Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Meeps Guide to uploading Gif Images

Please read the original screenshot guide to be able to progress with with gif uploads.
http://celtic-heroes.com/forum/viewtopi ... f=4&t=6199

Introduction
If there is one of these already, then it is difficult to find and chances are, my guide is better.
In this guide you will master the skill of uploading amazing gif images to enhance you foruming. Enjoy kids

Step 1
Read through the original guide done by Arrow26 (link at the top) if you haven't yet then you may scratch your head and wonder what the hell I'm talking about. Dont just flick through the first article and assume you know this already or this will not work for you. "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

Step 2
Now that you have the boring writing part out of your way, its time to select an image. Something that I use to do a lot of my gifs is access a video, find a clip that runs for 2-5 seconds then screenshot it and right after that play and pause as fast as you can. Do this for the duration of the intended clip. (60 images maximum go into a Gif) Examples can be found further below of Gifs. If you wish to make a gif using a quick video filmed on your iPad, please hold your film buttons until step 4.

Step 3
Now because of the original screenshot post, you will probably have PhotoBucket downloaded on your iPad. If you don't, do so. The Simple resize app is fortunately not needed for this. Once you have an account registered in the PhotoBucket app you are ready to upload Gifs.

The Gif image upload area of the PhotoBucket app is very recent and is very decent. If you know of any other apps that provide the same service, feel free to use it. Now go to the home section of the app and click the small plus sign at the bottom left area of your screen. After you have selected that, please click the part that says 'Gif maker' to continue.

Step 4
Now for this part, I will explain it in two separate parts. The first part will be for the people who are using my tactic of pause screenshots and the second one is for the players who are willing to try out the filming Gifs.

Pause screenshots
Now that you have your pictures, and you are in Gif maker, select the file from your saved photos and select each picture you took of your scene in order. (Once again, 60 maximum) after you have done that, press next at the top right side of the screen. Your Gif will then be created and available for the last part to make edits including photo speed and the type of animation you want in your Gif. (Options include normal, reversed or both)
After you are satisfied with your Gif image, select save and the image will then show up on your photo bucket recorded as a gif image.

Video filming
For this section be in Gif maker but instead of selecting saved photos, find what you want to film and simply film it for a few seconds! Once filmed you will then be able to edit it like you can to photo screenshots and once your satisfied with the Gif, select save and like the screenshot gif, it will appear on your PhotoBucket account recorded as a gif image.

Step 5
Now that your actually have your Gif image, its time to post it to your favourite place, forums! To do this, go back to your homepage and see the newly added Gif. Select it and click the small circle with the little i at the bottom of the screen. From there, copy the link for direct like you do in the first guide for screenshots and then you are ready to add onto forums.

How to use the image
You can do a lot of things with your new gif. My favourite is going into the user control panel and using your direct link to change your profile picture to a Gif.
The next part is in the forums itself. Go into a relevant topic, post a reply or topic starter, select the Img button at the top of the page and paste your new direct link in between.

Those are the main uses of gif images on these forums and here are a few examples of ones iv put together.
Now that you can make your very own gif images, get out into the forum world, post weird unfathomable and enjoy!
(Note: IPAD ONLY)
Meeplol from Rosmerta- Ranger 223

Top pvp ranger on Celtic heroes
We Love Meep