Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

farming area

Some nasty people scolded me today for farming in an area where they were lixing. They even threatened to get their whole clan to mass report me to OTM to get me banned. Is there any rule that one cannot farm in an area where others are lixing? What give them more right to be there just because they are lixing? One of them even asserted they have more rights to be there because they were there first. Actually I have been there for a long time. Just that I logged out to sleep and shower etc. and when I went back, they were there.

This topic is to get the views of players and not to start a flame war. So pl give your views only and do not start any attack against anyone or this thread will be locked.

Re: farming area

Theres not a rule against farming in an area that has other people. There is a lock feature for a reason. Each mob belongs to a person only after they recieve lock. But that being said it is common mmo courtesy that if someoe is killing mobs in an area and have spent plat or ingame cash to buy an xp potion then its nice to move on so u dont waiste thier lix. As for u saying u were there first then logged and came back doesn't work, once u leave an area or log out its fair game. If u log and come back in 30 and see someone grinding its just the right thing to do to leave and wait for em to be done. As i said before this isnt a rule, its just common mmo courtesy. How would u like it if people came into an area that u were lixing on and started killing mobs, therefor making it so u have to wait for respawns and lose precious time on a lix? If the place is big enough for 2 without either having to wait for respawns then i dont see a problem.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

Theres not a rule against farming in an area that has other people. There is a lock feature for a reason. Each mob belongs to a person only after they recieve lock. But that being said it is common mmo courtesy that if someoe is killing mobs in an area and have spent plat or ingame cash to buy an xp potion then its nice to move on so u dont waiste thier lix. As for u saying u were there first then logged and came back doesn't work, once u leave an area or log out its fair game. If u log and come back in 30 and see someone grinding its just the right thing to do to leave and wait for em to be done. As i said before this isnt a rule, its just common mmo courtesy. How would u like it if people came into an area that u were lixing on and started killing mobs, therefor making it so u have to wait for respawns and lose precious time on a lix? If the place is big enough for 2 without either having to wait for respawns then i dont see a problem.
So it is just common courtesy and I have done nothing wrong except that I am being rude. Maybe courtesy isnt so common especially when you are dealing with a rival clan. So is it common courtesy not to kill your rival clan member in arena? Or should I continue to kill them for fun? Hope this is not against OTM rule and no one can report me for killing others in arena and get me banned.

Correct you have done nothing wrong other than being rude and inconsiderate of others. As for arena. Thats arena, meant to kill others in there, have at it. But when you kill someone who hasnt did anything to you besides clan boss wars then imo dont complain when they return the favor and kill you. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. When it comes to boss competition. All is fair game because your fighting for your clan. But when you start to make it personal by attacking others out of bossing areas who were just doing the same for thier clan at a boss then u add a new layer onto it and dont be suprised when that other player starts doing bad things to u personally outside of bossing because u started it. To fight for a boss imo is different than finding a guy solo and purpesedly screwing up thier lix. Thats not competition its just being a ***.
Server: Danu since 2011
Clan - Ascension
Sockthief -- Level 227 Ranger
Siegengine -- Level 182 Warrior
Stinkysock -- Level 180 Rogue

The area is open for everyone, but I don't think it would work well with others when their leveling process is disturbed, they will bring out their knives and forks and it's better to farm someplace else. In addition to taunts and abuse you're just practically wasting your time since half of the kills will go to the lixers.

I've been in this scenario and have chosen to leave. Nothing is more worse than low levels spreading rumours.
Wattzon of Sulis

I see nothin wrong with what u did..But there is also a respect thing too. Where ever i go too farming or leveling..i check just too see if im gonna mess someone up.Even If not gonna lix n i go in one of the boggan caves..if someone in there lixing..i come back 15mins later or go somewhere esle.Always other ways too farm or make gold..the game is big enough too do what u want..just treat people how u wanna be treated n respected..n u be good