Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Chessmen Quest Guide

So I've been playing a new character from scratch on a new world and, though not a significant part of the game, wanted to provide a guide for new players on the quest: The Chessmen.
First of all, for those who aren't familiar, the quest consists of collecting chess pieces to obtain the 'helm of the wanderer' (17 armor, 30 defence) which is the best helm a new player can get for a long time (for free!) by killing 'Chessmaster' mobs throughout Lir's Reach. This quest is extremely similar to end game quests for dragonlord armor in the sense that it requires you to collect drops from multiple mobs which often spawn as placeholders. Also by the way that each mob drops lower tier drops comprehensively, which will be explained later on. So this quest provides the camping experience required for end game players!
In the order of difficulty the quest requires:
-8 pawns
-2 knights
-2 bishops
-2 rooks
-1 queen
-1 king
There are five mobs that drop these. One is in Crookback Hollow, near Bracken the Puppy, who drops only pawns. One is west of the bandit camp who drops rooks, bishops, knights, and pawns. I'm assuming this one would drop mainly knights and bishops because it is the second lowest level, after the Crookback mob. The next is northeast of the Temple of Belenus who drops pawns, knights, bishops, and rooks. I assume this one focuses on bishops and rooks due to it's level. Next is a mob hiding in a tent in the Skullcrusher camp who drops all of the previous drops with an addition of queens. I assume this one focuses on rooks and queens due to level. The final mob is in the Dustwither Catacombs in the eastern room closest to the Withered Vaults leystone. This one drops all of the pieces with an addition of kings. These mobs spawn rather quickly except for the dustwither mob which takes a while longer. They take longer to spawn increasingly based on level. The mobs have placeholders called 'apprentices' who give no drop but you have to kill them to get the Chessmasters to spawn, which give drops. Beware this quest could be a big time commitment depending on your luck, so good luck and enjoy your new helm of the wanderer!
-Alb
Albericus of Herne
Lazydrunks founder
Ranger skills still broken...

Re: The Chessmen Quest Guide

Helpful for a new player, but I think the apprentices have drops (rarely) too. Not really sure but I think they do.
Your arguement is invalid.

nice guide. I'm pretty sure that this quest was changed slightly for Android, and subsequently the new engine, though.
Good to hear because it's definitely not a fun quest currently on ios :lol:
Albericus of Herne
Lazydrunks founder
Ranger skills still broken...

Yep, the quest is different for Android..actually even better when compared to iOS.

Now, crosshairs will show when the mobs you require spawn and I dont think there are placeholders anymore. Thanks to this, every noob will benefit from the defense helm; By the way, the helm got a new look...it looks like..uh...the crown of thorns that Jesus wore.

Regardless, nice job on the guide!
Join "The Walking Dead Discussion!"|[Game]Picture Count 1,2,3...!|[Game]PotatoFlix!
" I forgive you Mountain :3 "

Yep, the quest is different for Android..actually even better when compared to iOS.

Now, crosshairs will show when the mobs you require spawn and I dont think there are placeholders anymore. Thanks to this, every noob will benefit from the defense helm; By the way, the helm got a new look...it looks like..uh...the crown of thorns that Jesus wore.

Regardless, nice job on the guide!
I want to wear it as fashion now.
I am a Moderator Need any help? Private message me here or send me a mail in-game, Liviticus on every world.