level 150 Rogue World:Belenus
Clan: Ronin
I play on my free time, usualy on weekends and if my grades are good on weekdays.