Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#51
Smellyunder wrote:What credibility does the starter of this thread has when he himself has broken all the rules set by OTM and got banned many times? those in Arawn all know this bloke is famous for clan hopping and is now ostracized by most clans.



I have had 1 account that I gifted to a clanmate banned . Try as hard as you'd like you know your in the wrong . So the only tactic you can resort to is trying to discredit things that i say when other creditable people have agreed with me. So before you start trying to demean my character and make me look bad go have a talk with your clanmate who started this .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#52
Who cares if people share accounts?
Personally, I wouldn't want to share an account simply because I like seeing the progress I make, and knowing that it is all me. It's the fun of the game. And that's exactly it- it's a game- so who cares? If sharing their account is what makes the game enjoyable to them, have at it. Unless they are in some way hurting someone else, which was not apparent from any information you presented, just let them have fun.
It's a game.
To answer your question, though, they should not be banned.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#53
Aaragorn wrote:Who cares if people share accounts?
Personally, I wouldn't want to share an account simply because I like seeing the progress I make, and knowing that it is all me. It's the fun of the game. And that's exactly it- it's a game- so who cares? If sharing their account is what makes the game enjoyable to them, have at it. Unless they are in some way hurting someone else, which was not apparent from any information you presented, just let them have fun.
It's a game.
To answer your question, though, they should not be banned.




They broke the terms of service that they agreed to with otm by sharing thier accounts . If you share your account you get banned that's the rule .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#54
nueee wrote:
Aaragorn wrote:Who cares if people share accounts?
Personally, I wouldn't want to share an account simply because I like seeing the progress I make, and knowing that it is all me. It's the fun of the game. And that's exactly it- it's a game- so who cares? If sharing their account is what makes the game enjoyable to them, have at it. Unless they are in some way hurting someone else, which was not apparent from any information you presented, just let them have fun.
It's a game.
To answer your question, though, they should not be banned.




They broke the terms of service that they agreed to with otm by sharing thier accounts . If you share your account you get banned that's the rule .


That's completely understood. What I am saying is this: take a step back and ask, are they really hurting anyone? It seems the answer in this case is no. So if they're hurting no one, and it makes the game fun for them, who gives a rats fanny? Let them have fun all that want, it's a game.

Now if you really want to turn the game into a painstaking and hair splitting process for some reason, please just try to enjoy the game. But if you need something to justify them not being banned, look at it from the perspective of intent. In the legal system, this is referred to as legislative intent. What were OTM's intentions when they created this rule? Well, first off, they definitely don't want one character with two people behind it getting an unfair advantage over other players. This was not presented as the case in this instance. What else? Well maybe they think that acct sharing would lead to reduced play sales. This, also, was not presented as the case.
Do you really think their intentions were to ban loyal players that share accounts as a means of fun in the game (as you are always innocent until proven otherwise)?
I say absolutely not.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#55
Aaragorn wrote:
nueee wrote:
Aaragorn wrote:Who cares if people share accounts?
Personally, I wouldn't want to share an account simply because I like seeing the progress I make, and knowing that it is all me. It's the fun of the game. And that's exactly it- it's a game- so who cares? If sharing their account is what makes the game enjoyable to them, have at it. Unless they are in some way hurting someone else, which was not apparent from any information you presented, just let them have fun.
It's a game.
To answer your question, though, they should not be banned.




They broke the terms of service that they agreed to with otm by sharing thier accounts . If you share your account you get banned that's the rule .


That's completely understood. What I am saying is this: take a step back and ask, are they really hurting anyone? It seems the answer in this case is no. So if they're hurting no one, and it makes the game fun for them, who gives a rats fanny? Let them have fun all that want, it's a game.

Now if you really want to turn the game into a painstaking and hair splitting process for some reason, please just try to enjoy the game. But if you need something to justify them not being banned, look at it from the perspective of intent. In the legal system, this is referred to as legislative intent. What were OTM's intentions when they created this rule? Well, first off, they definitely don't want one character with two people behind it getting an unfair advantage over other players. This was not presented as the case in this instance. What else? Well maybe they think that acct sharing would lead to reduced play sales. This, also, was not presented as the case.
Do you really think their intentions were to ban loyal players that share accounts as a means of fun in the game (as you are always innocent until proven otherwise)?
I say absolutely not.


Rules should be set the same for all I've been a loyal player i still have had an account banned it has nothing to do with loyalty . I've been playing since version 2 im also a loyal player and coustomer . If I have to follow the rules they should too.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#56
If you're at this point of rules and fairness then your argument isn't with the general public. It's directly with OTM and you should be in discussion with them. My first opinion was with you but after seeing the entire argument Im not sure im on your side anymore. I completely understand making a flat set of rules but nothing in life is completely fair. There are always exceptions and despite 5 pages of posts there is still nothing that warrants a ban. I agree completely that account sharing is bad. But in this particular case I don't see where it affects the game in a negative way at all.

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#57
I can tell you that just because someone is a plat buyer does not mean they are given prefertial treatment. I've had a number of requests that were all denied and I'm a regular plat buyer.

I still don't understand why you even care about these players as they're not impacting you. Again, I ask, if you're best friend was acct sharing, would you report them and demand they be banned? What about a family member? If not, then then the only reason for this is to be malicious.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#58
Zyz wrote:I can tell you that just because someone is a plat buyer does not mean they are given prefertial treatment. I've had a number of requests that were all denied and I'm a regular plat buyer.

I still don't understand why you even care about these players as they're not impacting you. Again, I ask, if you're best friend was acct sharing, would you report them and demand they be banned? What about a family member? If not, then then the only reason for this is to be malicious.


The reason he cares about these 2 players out of all that were mass reported in the same clan, is because they are the leaders of the said dominant clan.

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#59
nueee wrote:Rules should be set the same for all I've been a loyal player i still have had an account banned it has nothing to do with loyalty . I've been playing since version 2 im also a loyal player and coustomer . If I have to follow the rules they should too.

The rules are the same. The punishments are not.

The Unauthorized Account Access Policy says that accounts in violation of this policy are subject to the Celtic Heroes Disciplinary Procedure. It does NOT say that shared account = automatic ban, even though this is often the case.

The Celtic Heroes Disciplinary Procedure says that OTM can either warn or disable, depending the severity of the infraction.

These two players you speak of, who allegedly shared accounts 1 year ago, received warnings instead of bans. You, on the other hand, received a ban.

There are many possible reasons why those two players did not get banned. Maybe OTM found chat logs but no incriminating IP/device evidence (people shared using the same device). Maybe the multiple devices logging in to the same account all used the same Apple ID. Most likely, OTM did not have account access history reaching back to 1 year ago, and issued a warning only because they could not find actual evidence.

The tickets were filed, OTM investigated, and decided to issue warnings. I'm sure OTM Support, whose job it is to sift through tickets all day, has their reasons behind that decision. But regardless of OTM's reasons, you have no grounds to challenge that decision. You can appeal to re-enable your own account—that's fine—but there is no such thing as appealing to disable someone else.

Re: Yes or no( rulebreakers / bombshells)

#60
kashigolean wrote:
Zyz wrote:I can tell you that just because someone is a plat buyer does not mean they are given prefertial treatment. I've had a number of requests that were all denied and I'm a regular plat buyer.

I still don't understand why you even care about these players as they're not impacting you. Again, I ask, if you're best friend was acct sharing, would you report them and demand they be banned? What about a family member? If not, then then the only reason for this is to be malicious.


The reason he cares about these 2 players out of all that were mass reported in the same clan, is because they are the leaders of the said dominant clan.




The reaso i care and any of this started was because your clanmate made his video and started this ... Sorry im bold enough to bring it out into the open unlike your clanmate who hides his video now because he even knows im right . So I'll tell you like i told smelly look at who posted the video and talk with him he started it but don't have the gusto to stand behind it . ( I shoulda been smart and ss the description.)
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests