Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Sharing

I posted this in feedback and suggestions and it was removed for some unknown reason and nobody wants to reply to me asking why so I'll post here .

I think account sharing should be a at your own risk sorta thing in which in the beginning of the game there is a disclaimer saying otm isn't responible for any items/gold missing or lost or put in the Tos .Anyone who has played this game religiously is well aware of the acc sharing between clannies and family. And a lot of people get banned when they really didn't do anything wrong. There have been accs banned that have lined otms pockets for sharing and that again is stupid if we want to risk our acc info and items we should have the option to at our own risk.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Sharing

[quote] I posted this in feedback and suggestions and it was removed for some unknown reason and nobody wants to reply to me asking why so I'll post here.
I think account sharing should be a at your own risk sorta thing in which in the beginning of the game there is a disclaimer saying otm isn't responible for any items/gold missing or lost or put in the Tos .Anyone who has played this game religiously is well aware of the acc sharing between clannies and family. And a lot of people get banned when they really didn't do anything wrong. There have been accs banned that have lined otms pockets for sharing and that again is stupid if we want to risk our acc info and items we should have the option to at our own risk. [/quote]

The reason account sharing is banned in every last iOS application (all mmo on iTunes In lures obviously) is that allowing the sharing of platinum between different iTunes accounts is against the developer agreement OTM signed with apple. Failure to have account sharing be against the rules and actively pursuing rule breakers could get OTM banned from iTunes, banned as a developer, heck apple could decide to remote wipe ch from your idevices.

Good luck finding a new copy of this document OTM can't even say a word about it or they could be thrown in jail on top of the rest happening.

So outside of the gaming reasons account sharing is bad this one trumps the whole issue.

Want to blame someone? Blame apple. Call them and explain how their North Korea business model costs them money. They will be too busy swimming in the large bills money pool to take the call but hey - why not try?
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I posted this in feedback and suggestions and it was removed for some unknown reason and nobody wants to reply to me asking why so I'll post here.
I think account sharing should be a at your own risk sorta thing in which in the beginning of the game there is a disclaimer saying otm isn't responible for any items/gold missing or lost or put in the Tos .Anyone who has played this game religiously is well aware of the acc sharing between clannies and family. And a lot of people get banned when they really didn't do anything wrong. There have been accs banned that have lined otms pockets for sharing and that again is stupid if we want to risk our acc info and items we should have the option to at our own risk.
The reason account sharing is banned in every last iOS application (all mmo on iTunes In lures obviously) is that allowing the sharing of platinum between different iTunes accounts is against the developer agreement OTM signed with apple. Failure to have account sharing be against the rules and actively pursuing rule breakers could get OTM banned from iTunes, banned as a developer, heck apple could decide to remote wipe ch from your idevices.

Good luck finding a new copy of this document OTM can't even say a word about it or they could be thrown in jail on top of the rest happening.

So outside of the gaming reasons account sharing is bad this one trumps the whole issue.

Want to blame someone? Blame apple. Write them and explain how their North Korea business model costs them money. They will be too busy swimming in the large bills money pool to take the call but hey - why not try?

I've played other ios mmos one for example is order and chaos i belive no acc sharing is in there rules as well but anytime you log there ,there is someone selling an acc and no one gets banned. Otm enforces this possible made up rule your speaking of . If it were the case onc which is a bigger game then ch would have been wiped out by Apple .... Apple don't give a crap as long as the check clears.

We should have the right to share or not to share it is our acc our hard work and if we wanna risk it it should be aloud.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

I posted this in feedback and suggestions and it was removed for some unknown reason and nobody wants to reply to me asking why so I'll post here.

Want to blame someone? Blame apple. Write them and explain how their North Korea business model costs them money. They will be too busy swimming in the large bills money pool to take the call but hey - why not try?

I've played other ios mmos one for example is order and chaos i belive no acc sharing is in there rules as well but anytime you log there ,there is someone selling an acc and no one gets banned. Otm enforces this possible made up rule your speaking of . If it were the case onc which is a bigger game then ch would have been wiped out by Apple .... Apple don't give a crap as long as the check clears.

We should have the right to share or not to share it is our acc our hard work and if we wanna risk it it should be aloud.
It can't be thier offical policy that's for damn sure.

It's why oac banned it also. It's up to the developers to determine thier action based on the risk. Gameloft does a ton of business with iTunes, OTM does not. If apple were going to do something, like apple did with free apps for paid magazine and newspaper subscriptions, its likely they would fry OTM to make the other more profitable companies conform.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

This is an opioin lol do you know the ins and outs of iTunes ? I only know of one player that actually does work for Apple i will have to get his input on it when I log . I don't think Apple has the time to be checking in on games to make sure they are not sharing accounts , they have bigger fish to fry . I think most would agree with me when I say it should be allowed but at your own risk.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

If you enable sharing then you open it up to account selling. I played WoW and they have a no account selling policy too. I think part of the reason is that your character is actually OTM property, since it exists on their servers and you have a license to use it. Gaming companies dont want people getting rich off of something that they own.

There is also the possibility of scamming as well by selling accounts, since the trade is done outside the mechanics of the game. OTM has no control over the trade, so they cannot promote it.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

If you enable sharing then you open it up to account selling. I played WoW and they have a no account selling policy too. I think part of the reason is that your character is actually OTM property, since it exists on their servers and you have a license to use it. Gaming companies dont want people getting rich off of something that they own.

There is also the possibility of scamming as well by selling accounts, since the trade is done outside the mechanics of the game. OTM has no control over the trade, so they cannot promote it.

Im talking along the lines of my case where I left my server didn't want to let 3 years of hard work get flushed down the drain so I gave my account to my clanmate who always had troubles leveling but had heart and drive to help clan. In cases like these I don't think a ban should be permitted.

Selling agreed that it could cause issues but both you and I and any seasoned player knows people still sell accounts and people still share accounts especially interclan and family.

I never thought of it like that .... Our toons are otms property.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Lugh

Search Nue Sizemore

I completely agree that account gifting should be allowed, sure there's occasionally some drama involved but it really helps some people who don't level very easily (perhaps do to time constraints perhaps) but do enjoy bettering their clans and or servers and have the drive to play the game.
Obey the Nightmaster