Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

dancing is a waste due to speed cap

Sometimes when you mash the dance button your toon doesnt dance, because maybe you were in the middle of something else (attacking a brown rabbit or whatever).
Admin assured me that when this happens, your toon is still dancing on the server side. He said sometimes the animation doesn't always stay in sync with what's happening on the server.

But how can you know for sure?

I'm glad you asked. Testing is the answer. And SPREADSHEETS of course!

But spreadsheets alone arent enough. You need Numbers, baby! We like to call this DATA.

So I got a spreadsheet, but I still needed the data. Where to get the data? I wasn't sure yet, so I decided to just start testing.

First, I eqipped my DL dagger and began attacking a mob (Any mob should do. I chose a brown rabbit). While attacking I began dancing also. While doing this I noticed there were numbers scrolling up above the mob. I had my numbers.

DATA!

I noticed there were times that my toon did not display the dancing animation, and I carefully noted the number of times that this happened.

More DATA!

When I was done I had a spreadsheet with a lot of numbers on it.

After interpreting the data (which involved dividing the total of all the numbers by my toon level and multilying the result by pi) I can unequivically say that the dancing animation is not a trustworthy indicator of whether or not your toon is actually dancing.

This just goes to show that with a little hard work and a lot of numbers, you can figure out any mystery.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: dancing is a waste due to speed cap

After 87 posts and many requests for OTM to comment, an admin finally responds to the real topic on haste capping (http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 70#p510913).

After 2 posts and no requests for OTM to comment, an admin replies on this parody thread.

#OTMLogic
Esquilax isn't related to design or any underlying team at OTM in charge of game mechanics. He reports and fixes bugs (QA engineer). He's also my fave guy on forums so no bashing him or you deal with me.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Re: dancing is a waste due to speed cap

After 87 posts and many requests for OTM to comment, an admin finally responds to the real topic on haste capping (http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... 70#p510913).

After 2 posts and no requests for OTM to comment, an admin replies on this parody thread.

#OTMLogic
Sorry no offense intended. I hadn't read the other post but his one made me laugh as I read it as a serious post until i got to the end *facepalm
"It was like that when I got here"